Had An Amazing Sleep, But Woke Up Groggy - What Is Still Wrong?

Vinny

Hi,

According my sleep tracker, last night sleep was PERFECT. And, it felt so. I`m almost 47 yo, and for all this years, can count the times I had slept so well on the fingers of one hand... It was shocking! Eight hours! Went to pee only once! Didn`t snore almost at all! Morning wood! ....... Unbelievable!
However, going out of bed in the morning was the same torture as always. Went to bed with 36.8 C and 75 pulse, woke up with 36.0 and 60.... :arghh:
Barely dragged my feet to the kitchen.... Felt human again only in the afternoon, after a lot of food, aspirin, coffee and sun exposure :vomit:
So... what`s still wrong?
My only clue: I strongly suspect I`ve got a fatty liver (or something else wrong with the liver, which tests hadn`t been able to catch so far) which prevents it from giving enough glucose during the whole night. It seems to me a poor suggestion, that`s why I`d hear your thoughts, if you have any. Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-07-10-32-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-07-10-32-41.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 19

Hans

Forum Supporter
Blunted cortisol response in the morning or cortisol receptor downregulation.

Have you had any tests done for cortisol or other adrenal hormones?

Cirion

Yes, this has been my struggle as well. This is why tracking waking up temperature and pulse I find is more exposing of a poor metabolism than what you achieved in the daytime. I am getting close, but still have some off days, but I can almost always wake up at least 98-98.3F temps now.

What tends to ruin my waking temps / pulses the next day

-- Not enough carbs
-- Not enough calories
-- Too much protein (Especially tryptophan, histidine, methionine, cysteine)
-- Too much fat (especially pufa)
-- Running out of fuel in the middle of the night (Dry mouth is a great indicator. Dry mouth means you are mouth breathing, which occurs when you run out of fuel / CO2/ glycogen).
-- Too much starch

OP
Vinny

Vinny

Blunted cortisol response in the morning or cortisol receptor downregulation.
Could be. Thanks

Have you had any tests done for cortisol or other adrenal hormones?
For cortisol yes, but several years ago, it was normal.
Which test/s would you recommend?

OP
Vinny

Vinny

-- Not enough carbs
-- Not enough calories
-- Too much protein (Especially tryptophan, histidine, methionine, cysteine)
-- Too much fat (especially pufa)
-- Running out of fuel in the middle of the night (Dry mouth is a great indicator. Dry mouth means you are mouth breathing, which occurs when you run out of fuel / CO2/ glycogen).
-- Too much starch
I`m working slowly at any aspect

Hans

Forum Supporter
Could be. Thanks

For cortisol yes, but several years ago, it was normal.
Which test/s would you recommend?
Well there are downsides to almost all the types of cortisol tests, but the saliva free cortisol test could give you a good idea of your cortisol levels throughout the day. The first measure is best taken at about 30-45min after waking and the last measure before bed. That should show you the cortisol awakening response as well as the diurnal cortisol rythym.

The 24h urinary free cortisol test can also work.

For androgens, DHEA-S would be best.

Cirion

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals