A Cry For Help: Uncontrollable Fat Gain. Something Is FUNDAMENTALLY Wrong :(

CLASH

There are a lot of studies showing leaky gut induced by an introduction of a pathogenic bacteria to the microbiome. Also IGA, Host defense peptides, and pretty much every other antimicrobial defense protein has been shown to reduce intestinal permeability. I would say that mucosal immunity is the most important factor in leaky gut.

I agree with you on your assessment of this. Increase immune function and then use specific anti-microbials.
Colostrum, thymus extract, nutrient support (vit D from sun, vit A from food, vit K from food, vit C from food etc.), solid diet would all be helpful for increasing immunity.

Regularly drinking green tea (only high quality) is a good way to both stimulate weight loss as well as modulate the microbiome. There is an incredible amount of research showing green tea leads to very significant fat loss as well as lowering lps (endotoxins).

Green tea can often be high in flouride, as it accumulates it. This can negatively impact thyroid function. Fruit juices, whole fruit, coffee, chocolate, herbs, spices, specific safe vegetables, all have these plant compounds. There are studies for many of these foods protecting against lps, and modulating the microbiome. These plant compounds (polyphenols, flavonoids, alkyloids, etc.) are antibiotic to many pathogens, while semi-neutral/ bacteriostatic to the the supposed neutral species. Only certain bacteria seem to be able to use these compounds as a fuel source and they often convert them to other interesting compounds. We absorb a fraction of many of these compounds directly, instead they go to the large intestine and are fermented by specific species.

Diokine

What's your sleep like? What kinds of light are you exposed to? What kind of environment are you living in? Animals getting ready to hibernate tend to stack adipose, and there may be clues in the biological pathways.

Constatine

Green tea can often be high in flouride, as it accumulates it. This can negatively impact thyroid function. Fruit juices, whole fruit, coffee, chocolate, herbs, spices, specific safe vegetables, all have these plant compounds. There are studies for many of these foods protecting against lps, and modulating the microbiome. These plant compounds (polyphenols, flavonoids, alkyloids, etc.) are antibiotic to many pathogens, while semi-neutral/ bacteriostatic to the the supposed neutral species. Only certain bacteria seem to be able to use these compounds as a fuel source and they often convert them to other interesting compounds. We absorb a fraction of many of these compounds directly, instead they go to the large intestine
High quality and specifically young green tea contains much less fluoride than poor quality or more mature varieties. The common brand teas can make anyone sick.
The composition of our microbiome is partially what is responsible for individualistic reactions to different substances. There are actually a decent amount of studies that have concluded a studied substances effect on people to be microbiome dependent. For as you say it's the bacteria in our digestive tract that is largely responsible for utilizing and processing ingested compounds.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Vinny,
How many pounds of fluid are entering your body every day?
How many pounds of fluid are you peeing out every day?

Do you pee like a fire hose or dribble like an old man (like me)?

Weigh the input and output? The only way extra weight gets into your body is if you put it in there and don't excrete it out.

Back in the pboy days, he was the voice of controlling fluid input. You might look back at his posts.
I more likely pee like a hose....
What weighing the input and output would show?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

What's your sleep like? What kinds of light are you exposed to? What kind of environment are you living in? Animals getting ready to hibernate tend to stack adipose, and there may be clues in the biological pathways.
Sleep has been always bad, especially right now. Circadians completely screwed (many years shift job, nothing can be done about this atm

The lights Am exposed to indoors, I guess are bad. Trying to spend as long as I can outside.

Didn't understand the last part.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

High quality and specifically young green tea
I suppose you're not talking about the tea in bags that we get from the shelfs in the supermarket, right?

Never liked tea very much, but might give it a go. However, recognizing a good brand and its freshness, needs probably quite an experience, yes? I think this would be a challenge in the place I live.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Quick update

Did 1 night and 2 days dry fast (could easily extend it, but broke it by a stressful event (financial loss)). Dropped 1.7 kg ... (fat, not water). Amazing ....
But, is this a light in the tunnel? IDK, but very soon will try another one, and we'll see how it,s going!

S-VV

So, after my recent nervous breakdown due to realization, that, just in one year time, I went from thin to morbidly obese, tried to calm down and come up with some conclusions, as well as possible strategy what to do.

(new tests not available atm)

In a way, I should consider myself lucky. It happened at a quite late age in my life - 46-47. Went to the Mall today, and saw 6 years old kids, like me, or even worse. It`s a disaster ....

However, something has to be done. Obviously, I can`t go on like this. And, I`m not buying the theory, that this is a kind of protective mechanism, that being fat is good in some ways and has some benefits. Protecting from what? From not falling on your butt ....? Nope. Piling up adipose tissue with the speed of light, can be only a consequence of a serious pathological disorder, that should be addressed and resolved as quick as possible. If not solved, you end up ..... you know where.

Last days, I`d been trying to refresh my memory, what happened about a year ago ....
Back then, I was a thin and handsome Low Carb High Fat boy. I had probably the best body composition in my life, but .... feeling like thrash. Ultra fatigued. And cold .... ice cold .... To feel so cold in Cyprus sounds ridiculous, but I was successful in it somehow.
Somebody asked, why I started peating. Well, I did, because I thought I was hypothyroid (no proper tests done). And, one of the ways to fix it, according the information in the forum, I was supposed to eat .... sugar (by sugar I mean here carbs and table/fruit sugar too).
So, I broke lose on sugar and introduced it into my diet. My first treat were Kitkat bars .... Don`t know if it influenced my thyroid positively, or any other organ, system or state, but eventually, I started to put fat....
Since I can`t relate my condition neither to cortisol, neither to excess calorie intake, the most possible culprit is carbs.
But why, since there are so many studies showing that carbs can`t make you fat, they have such a gross impact on me? Well, because I am obviously not metabolizing them. For what reason? My best guess, there is something preventing me from, and it`s bacteria/microbes/endotoxin - call it how you like.

There is absolutely no doubt left, that I`ve got some bugs, and probably, for a very long time. Acne, jock itch, abdominal pain and discomfort are the most noticeable bad effects from it, may be also that`s why my sleep is ruined and I`m so fatigued .... I can not prove it, sadly, with tests and/or scientific studies, that microbes mix up my glucose oxidation, but I`ve got no better fitting explanation atm.

Don`t know what would happen if I get rid of the critters; not sure if possible in my case at all, but I`m very willing to try. I want them out of my system. Kill them all. Gone forever.

Guess I`ll open another, antimicrobial thread, next. Now, I`ll concentrate on my diet.
Sugar is gone. I mean, added table sugar. And, since I need some glucose anyway, will rely on fruits, some chocolate and some energy drink here and there. Fortunately, we`ve got good, ripe fruits in the island.
Starch is gone too, with exceptions when I have a craving for it.
Milk/dairy ..... Since my early childhood, I`ve always found milk absolutely disgusting (talking about cow`s milk). Can stand it only with coffee/cacao etc. Its smell alone makes me gag.
I lke some cheeses thou. But, considering that cheese is made of this appalling white fluid, should I really have to consume it?
As it`s a fact, that I`ve got some bacteria, here is another one: since cutting out milk/dairy, I`m hemorrhoids free.
Ok, I cut also alcohol, hot, irritating substances too, so may be those contributed as well.... May be I`ll try again some hard cheese again and see what happens.... I`m quite sure we`re not supposed to eat dairy at all, but some nations, like French, Dutch and Swiss thrive on it, and I still`ve got no idea how do they manage so well. Envy....
Obviously, meat`s going to be my staple food for awhile (I have to eat something anyway, right?). Meat is a macro that I like and digest very well. Beef chunks mainly, as well as some pork, lamb, shrimps, liver once in a blue moon. I like beef liver`s taste, but its quality here is very questionable, unfortunately. We`ve got lamb`s/goat liver in the butchery, which is awesome, but one is obliged to buy the whole internals, except the liver itself, so you end up with a lot of fatty chunks that you don`t know what to do with, so it`s a kind a put off to buy lamb`s liver....
Forgot to mention in the first post, that I eat the mushrooms. I buy sliced, in cans, throw the water, blend them to puree and boil them for long with the meat.
Several people mentioned that I`m low in calcium, so already taking egg shell powder. Some of the yolks I mix in my stew.
Had forgotten about the leafy greens. Already going high on them too. Thanks for pointing this out. Very, very good addition. Absolutely love them!
No carrot. Tried it a few times, but too hard on my digestive tract. Couldn`t notice any benefits also.
Cyprus`got immense production of oranges and other citruses. They literally rot on the ground. Ironically, never liked nor oranges, nor whatever citrus. It seems, I`m the worst peater ever, lol
Fat is going to be from what`s in the meat, plus some chocolate and coconut oil. Never noticed whatever benefit from consuming coconut oil, but since it`s expected to be antiinflamatory/antimicrobial, will add some.
Supplements, drugs, exercises and other therapies, will be in another post. Will mention now only the PUFA depletion:

@yerrag
No, I haven`t done 4 year PUFA depletion. I found out what`s pufa only recently. However, since arriving in Cyprus 11 years ago, my pufa intake naturally went low, switching to olive oil and saturated fats. Far from 4 grams a day, of course, but still, much less, comparing with the past intake. You think, that PUFA is what`s causing insulin resistance? Very possible, but you know, there are lots of people around ingesting bad vegetable oils, but maintaining somehow a pretty good health, correct? But, hold on here! I`m not questioning the necessity of PUFA purge - it is a must and I`m going for it. The point now is different - that, I must, one way or another, reach to the 4 year mark, alive and relatively sane - you understand me? I mean, what would full pufa depletion give me, if I`m, at that time, 300 pounds, diabetic and who knows in what mental state?

Anyway, let`s sum up:
I`m increasingly getting fatter because can`t metabolize sugar.
Can`t metabolize it, because bacteria/microbes/endotoxin, or whatever freakish name it has, is preventing me from doing so.
The logical assumption would be, that clearing the endotoxin would supposedly lead to restoring the glucose oxidation and, subsequently, burn the fat down (and save my life, in a way). This is the best guess I`m able to come up atm.

Thanks for reading this and feel free to show me the flaws you see.

Edit:
@noodle
Can`t find my old tests. They`re somewhere on my comp, but don`t remember which file .... Will post as soon as they appear.

Your gonna make it. Wanna know why? Your internal guidance system activated.

MinutemanIIIGuidanceSystemB.jpg

By challenging one of the dogmas in this forum ("sugar is good"), you are staring to give your mind more degrees of freedom.

Diokine

Light Modulates Leptin and Ghrelin in Sleep-Restricted Adults

Hormonal appetite control is altered by shift work: a preliminary study

Dissociation of leptin secretion and adiposity during prehibernatory fattening in little brown bats

I think the image that's coming through is that through improper light exposure and sleep patterns, sensitivity to the hormone leptin is greatly reduced which acts at the hypothalamus to decrease food satiety and to decrease sympathetic nervous tone which encourages fat accumulation in a manner similar to animals preparing for hibernation.

mbachiu

I agree with @Blossom. I also gained quite a bit of weight recently, & instead of it improving my health, such as people like Gwyneth Olwyn would have us believe, it did the opposite. I think when in this situation, it’s important to look at some strategies that you feel you can accomplish that help you get closer to your goal.

A few questions: do you eat the carrot salad, or cooked mushrooms every day?
-have you experimented with cascara?
-what is your sleep quality like?
-are there any movements that you enjoy that you feel like you could engage in a few times a day (walking, Kettlebell movements, push ups)?
-have you experimented with thyroid? Do you have access to thyroid, if your doctor won’t prescribe?
-what is your calcium: phosphorus ratio?
-do you track your food using cronometer? Are you eating more carbs than protein & more protein than fat? These are simple guidelines to follow with nutrition choices that you enjoy

These are all some places to begin. I would tackle one of these a week, & by the end of six weeks, you should start to see some improvements.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

I agree with @Blossom. I also gained quite a bit of weight recently, & instead of it improving my health, such as people like Gwyneth Olwyn would have us believe, it did the opposite. I think when in this situation, it’s important to look at some strategies that you feel you can accomplish that help you get closer to your goal.

