A Wish For More Energy

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

An undeniable realization. A high carbs: protein ratio gives a noticeable boost in my thyroid function. It also significantly raises my temps. I'm reaching 37C or more in the winter.
I'm not entirely sure if it's strictly about the ratio, or about keeping protein in check, or both, or reducing methionine & tryptophan, but it's clear that high carb style of eating gives me the best energy levels.

Perceive. Think. Act. That's what I'm doing.

This week, I've been eating about 120g of protein per day and 300-400g of carbs.
I've been reading Peat saying how the more you need to heal, the higher of a carb:protein ratio you need. And how protein uses up more thyroid hormone.
So whatever gut healing protocol or dietary intervention I will do from now on, it must abide to a high carb: protein ratio .
If plenty of carbs with each meal gives me an energy boost, and I feel tired eating higher protein/ fats, I must look into blood sugar dysregulation too as a possible cause.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Very interesting observation. I sometimes think about Broda Barnes thought on high protein intake increasing the need for thyroid hormone significantly. (in his book he said that he needed twice the amount of NDT to control hypothyroidism in himself and his patients when on an high protein diet)

So far I couldn’t find any good data on this hypothesis, but like you said „perceive, think, act“..

Truth

An undeniable realization. A high carbs: protein ratio gives a noticeable boost in my thyroid function. It also significantly raises my temps. I'm reaching 37C or more in the winter.
I'm not entirely sure if it's strictly about the ratio, or about keeping protein in check, or both, or reducing methionine & tryptophan, but it's clear that high carb style of eating gives me the best energy levels.

This week, I've been eating about 120g of protein per day and 300-400g of carbs.
I've been reading Peat saying how the more you need to heal, the higher of a carb:protein ratio you need. And how protein uses up more thyroid hormone.
So whatever gut healing protocol or dietary intervention I will do from now on, it must abide to a high carb: protein ratio .
If plenty of carbs with each meal gives me an energy boost, and I feel tired eating higher protein/ fats, I must look into blood sugar dysregulation too as a possible cause.
Excellent, in my experience it's often better to eat sweet and fatty foods, and to eat salty meat/meat when you start craving it.

Do you ever crave fish,
what sweet foods do you eat? Are you in Greece?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Do you ever crave fish,
what sweet foods do you eat? Are you in Greece?
No, I’m in Romania.
I eat some white fish every once in a while.
This fall and winter, I’ve been eating seeets. such as: Cherry or strawberry jam, stewed apples and pears

Truth

No, I’m in Romania.
I eat some white fish every once in a while.
This fall and winter, I’ve been eating seeets. such as: Cherry or strawberry jam, stewed apples and pears
You feeling great, still trying to optimize certains things?

Dr. B

Very interesting observation. I sometimes think about Broda Barnes thought on high protein intake increasing the need for thyroid hormone significantly. (in his book he said that he needed twice the amount of NDT to control hypothyroidism in himself and his patients when on an high protein diet)

So far I couldn’t find any good data on this hypothesis, but like you said „perceive, think, act“..

Wow i didnt know be said that. But Ray himself has also advised against too much protein. Is it because of the tryptophan or anti thyroid amino acids? Also if your metabolism is lower you will automatically get a lower appetite and not be able to eat as much protein.

Dr. B

Good info, where did you see Peat say that about carb protein ratio and protein using up thyroid hormone
If metabolism is lower it’s also much harder to eat or even drink a high protein diet.
What sources are you using for carbs?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

Thanks for the interesting info! Do you feel good/without symptoms @37 degrees Celsius?

Could you list your sources for carbs and protein or at least give examples?
Do you take thyroid and/or other supplements? If yes, which ones?

I will also try to up my carbs and protein, I still struggle to reach 37 degrees Celsius (I take thyroid (NDT), 100mg Pregnenolone, 10 mg DHEA and 2x 500mg of Aspirin a day.).

LucH

I had digestive issues during high-school: gastric ulcer, H. pylori, IBS. Still have chronic bloating and poor digestion.
Hi,
If you don't first address this problem, you won't be able to correct the unbalanced metabolism, and the lack of energy.
See Dr allil Overton for a protocol and why. Make a search with: thiamin and SIBO. Dr. Overton.
At first I'd try to dampen bacterial overgrowth (bloating and flatulence). + Get informed on MMC (faeces 2x a day => no stagnation).
Dr Lonsdale says: It All Comes Down to Energy 10/23
Homo sapiens survive in an essentially toxic environment, surrounded by microorganisms, potential poisons, the risk of trauma, etc. (…) Thiamine is an essential cofactor for 4 enzymes involved in the production of energy (ATP) and the synthesis of essential cellular molecules. The total body stores of thiamine are relatively small, and thiamine deficiency can develop in patients secondary to inadequate nutrition, alcohol use disorders, increased urinary excretion and acute metabolic stress.
Note: Thiamine = B1. pharmacological dose; not the Daily Average Recommended.
Afterwards I'd occupy the place (new microbiote). + nutrients for thyroid (Zn, Mg, I and Se).
Get informed on dieoff (herxheimer crisis) when healing digestion and bacterial overgrowth => How to modulate excess LPS killed.

Info on MMC:
The migrating motor complex (MMC) is an electrical and contractile activity of digestive motility which takes place in the inter-digestive periods (between two meals), and interrupted by food intake. Each MMC is accompanied by an increase in gastric, pancreatic and duodenal secretions. They are thought to serve to evacuate contents in the small intestine between meals, and also to transport bacteria from the small intestine into the colon. An alteration of this phase notably favors the development of chronic bacterial colonization of the small intestine, a source in particular of bloating, diarrhea, or even steatorrhea, of the majority of food intolerances. When contractile activity is low, we then speak of lazy intestines. Support and rehabilitation is often necessary, with a prokinetic (Resolor 0.5 mg), initially.
+ See the post of Mostlylurking on the utility of thiamine (+ B2 associated).

@mostlylurking : Thanks for explaining so well in details how you correct the situation.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

You feeling great, still trying to optimize certains things?
Far from great, just a bit better.
What is most concerning right now is my ED and libido issues.
Wow i didnt know be said that. But Ray himself has also advised against too much protein. Is it because of the tryptophan or anti thyroid amino acids? Also if your metabolism is lower you will automatically get a lower appetite and not be able to eat as much protein.
Tryptophan being anti-metabolic, low liver glycogen stores leading to stress/ cortisol response when not eating enough carbs or going long between meals

Thanks for the interesting info! Do you feel good/without symptoms @37 degrees Celsius?

Could you list your sources for carbs and protein or at least give examples?
Do you take thyroid and/or other supplements? If yes, which ones?

I will also try to up my carbs and protein, I still struggle to reach 37 degrees Celsius (I take thyroid (NDT), 100mg Pregnenolone, 10 mg DHEA and 2x 500mg of Aspirin a day.).
I've written above my carb sources.
I currently take high-dose D3 daily (7-10k IU).
I do also nibble on T3 a couple of times per day, I still got a few pills left, but I won't continue using it when I run out.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

Tryptophan being anti-metabolic, low liver glycogen stores leading to stress/ cortisol response when not eating enough carbs or going long between meals

I do also nibble on T3 a couple of times per day, I still got a few pills left, but I won't continue using it when I run out.
Dear @GreekDemiGod thanks for your reply.
Regarding libido and ED: Have you tried 500mg Aspirine (with Baking Soda, Glycine, Vitamin K2 and Vitamin C) 2 times a day (morning and afternoon, Aspirine later than afternoon gives me Insomnia)? Aspirine seems to help me with libido big time. Also increasing rate of morning wood and random very hard boners. Sorry, if TMI.

TUDCA also seems to help me with libido. Maybe the anti estrogenic properties/liver cleaning properties of Aspirine and TUDCA help with aromatisation.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

How much T3 do you take?
Is it easy to buy synthetic T3/cynomel in Romania? Where do you buy it? Thanks!

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

High-carb, limited fats and protein = Higher physical energy, higher metabolism, but low libido, worsened mental state and bloating
Protein and fats to satiety = lower physical energy, but higher libido and better mental state and less reduced bloating

Perhaps I just need to massively increase my calories. Protein and fats to satiety, and carbs in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio.
Protein and fats for libido, carbs for energy.
It's all a balancing act. It's clear that I have many food intolerances and need to start over from scratch, and try to find the foods I can eat that don't cause me problems.

Truth

High-carb, limited fats and protein = Higher physical energy, higher metabolism, but low libido, worsened mental state and bloating
Protein and fats to satiety = lower physical energy, but higher libido and better mental state and less reduced bloating

Perhaps I just need to massively increase my calories. Protein and fats to satiety, and carbs in a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio.
It's all a balancing act. It's clear that I have many food intolerances and need to start over from scratch, and try to find the foods I can eat that don't cause me problems.
Hi, a lower sexual desire can be Commun by eating more sweet foods, and less fat and meat/eggs/fish/cheese, as long as you feel good and it doesn't bother you, that's fine, if it does then it's better to eat more or add certain foods that increase desire a lot.

Yes, sometimes not eating enough can be a factor that reduces desire, but so can eating too much, especially if it's not nutritious enough.

Food intolerances can often be caused by the fact that you don't have enough of certain elements in your body, and so you have more negative reactions to certain foods, so if I speculate on the attributes you've listed, I'd suggest trying to eat a lot more fish, the kind you enjoy, eating red meat cooked in a well digestible way, not necessarily beef, keeping your body warm with more layers of clothing, less exposure to cold.

I know people who are potentially going to deliver some very powerful fruits to Romania, so I'll let you know if that's the case,

that you can improve/potentially totally improve anything you want to improve in a few days/weeks.

Dr. B

So protein and fats reduce bloating? Which carbs cause the bloating, maybe its more about fiber and starch and gluten, than carbs causing bloating? If its all sugar or juices for example, the bloating should be minimal. Assuming high quality not from concentrate juices, with no fillers etc.

I think on other threads people have said higher carbs increases libido. But in the bodybuilding world some people do advise that natural bodybuilders should never go under 40 grams fat a day, and should get saturated fats for hormone production.

Hi, a lower sexual desire can be Commun by eating more sweet foods, and less fat and meat/eggs/fish/cheese, as long as you feel good and it doesn't bother you, that's fine, if it does then it's better to eat more or add certain foods that increase desire a lot.

Yes, sometimes not eating enough can be a factor that reduces desire, but so can eating too much, especially if it's not nutritious enough.

Food intolerances can often be caused by the fact that you don't have enough of certain elements in your body, and so you have more negative reactions to certain foods, so if I speculate on the attributes you've listed, I'd suggest trying to eat a lot more fish, the kind you enjoy, eating red meat cooked in a well digestible way, not necessarily beef, keeping your body warm with more layers of clothing, less exposure to cold.

I know people who are potentially going to deliver some very powerful fruits to Romania, so I'll let you know if that's the case,

that you can improve/potentially totally improve anything you want to improve in a few days/weeks.

Can you clarify did you say a lower desire can be fixed with sweet foods Or caused by sweet foods? You mentioned “commun”

Truth

@Dr. B Hi, Yes I can clarify, it can be common to experience a decrease in sexual desire by consuming more sweet foods and less meat/fish/eggs/cheeses

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals