Anti-aging, more collagen production, youthful appearance due to glitch re: histamine?

ALS

I have a lessened ability to produce DAO, the enzyme that degrades histamine. I was able to find this out by putting my DNA data thru an app on Live Wello. I have known
I had histamine issues from a young age, over reaction to bug bites, for one. In addition, I've always looked a lot younger than my age, Then I found this article

A photo recently posted on Instgram of my mother in her forties generated a great deal of comments regarding histamine and ageing. Specifically that many of us look younger than we are. Significantly younger. Though I passed through a rough patch of about a decade when I was really sick, and therefore most certainly did not look my best, nor my youngest, I now absolutely do not believe I look my age (41 in August 2016). So based on the flimsiest of ideas, that those with histamine issues look younger than they are, I decided to see if there was any science to it. A number of animal studies point to a link between histamine and collagen production, and turnover. In particular, keloid and hypertrophic scars (an aggressive type of scarring) are believed to be the result of an over production of histamine. And that’s probably why antihistamines have been shown to prevent the synthesis of collagen. The dysregulation of prostaglandin E2, found in mast cells where histamine also lives, has also been shown to contribute to abnormal scar formation. One study I read concluded that human mast cells generally increase collagen synthesis. Now, that’s all well and interesting, and there may in fact be a relationship between looking younger and having excess histamine, but what’s the effect of long term inflammation on the body? It’s not great.

xeliex

Very interesting.

I was still getting carded at 42 years old. I did not know I had a histamine problem until 3 years ago though.

ALS

I once took an allergen test and a lot of fruits that were red were showing up - strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, etc as well as different types of fish.

The Dr. could not explain this, and took it at face value.

I found that red in fruits is caused by histamine - strawberries are generally high in histamine. Seafood can be high in histamine if not absolutely fresh - the histamine content increases quickly if not stored properly - maybe that's the reason for that showing up.

The inflammation is a killer though. I wish I didn't have to deal with that.

Motif

Wow. It makes sense.
But my hair is falling out from histamine. If this would not be the case I would look 20 with 35.

ALS

Do histamine affect the lifespan / longevity?
Histamine is created every time you eat, independent of the histamine content of the food eaten.

The inflammation is the problem. Like I said, I don't degrade histamine efficiently which results in inflammation.

I'm looking into this supplement to deal with that problem

Cytokine Suppress® with EGCG​

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
youngsinatra Rate My Anti-Aging Stack Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 71
haidut Policosanol Is Antiviral And A Potent Inducer Of Anti-aging Gene Klotho Scientific Studies 39
haidut Androgens Boost, Estrogen Inhibits, Anti-aging Gene Klotho Scientific Studies 1
haidut Topical DHEA Has Potent Anti-aging Effects On Human Skin Scientific Studies 8
haidut Simply Diluting "old Blood" Has The Same Anti-aging Effects As Parabiosis Scientific Studies 43
haidut "Anti-aging" Hormone (hGH) May Actually Shorten Life Scientific Studies 3
Hans Inhibiting Lipolysis Can Have Anti-aging Effects Scientific Studies 15
ScurveDream What Is The Bioenergetic/"Peaty" Approach To Non-senescence (or Reverse/anti-aging)? Ask For Help or Advice 0
ScurveDream Best Anti-aging/reverse Senescence Regimens/methods Today? Health 20
Max. (Anti-aging / Wrinkles) What Worked For You? Ask For Help or Advice 33
Aleeri Icariin, Is It Really Bad? --- Erectile Function, Libido, Stress, Aging, Anti-inflammatory Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 14
M Anti-Peat David Sinclair On Joe Rogan - Anti Aging And Diseases Etc Debate - Anti-Peat 52
E Scientists Believe They’re Getting Closer To An Anti-aging Pill Scientific Studies 36
H The Anti-aging Protein Klotho Induced By Gaba Scientific Studies 19
michael94 "Anti-aging Products And Services Is A Multi-billion Dollar Industry" Miscellaneous Health Discussions 0
Dessert_All_Day Google Is Super Secretive About Its Anti-aging Research. No One Knows Why Articles & Scientific Studies 24
D Tongkat Ali For Hair Loss And Anti Aging? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
Mito Combating Iron In The Brain: Researchers Find Anti-aging Micromolecule Scientific Studies 1
P Potential Anti-aging Role Of Taurine Via Proper Protein Folding: A Study From Taurine Transporter Kn Articles & Scientific Studies 0
S Looks Like These Scientists Are Looking To Jump Into The Anti Aging Realm Supplements 21
juanitacarlos NAD Anti-aging Trials In Mice Miscellaneous Health Discussions 17
N "Anti-aging Diet Would Emphasize Low Starch Consumption" Ray Peat Quotes 78
calvert79 Anti Panic Attack Elixir? Ask For Help or Advice 30
bzmazu MUST SEE...DELETED BILL GATES DOCUMENTARY ABOUT GMO, VACCINES, Anti-Trust Lawsuit Vaccines 3
M Orange Juice is a potent anti-thyroid Diet 21
Lokzo Bromantane: The Anti-Stress Nootropic Supplements 1
appotis Warning Importing Androsterone to Germany Anti-Doping-Law Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
Mito Anti-inflammatory activity of ivermectin in late-stage COVID-19 may reflect activation of systemic glycine receptors Miscellaneous Health Discussions 3
GreekDemiGod Preventive anti-Covid measures for my mother | Help me convince her to skip the vaxx Ask For Help or Advice 80
tankasnowgod The Anti-Catabolic and Anabolic Hormonal Profile of Eggs Eggs 28
A Cheap and effective anti-cortisol supp/alternative to ashwaghanda Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 28
Hugh Johnson Anti–spike IgG causes severe acute lung injury by skewing macrophage responses during acute SARS-CoV infection Scientific Studies 0
RealNeat Anti-A people, how do you respond to D? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
A Anti-Peat article on google Diet 10
Michael Mohn Bifonazole, otc anti fungal, strong aromatase inhibitor, anti histamine, anti inflammatory Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
Mauritio Allithiamine : a potent endotoxin-antagonist and anti-inflammatory Scientific Studies 3
Hans Top 6 Anti-Constipation Foods (#1 is a must eat) Articles & Scientific Studies 30
R Bixin carotenoide from annatto bean is anti-inflammatory, reduces carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats Scientific Studies 0
RealNeat The HighWire is the anti-venom to MSM Resources 0
Hans Anti-serotonin stack for more energy and well-being Articles & Scientific Studies 17
Mauritio 10-methoxy-harmalan ,an anti-serotonin chemical? IdeaLabs 34
Mauritio Caprylic acid is anti-bacterial, lowers IL-8, helps Glioblastoma Fats 0
R Bad reaction to anti-biotic? Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
Harryedgar Anti -Peat - Fructose Increases Endotoxin? Sugar, Honey 0
D Good alternative to anti anxiety medication? Mental Issues 34
N Diamant / Adamantane usage as an anti-viral in the treatment of covid19? Ask For Help or Advice 0
haidut Glycine has a universal anti-viral effect Scientific Studies 38
haidut Vitamin D is anti-catabolic / anabolic, protects liver from cortisol injury Scientific Studies 2
haidut PUFA is catabolic, SFA is anti-catabolic (anabolic) Scientific Studies 0
D Anti Estrogenic Foods and Supplements Diet 3