Any idea how to separate Benfotiamine and microcrystalline cellulose ?

DeadCatBounce

Found a relatively pure supplement from a local manufacturer that has the benfotiamine in a gelatine capsule with some microcrystaline cellulose. Any way to remove the cellulose ?

hierundjetzt

Found a relatively pure supplement from a local manufacturer that has the benfotiamine in a gelatine capsule with some microcrystaline cellulose. Any way to remove the cellulose ?
I myself get a cough and lung congestion if taking microcrystalline cellulose. I have no idea why they say it is a harmless substance.
I haven't yet figured out how to separate the cellulose and as such just avoid all supplements with it.

Milk Consumer

Depends on how much trouble you are willing to go through to purify it. Since it is insoluble in water you probably need an organic solvent.

It could probably be done by mixing the powder with DMSO, running though a coffee filter leaving the fillers behind as a white powder. Then mix the DMSO with water to reprecipitate the benfotiamine. The liquid can then be poured of, and the solid benfotiamine can be washed with water to remove remaining DMSO. Then dry the powder.

The question is if it is worth the time and solvents to do

Momentum

It's the benfo that is fat soluable?
People on the LDN board, will take a 50mg tablet of LDN, crush it, dissolve it in 50mls of water, and let the mcc fall to the bottom. The LDN is soluble in water so they just dose out of the water. 1ml of water = 1 mg of LDN
But if the benfo is only fat soluable - I guess this wouldn't work. Maybe it could be dissolved in a liquid fat, and the mcc would still fall to the bottom.
IDK - but I hate mcc and am having a horrible time with it. I feel like it's like being "floxed" only it's mcc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals