Got A Body Analyser, Don`t Understand The Data Received

Vinny

Hi,

It`s a measuring scale with two electrodes on the top surface.

It shows first the weight - 83 kg in my case.
Then comes the BMI, or the fat ratio. I`ve got 31, which is obese, which I already new.
The next measure must be the water percentage, according the manual. In my case - 55.6%, and the number is accompanied with the abbreviation TBW, which I don`t know what it stands for.
Then comes the muscle mass - 41.2%
Then the bone mass - 11.5%
At the end, calorie requirement - 2330 in my case (I don`t care about that now)

So, where I`m getting confused is, the summary of 55,6 + 41.2 + 11.5 = 108.3%
How can I be more than 100%? I mean, I`ve always known that I`m more than I appear, lol, but still, what`s the trick here or this cheap scale is just a c*ap?

Finally, if the numbers are correct, how do they look to you?
Thanks

Vinny

Bump

@Runenight201 you are a fitness trainer if I remember well, so you must understand these things, if you don,t mind bro...

MigFon

All tissue have some amount of water. Muscle, bone, fat...

Perhaps 55.6% stands for a percentage of your body weight and part of that water will be stored in the aforementioned tissues, in such a way that the percentages of muscle mass and/or bone already include some of the water contained in it.

Or perhaps the device gives a loose estimation and it is not very precise...

Vinny

All tissue have some amount of water. Muscle, bone, fat...

Perhaps 55.6% stands for a percentage of your body weight and part of that water will be stored in the aforementioned tissues, in such a way that the percentages of muscle mass and/or bone already include some of the water contained in it.

Or perhaps the device gives a loose estimation and it is not very precise...
Thank you, makes sense

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K What Does It Mean When Your Body Feels Like It Got Hit By A Car After Low Carb For 2 Days? Ask For Help or Advice 3
T Help! Face got somewhat swollen after stopping zinc citrate 30 mg daily! Ask For Help or Advice 6
Philomath Daughter went Rogue & got vaxed - what to do? Vaccines 23
M My symptoms got so much worse since adding Liver, Oysters and Cacao! What could I do? Ask For Help or Advice 32
T I got advice from herbalist James Sloane for physical anxiety caused by benzos what do you guys think? Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Anybody here got real sick from covid? Ask For Help or Advice 45
T I inhaled chimney smoke from the boiler outside, now I got physical anxiety hours later Ask For Help or Advice 1
bzmazu America just got played? Rant or Rave 2
Drareg Wokism is profitable, Ilhan Omar’s husband ‘got $635k in Covid bailout Miscellaneous 12
T Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help Male Issues 38
koreus Just Got My Liver Enzymes Checked And They Are Elevated Blood Work, Labs 19
T Well I Got Some Good News And Something To Work With Now Male Issues 23
N Girlfriend And I Took LSD And She Got Terrible Stomach Aches - Serotonin/dopamine? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 16
Frankdee20 Just Got Fertomid 25 MG (Clomiphene) Ask For Help or Advice 5
Razvan Got Hyperthyroid Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans I Got 99 Problems, But The Estrogen In Milk Ain’t One Articles & Scientific Studies 20
D Is It Possible For Gynecomastia Go Away IF You Got It After Puberty? Male Issues 20
ursidae Just Got A Tetanus Shot (had To) Ask For Help or Advice 31
C Have I Got SIBO? Digestion, Gut Flora 7
GelatinGoblin I've Got A Few KG Of Turkey Neck -- How Many Hours To Simmer For A Good Gelatinous Broth? Broth, Stocks 3
ImprovingDaily Anyone Got A Source Of Edible Hydrogenated Oils In The U.S Ask For Help or Advice 9
L Dropped Eggs And Got Leaner! Diet 48
ecstatichamster A Friend Got Flu Shot And Came Down With Covid-19 Type Sick Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 3
L Got An "Extreme Emergency: STAY HOME" Text Yesterday; Today I See Jets Spraying A Thick White Thing Breaking News 69
_lppaiva Got Cascara Sagrada In It's Most "natural" Form. Now What Do I Do? Cascara Sagrada 0
jzeno Reviewing Amazon Purchases--In 2018 I Spent $1.8k In Supplements. In 2019 I Got That Down To ~$75 The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 1
Inaut I Think I Got Food Poisoning Ask For Help or Advice 19
S I Have A Friend That Just Got Diagnosed With Bile Duct Cancer,any Suggestions On Treatments Or Clini Ask For Help or Advice 16
Hans How I Got Myself To Tolerate Starches Better Starches, Fiber, Legumes 70
H Hormonal Blood Tests I Got For Depression Blood Work, Labs 14
G My Face Got Thinner A Lot Overnight Skin 4
Vinny I`ve Got The Flu And Need Some Ideas Ask For Help or Advice 28
Sajid Got Wider Jaw From Vitamin K2 ? Ask For Help or Advice 13
M Somebody Here Ever Got Rid Of Histamine Intolerance? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 42
D Got My Hormones Tested Male Issues 1
KnowledgeSeeker How I Got Invincible To Sunburns And Why PUFA Isn't The Most Important Factor In My Opinion Health 8
S Who Got Benefits From Thiamine? I Have A Question Metabolism 27
L Got Prescribed Ciprofloxacin Today, What To Do? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 49
m_arch Gbolduev's Big Post That Got Him Banned The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 333
AMfi Recently Got Some Thyroid Problems And Low Vitamin D Meet & Greet 3
Nestito Got That Blood Work, Would Appreciate Interpretations! Blood Work, Labs 12
Amazigh Help. I Got NO Sleep Last Night, Going To Job Interview Insomnia, Sleep Issues 31
Westside PUFAs The "my Health Guru/person Who Eats Like Me" Got Cancer Paradox The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
R What Do You Guys Think Of My Lab Results? Got Some Pretty Weird Symptoms Blood Work, Labs 20
Mr Rossi High Cholesterol - High Triglycerides - High Liver Got/gpt - High Ldh - High Leukocytes Blood Work, Labs 17
bornamachine Got Really Sick From Bone Broth Broth, Stocks 6
M Got hit on head, thinking of getting MRI scan Ask For Help or Advice 16
F Finally got some bloodwork! Main problems are bloating, bad digestion, weight gain, glycogen storage FredSonoma 7
S Peat Got The Fats Quite Wrong Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 88
milk_lover I ate mussels three days in a raw and I got hypothyroid! Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 12