A few questions: do you eat the carrot salad, or cooked mushrooms every day?
-have you experimented with cascara?
-what is your sleep quality like?
-are there any movements that you enjoy that you feel like you could engage in a few times a day (walking, Kettlebell movements, push ups)?
-have you experimented with thyroid? Do you have access to thyroid, if your doctor won’t prescribe?
-what is your calcium: phosphorus ratio?
-do you track your food using cronometer? Are you eating more carbs than protein & more protein than fat? These are simple guidelines to follow with nutrition choices that you enjoy

These are all some places to begin. I would tackle one of these a week, & by the end of six weeks, you should start to see some improvements.
Hi, thanks for chiming in.

Cascara - never. Not sure what it does and do I need it.
Tried some Levotyroxin, Dessicated thyroid and T3. None of them made any difference.
Not tracking food. I already described my diet. Probably carbs equal protein, or less; not more for sure. Protein is more than fat.
Other question already answered in different posts.

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Your gonna make it. Wanna know why? Your internal guidance system activated.

MinutemanIIIGuidanceSystemB.jpg

By challenging one of the dogmas in this forum ("sugar is good"), you are staring to give your mind more degrees of freedom.
Thanks man

mbachiu

Hi, thanks for chiming in.

Cascara - never. Not sure what it does and do I need it.
Tried some Levotyroxin, Dessicated thyroid and T3. None of them made any difference.
Not tracking food. I already described my diet. Probably carbs equal protein, or less; not more for sure. Protein is more than fat.
Other question already answered in different posts.
Okay. If you’re not tracking your food, that’s where you need to start. Sorry if it came across as not reading enough of your posts. That was not my intention. You have given a lot of information but it’s a bit disorganized & so I’m finding it difficult to follow everything. I do think there are some basic & very fundamental things you could try that would help you feel better.

Constatine

I suppose you're not talking about the tea in bags that we get from the shelfs in the supermarket, right?

Never liked tea very much, but might give it a go. However, recognizing a good brand and its freshness, needs probably quite an experience, yes? I think this would be a challenge in the place I live.
Yeah most supermarket teas are quite poor quality. Shopping online is a good option if you decide to try it. I'd recommend loose leaf teas.

tara

haven't measured it precisely
Could be worth tracking diet for a few days with cronometer to see what you are getting.
Are you eating like that because it's what your appetite asks for?
Personally, I feel better with less refined sugar, fruit juice, dried fruit, and more root veges and other veges.

The shitt started about a 5 years ago, when I decided to become a superhuman, and went keto.
How long did you do that for?

What were you eating a year ago before switching to 'Peat-inspired' eating?

Last time I got serious about eating enough, it took well over a year before my weight plateaued and then started to reduce (there were other factors probably affecting it too, in addition to diet). Not a lot of congratulations along the way.
especially that I currently take no calcium
How much calcium are you getting? If you track what you eat using cronometer for a few days, you can get an estimate. And other micros. I supplement calcium in the absence of milk.

tara

She's in her mid twenties, and also lives in New Zealand. It's possible more saturated oils are generally used for cooking there.
I don't know what her chips were fried in, but I gather quite a few places there sell fish and chips cooked in animal fats. I guess the seed oil fashion has not got strong enough to completely overwhelm the practicalities of animal fats being more stable and suitable for the job.

I assume she isn't eating (and retaining) 7000 + calories every day. Eating double one day and less the next might work fine if she has trained and adapted to it with good metabolism, gut transit and function, and glycogen storage etc.

Potatoes, animal fat, milk ... one could do a lot worse.

I can imagine that with frequent large bolus, fast transit could mean not all the nourishment is extracted and absorbed.

Also, according to Olwyn's writing, humans have mechanisms to manage getting more fuel than we need - more easily than it does for handling deficit. I expect too much restriction can dysregulate those mechanisms. So an active young woman who's never fallen prey to dieting culture could well have quite a capacity. Hope she can retain it - she may be off to a more robust start than many of us.

(Not to say that all of us could do as she does.)

tara

I also gained quite a bit of weight recently, & instead of it improving my health, such as people like Gwyneth Olwyn would have us believe, it did the opposite.
Out of curiosity, if you want to answer, did you follow through HDRM as she advises? How long for? What did she say that you feel has not turned out for you?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

You mentioned a lot of testing on your opening post.
Do you mind posting those results? Even the hair testing results. Might be interesting to look at.
Here you are:

Attachments

• TESTS, COPY.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • HAIR MINERAL TESTS, COPY.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
Vinny

Vinny

Tests uploaded

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals