Anybody here really cured histamine intolerance?

OP
M

Motif

My scalp itching is worse since I introduced veal liver oysters and beef about three weeks ago. Should i rather stop this? @redsun

redsun

My scalp itching is worse since I introduced veal liver oysters and beef about three weeks ago. Should i rather stop this? @redsun

Stop the high copper foods they are likely what is making it worse. Zinc heavy foods will not cause or worsen itch.

OP
M

Motif

Oysters infrequently as they are loaded with zinc. Liver I would stop.

but wouldn’t it also be possible that it’s because of the canned oysters? I mean - canned and histamine is not ideal , right ?

youngsinatra

I don't think that the copper in those foods is the real problem, but the fact that these foods are quite often high in histamines, which probably make your itching worse, when you have trouble with processing histamines.

I think a low histamine diet for a while plus cleaning up the gut is a good approach to improve the intolerance, a DAO supplement might really help in the meantime (it really helps keeping symptoms at bay.) - then later on try adding in some copper-rich foods like liver, mushrooms to improve DAO synthesis.

peace.

OP
M

Motif

I don't think that the copper in those foods is the real problem, but the fact that these foods are quite often high in histamines, which probably make your itching worse, when you have trouble with processing histamines.

I think a low histamine diet for a while plus cleaning up the gut is a good approach to improve the intolerance, a DAO supplement might really help in the meantime (it really helps keeping symptoms at bay.) - then later on try adding in some copper-rich foods like liver, mushrooms to improve DAO synthesis.

peace.
I ate low histamine for years and tried to „repair“ my gut but with absolutely no success.

MidBicep

Today I ate some boiled potatoes since yesterday my diet was basically milk, sugar and coconut oil and my poops were suboptimal. Worst mistake in a while, it's 5:30 am and I haven't slept at all. The itching was crazy all over my body and even though it went away with sugared milk I don't feel the need to sleep anymore.
This just proves to me once again that histamine intolerance is a byproduct of sibo. Back to 0 starch, this time with a bit more cheese and quite a bit more coconut oil.

youngsinatra

Have you tried antibiotics?

OP
M

Motif

@redsun

should I test blood for histidine? Should I try to supplement it?

l-histidine? Is that what I need? How much of it daily ?

Last edited:

lampofred

Wouldn't eating mainly fruits and avoiding histamine-rich protein sources be the way to detox histamine?

I think taking vit A as a supplement may also help to detox histamine (but not eating vit A rich foods, like eggs, butter, or liver, because they will all raise histamine).

And also I think Dr. Peat's thyroid + vitamin D combo is meant to lower histamine.

Biologically histamine might equal a craving for sugar.

Last edited:

Elize

Personally found that I react to Vitamin A and D and have histamine liberating reactions to them.

What is helping me is no supplements but do intermittent fasting

OP
M

Motif

Can anybody tell me how much histidine and what ratio of zinc and copper ?
Is chlorophyll a good source for copper? A few drops have a few mg copper .

And is folate recommended? Should I take more of it?
@redsun my man.

redsun

Can anybody tell me how much histidine and what ratio of zinc and copper ?
Is chlorophyll a good source for copper? A few drops have a few mg copper .

And is folate recommended? Should I take more of it?
@redsun my man.

If you have high histamine issues you should not take histidine.

ursidae

What is the relationship between niacin and histamine? I’ve never had the dry mouth problem before supplementing B3

OP
M

Motif

If you have high histamine issues you should not take histidine.

I‘m not sure if low or high.
how can I find out?

blood shows low copper , zinc and ceruloplasmin.

symptoms are seborrhoic eczema , dermatitis with hair loss, sometimes sweating. Chronic tight muscles.

Taking zinc helps a lot with the symptoms! Copper not sure. I take some just to keep it up.

my digestion is slow.
OJ and peanut butter are one of the worst foods for my skin. It breaks out like crazy from it.
@redsun

Niacin with flush has positive effects on my skin. Cyproheptadine made it even worse I think!

Daft

Currently having MASSIVE success w 3g slow release vit c just upped dose from 1g

OP
M

Motif

Currently having MASSIVE success w 3g slow release vit c just upped dose from 1g
Great. What kind of C is this ?

why are the east west healing and Root cause protocol guys so against taking zinc?
for me it seems to be important to take some. My itching really is so much better with it .

Daft

Great. What kind of C is this ?

why are the east west healing and Root cause protocol guys so against taking zinc?
for me it seems to be important to take some. My itching really is so much better with it .

Ascorbic acid, though I've switched to instant absorbing calcium ascorbate which seems to work well too, and more quickly.

I presume its because zinc will reduce copper and that's a cofactor for diamine oxidase. A zinc copper mixed supplement would prevent this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals