Where Are The Before And Afters In This , Peat World"?

OP
Dino D

Dino D

have you looked at this thread ? Becoming A Man With Peat And Haidut
just one story... and the before and after is not that much... there is a lot of subjective euphoria... i have aslo ha 3 transformations that look better ;) i have photos from 2... the first is 2012, another is 2015... and i never put in true work and discipline... not in the training and moving part... food was ok... and no PEAT priciples there...

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 162
  • 13072253_10207581104300308_628122190_o.jpg
    13072253_10207581104300308_628122190_o.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 13518297_10207990983827040_1831460979_o.jpg
    13518297_10207990983827040_1831460979_o.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 153
OP
Dino D

Dino D

If you throw out the OJ and Milk diet garbage, and the lots and lots of sugar garbage, and just LEAN a little in Peat's direction, you'll do alright. The problem was with the set up. Cells don't age unless these factors...get rid of the factors...no aging! Didn't really work like that.

Peat shrines in outlining things that are stressful and to avoid. He doesn't do so great in his proactive suggestions which is actually the case for most naturopathic suggestions. It is far more powerful to remove something bad then add something good.
I agree...
Still, living otuside, moving alot, and doing sports or some hard training always is good for me... i think we are forgeting how it is bad to sit on a pc and eat, and how it is good to move in nature... i dont think training fasted 7x a weak for 5 hours is good... but moving outside every day with 3-4 god training sesions for an hour or two will make 95% people feel better... and just a switch of not eating garbage and dont having an super intense stresfull personal and emotional life... this forum is in that context to much about food and sups, and theories... no one talks that you should move and train, and training hard is a SIN, thats why all of my sporty friends are sick (NOT!)

Tarmander

I agree...
Still, living otuside, moving alot, and doing sports or some hard training always is good for me... i think we are forgeting how it is bad to sit on a pc and eat, and how it is good to move in nature... i dont think training fasted 7x a weak for 5 hours is good... but moving outside every day with 3-4 god training sesions for an hour or two will make 95% people feel better... and just a switch of not eating garbage and dont having an super intense stresfull personal and emotional life... this forum is in that context to much about food and sups, and theories... no one talks that you should move and train, and training hard is a SIN, thats why all of my sporty friends are sick (NOT!)

People have been talking about getting into nature, gentle movement, and avoiding sitting in front of a computer for years here. I think your generalization is off.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Agr
People have been talking about getting into nature, gentle movement, and avoiding sitting in front of a computer for years here. I think your generalization is off.
Agree, its a rant, i went a bit off :)

Cirion

nice theory... makes seanse... does it work... you got fat, stayed the same, maybe you even live on this forum (this is bad)... if you trully feel better this is also something and I'm happy 4 you (its not all about weight loss) but we still dont know whats happenig with you and where all of this (your story) will go... so your nice talk, isnt a proved method, or a prove 4 its self...
i like you, so dont take this in a bad way...

I didn't start following this strategy until very recently long after my weight gain. It's difficult to achieve 98.6F temp and 85 bpm pulse every morning. I haven't accomplished it yet every day, it's probably a lot easier to do if you can just relax on a beach with no 9-5 job. But, all I know is that the days I can accomplish it, are usually my better days where I feel better, have weight loss, better moods/libido/motivation/etc, and it's this knowledge that motivates me that this is the correct approach in the long run.

It is far more powerful to remove something bad then add something good.

This is often true yes. My diet is extremely simple now as I optimize and determine which foods help me and which don't. I'm almost down to the Kempner rice and fruit diet at this point LOL. Other starches than rice bloat me, too much meat bloats me, too much fat bloats me, dairy bloats me, too much liquid bloats me, the list of problem foods (for me) is quite long lol.

Last edited:

MatheusPN

First, very few users implement or understand the "Peat guidelines". Further, who here is rigorous with an "Peat" diet?
Most of my changes since, have been on mood and in health, "Peating" was what probably/ I suppose most changed or improved my personality; ergo a photo wouldn't prove

If you know how to penetrate well, you will get an pleasant and overwhelming ratio of delightful/ bad
For you this forum has lots of bla and little pictures. For me this forum/ peat, have information that are: effective and powerful

Jib

Nothing wrong with Milk / OJ except the super high water content, which can destroy people with a low metabolic rate. A few spoonfuls of super salty greek olives, or pickles, anything salty, and enough dates to get plenty of sugar, for example, is much better for me. If I drank the equivalent amount of OJ, even buffered with baking soda, so I got the same intake of sugar and salt but with all that extra water, I would be MESSED UP.

I know because I've done this dozens of times. I no longer do it. Peeing clear and peeing frequently is a definite sign you're taking in too much liquid, especially if your temps are low and you don't feel like you have much energy.

For low waking temps, the solution is concentrated foods rich in micronutrients as well as sodium and sugar.
Fresh, whole fruit is my first choice, and as far as sodium rich foods go, the sky's the limit. This is probably where people go haywire with meat, as meat is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of salty food that doesn't come in a bag. Bacon, sausage, etc., things that are traditionally heavily salted at restaurants. My take is that the salt is a huge reason people like these foods so much; their bodies are craving sodium and know they will get it from these foods.

Most of the time I think I'm lacking in sodium more than sugar. Sodium really grounds me and brings me back to earth, away from that sluggish/floaty/spaced out feeling. Combined with plenty of sugar from fruit is even better. Until I figure a better solution out or get back to fermenting my own vegetables I've been going after these pickles and Greek olives today, having them alongside oranges/bananas/dates, and I feel better than I've felt all week. It's the sodium content. I've known this for years but for some reason fell off the wagon and only recently remembered how important it is.

Anyway: it's all about energy. I've given up on weight loss. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. I agree with Cirion that waking temps/pulse is the only real metric we can use for metabolic health with any degree of accuracy. And again, the solution for low temps is concentrated foods rich in metabolically stimulating nutrients.

I've been taking Vitamin E, Aspirin, DHEA and Pregnenolone all together lately, at the same time. It has quite a powerful calming effect. While eating a diet as empty of PUFA as possible, this probably goes a long way in mitigating the damage done as stored PUFA are oxidized and the fat stores slowly change over to primarily saturated fats. I imagine this can take quite a while, especially for people with a lot of body fat. 100% avoiding nuts, seeds, and nut/seed/commercial vegetable oils will go a very long way for most people in depleting PUFA.

Digestive enzymes help me tremendously. Specifically in getting rid of my chronic reflux and diarrhea issues, as well as general bloat and GI upset. For me they've been a miracle. I also enjoy and tolerate many fruits that are perhaps not "Peaty" but this is where we need to draw the line. Don't get lost and miss the bigger picture. If you're avoiding PUFA and getting a lot of sugar from fruits, and are getting plenty of sodium and balanced amino acid intake, you're in Peat Land.

Many people think they must drink milk and OJ or they're not following a Peat style diet, which is ridiculous. There is a LOT of liberty to choose foods that work for you that Peat doesn't necessarily recommend, and still be following the basic ideology he's put forth, which is all about cellular respiration and high metabolic rate, with minimal inflammation, which impairs cellular respiration and metabolism. Any substances that promote such a state are "Peat-friendly" and that includes a LOT of substances. One of the exciting things is how the community can evolve and expand on Peat's ideas; I don't think he ever intended them to be followed like a cult or religion and it's much more in the Peat spirit to experiment and expand and be creative and personalized/individualized.

If such a state is attained without weight loss, so be it. Best we can do is focus on what we think is ideally healthy and leave the rest to nature. Though things like beer bellies are a result of inflammation and a "panic mode" in the body, so it would be hard for me to imagine that if a person's metabolism was truly revved up and their cellular respiration was optimal, with completely depleted PUFA stores, that they would still maintain a large amount of visceral fat.

My belly hasn't gone anywhere but my waking temps are still 97.3 F, which is up from my low point, 95.9 F. I am still in recovery. Again...agree with Cirion that waking temps/pulse are the best metric we have for whether our metabolism is truly humming along like a finely tuned engine or creeping along like a sloth. I would advise anyone and everyone to regularly track these numbers as they make and maintain serious changes to their diet/lifestyle.

Cirion

If you know how to penetrate well, you will get an pleasant and overwhelming ratio of delightful/ bad

Am I the only one who read this in a very dirty way? LOL:watching:

How are your temps and pulses? Losing weight is nice, but I can't say I'll be convinced of this eating strategy unless someone can produce consistent 98.6F waking temps and 85 bpm pulses most mornings on it. Neither CLASH nor anyone else has provided me temps and pulses to convince me this actually works. I agree about dairy though.

I kept getting 97.5 in the morning on my thermometer which is ones of those ones you swipe across the face so probably not the most accurate.
Then I took my wife's and son's temps and they both are great metabolically and they had even lower temps than me (I'm hypo) so I sort of gave up.

I probably need a better thermometer. Any suggestions?

I was reading mixed feedback here about the relevance of pulse.
For example, most athletes have lower pulses.
So I haven't felt compelled enough to go through the effort.

I've mainly been tracking weight, energy and quality of sleep.

Nothing wrong with Milk / OJ except the super high water content, which can destroy people with a low metabolic rate.

Do you mind expanding on how the high water can destroy someone with a low metabolic rate?

I've been going for a lot of liquids for convenience and price but
I tend to have chronic urination anyway so obviously this isn't helping.

Jib

Do you mind expanding on how the high water can destroy someone with a low metabolic rate?

I've been going for a lot of liquids for convenience and price but
I tend to have chronic urination anyway so obviously this isn't helping.

Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

"When people force themselves to drink a certain amount of water every day, even when they don't feel thirsty, they are activating complex adaptive processes unnecessarily. Thirst is the best guide to the amount of fluid needed."

I would expand water to "fluid," to include OJ and milk. They have a lot of water and in my experience can trigger the exact same adaptive processes Ray is talking about in that article.

Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

My guess is it dilutes everything in the system too much. Sugar, and then sodium and other electrolytes. All I know is I learned this years ago, and when I started only drinking when thirsty, I improved a lot. I think aldosterone may come into play if you have low sodium, and by drinking too many fluids it might be causing a constant stress on the body.

For years I was drinking water when not thirsty because I thought it was healthy. It wasn't until I stopped that habit and only drink when I'm thirsty that I started to improve.

If you want to experiment for yourself, try consuming some very salty and very sweet foods, like for example, Greek olives and Medjool dates, and compare that to how you feel vs. a comparable amount of OJ, like a tall glass of OJ with some baking soda. For me the difference is pretty extreme.

All I've had today is two small cups of coffee with cream and sugar for liquid. For food, a bunch of olives, bananas, pickles, and Medjool dates. Very concentrated sugar and sodium. I have not been thirsty at all today. Thirst, I believe, is the best indicator of when you need fluid. I agree juice is very convenient, but it can be self-defeating. For me, it's best consumed with a meal; taken alone, juice will "wash me out," usually lead to cold hands/feet, brain fog, and sluggishness/weakness.

I do much better with concentrated food sources of sugar and sodium and not drinking anything unless I feel an urge to. I've been pretty lax with this lately, but today is the first day in the past week I've remembered to do this, and cut back on the fruit juice, opting for whole and dried fruit instead, and drastically ramping up my sodium intake. And I feel much better. It's actually the first day all week I've been able to work out, and I'm not feeling tired after doing a pretty rigorous squat and deadlift routine.

For me, that might also be one reason whole oranges seem to work better for me than orange juice. Naturally you will consume less, but also less liquid. Bananas and dates are convenient and compared to juice are much lower in water content. For now I'm using pickles and olives, as they're super convenient, and high in sodium.

When thirst DOES kick in, it's probably a reasonable idea to have juice or milk instead of water, especially if you're trying to rev up your metabolism. A little baking soda in juice probably helps balance it out a bit more, as I've heard that too much potassium with too little sodium can also lead to electrolyte imbalances in sensitive people. Keeping in mind in a low metabolic state our goal is to over-saturate our body with the building blocks it needs for energy: sugar, electrolytes, and moderate amounts of protein and fat.

I know bananas and dates may not be "Peaty" but they're awesome sources of clean sugar and nutrients, and are low water compared to many other options. Pounding salt in the form of olives and pickles this morning immediately leveled me out and picked me up. In my personal experience, the worst thing you can do when your temps/pulse are low is pound OJ first thing in the morning. You want to get the electrolytes up, the concentration/density of nutrients in your body up, and water will do the opposite of that: dilute everything. Add a bunch of potassium and no sodium into the mix and it's even worse.

Don't be phobic about OJ. Just be mindful of whether you're actually thirsty or not. At the very least I think it's worth experimenting with denser, drier sources of sugar, like bananas/dates and even whole oranges/mandarin oranges, and see if you notice a difference. For me, having quite a lot of salt with fruit is mandatory or I'll feel like crap. So today it was a bunch of Greek olives and pickles. I was surprised when I had a little of each, and thought it would be enough, but my body was basically screaming at me to eat a lot more of them than I thought I would want.

Strangely enough it tasted awesome too. Most people would not think dates/bananas would pair well with greek olives and pickles, lol. And no, I'm not pregnant ;)

After today I've been reminded of how important all this is. Keep the juice, just try restricting it to when you're having solid meals, and don't drink it inbetween meals unless you're genuinely thirsty. I'm gonna continue with my banana/date/pickle/olive experiment this week and see how it goes. My urge to eat lots of meat has also been much, much lower today, maybe because my body associates meat with salt, because I always heavily season meat. Getting plenty of sodium without the extra burden of more protein than I might need is probably a good thing too.

Anyway, that's my rambling for today. If you decide to try anything new, keep us updated here! I might pop back in and update if I find after the next week or two that I'm having success with all this. I know better, but us humans can be pretty stubborn and set in our ways.

Cirion

I kept getting 97.5 in the morning on my thermometer which is ones of those ones you swipe across the face so probably not the most accurate.
Then I took my wife's and son's temps and they both are great metabolically and they had even lower temps than me (I'm hypo) so I sort of gave up.

I probably need a better thermometer. Any suggestions?

I was reading mixed feedback here about the relevance of pulse.
For example, most athletes have lower pulses.
So I haven't felt compelled enough to go through the effort.

I've mainly been tracking weight, energy and quality of sleep.

I use an oral thermometer. It seems to be a pretty good gauge of my metabolism.

The vast majority of "Athletes" are not at all healthy. They have very low pulses typically which means at rest, they have severe hypo. I know this firsthand. I used to do intense workouts had lots of stamina and strength, to the outsider they might have mistaken me as healthy but I was very far from it.

Sometimes, you can have a high pulse and low temperature. In my experience this is due to stress. So, you should measure both pulse and temp and pulse alone is not a perfect indicator of metabolism. That said, a low pulse is nearly 100% indicator of low metabolism, whereas a high pulse is not a 100% indicator of good metabolism, if that makes sense.

You absolutely should track weight, energy and sleep also and I do as well.

Waremu

Nothing wrong with Milk / OJ except the super high water content, which can destroy people with a low metabolic rate. A few spoonfuls of super salty greek olives, or pickles, anything salty, and enough dates to get plenty of sugar, for example, is much better for me. If I drank the equivalent amount of OJ, even buffered with baking soda, so I got the same intake of sugar and salt but with all that extra water, I would be MESSED UP.

I know because I've done this dozens of times. I no longer do it. Peeing clear and peeing frequently is a definite sign you're taking in too much liquid, especially if your temps are low and you don't feel like you have much energy.

For low waking temps, the solution is concentrated foods rich in micronutrients as well as sodium and sugar.
Fresh, whole fruit is my first choice, and as far as sodium rich foods go, the sky's the limit. This is probably where people go haywire with meat, as meat is the first thing that comes to people's minds when they think of salty food that doesn't come in a bag. Bacon, sausage, etc., things that are traditionally heavily salted at restaurants. My take is that the salt is a huge reason people like these foods so much; their bodies are craving sodium and know they will get it from these foods.

Most of the time I think I'm lacking in sodium more than sugar. Sodium really grounds me and brings me back to earth, away from that sluggish/floaty/spaced out feeling. Combined with plenty of sugar from fruit is even better. Until I figure a better solution out or get back to fermenting my own vegetables I've been going after these pickles and Greek olives today, having them alongside oranges/bananas/dates, and I feel better than I've felt all week. It's the sodium content. I've known this for years but for some reason fell off the wagon and only recently remembered how important it is.

Anyway: it's all about energy. I've given up on weight loss. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't it doesn't. I agree with Cirion that waking temps/pulse is the only real metric we can use for metabolic health with any degree of accuracy. And again, the solution for low temps is concentrated foods rich in metabolically stimulating nutrients.

I've been taking Vitamin E, Aspirin, DHEA and Pregnenolone all together lately, at the same time. It has quite a powerful calming effect. While eating a diet as empty of PUFA as possible, this probably goes a long way in mitigating the damage done as stored PUFA are oxidized and the fat stores slowly change over to primarily saturated fats. I imagine this can take quite a while, especially for people with a lot of body fat. 100% avoiding nuts, seeds, and nut/seed/commercial vegetable oils will go a very long way for most people in depleting PUFA.

Digestive enzymes help me tremendously. Specifically in getting rid of my chronic reflux and diarrhea issues, as well as general bloat and GI upset. For me they've been a miracle. I also enjoy and tolerate many fruits that are perhaps not "Peaty" but this is where we need to draw the line. Don't get lost and miss the bigger picture. If you're avoiding PUFA and getting a lot of sugar from fruits, and are getting plenty of sodium and balanced amino acid intake, you're in Peat Land.

Many people think they must drink milk and OJ or they're not following a Peat style diet, which is ridiculous. There is a LOT of liberty to choose foods that work for you that Peat doesn't necessarily recommend, and still be following the basic ideology he's put forth, which is all about cellular respiration and high metabolic rate, with minimal inflammation, which impairs cellular respiration and metabolism. Any substances that promote such a state are "Peat-friendly" and that includes a LOT of substances. One of the exciting things is how the community can evolve and expand on Peat's ideas; I don't think he ever intended them to be followed like a cult or religion and it's much more in the Peat spirit to experiment and expand and be creative and personalized/individualized.

If such a state is attained without weight loss, so be it. Best we can do is focus on what we think is ideally healthy and leave the rest to nature. Though things like beer bellies are a result of inflammation and a "panic mode" in the body, so it would be hard for me to imagine that if a person's metabolism was truly revved up and their cellular respiration was optimal, with completely depleted PUFA stores, that they would still maintain a large amount of visceral fat.

My belly hasn't gone anywhere but my waking temps are still 97.3 F, which is up from my low point, 95.9 F. I am still in recovery. Again...agree with Cirion that waking temps/pulse are the best metric we have for whether our metabolism is truly humming along like a finely tuned engine or creeping along like a sloth. I would advise anyone and everyone to regularly track these numbers as they make and maintain serious changes to their diet/lifestyle.

What has worked for me is not consuming liquid + liquid as a meal. That usually can make me feel colder, especially with insufficient salt added. But what I do is split my OJ up as a carb source and have it with a solid meal of meat of some kind. If I salt my meat well, I can get away with a few cups of OJ easily. And then for my milk I just use something dry/solid/condensed/syrupy, like sugar or honey, and cold coffee for added minerals and vitamins to offset the lack of nutrients from the sugar added to my milk. Works very well for me, I must say. Keeps my temp up consistently.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Other starches than rice bloat me, too much meat bloats me, too much fat bloats me, dairy bloats me, too much liquid bloats me, the list of problem foods (for me) is quite long lol.
Sounds like SIBO.

Kartoffel

This is often true yes. My diet is extremely simple now as I optimize and determine which foods help me and which don't. I'm almost down to the Kempner rice and fruit diet at this point LOL. Other starches than rice bloat me, too much meat bloats me, too much fat bloats me, dairy bloats me, too much liquid bloats me, the list of problem foods (for me) is quite long lol.

What @charlie said. You might consider getting a H2 breath test to see, if you have SIBO. Shouldn't be too hard to convince a doctor of that. Is the bloating uncomfortable/painful?

Jib

What has worked for me is not consuming liquid + liquid as a meal. That usually can make me feel colder, especially with insufficient salt added. But what I do is split my OJ up as a carb source and have it with a solid meal of meat of some kind. If I salt my meat well, I can get away with a few cups of OJ easily. And then for my milk I just use something dry/solid/condensed/syrupy, like sugar or honey, and cold coffee for added minerals and vitamins to offset the lack of nutrients from the sugar added to my milk. Works very well for me, I must say. Keeps my temp up consistently.

Very nice. This is basically what works for me. I think the worse health someone is the more sensitive they will be to minor changes. I found baking soda helped to an extent to balance OJ out, but always had best results doing what you do: restricting it mostly to mealtime with plenty of salt. Pure liquid meals are definitely problematic for a lot of people and can ironically produce the opposite of the desired results.

I learned my lesson with white sugar. I was being a bit too liberal with it and felt like absolute garbage. I'm back to using only minor amounts of white sugar, like you mentioned, and that much I can handle. But at least 95% of my sugar has to come from fruit, or I don't handle it well at all. I've never felt sick from eating a ton of fruit, but overdoing some traditional junk food like gummy bears will leave me feeling absolutely trashed.

Kartoffel

overdoing some traditional junk food like gummy bears will leave me feeling absolutely trashed.

I doubt that this has much to do with the sugar. Gummy bears are full with all sots of trash like gums, weird flavoring agents, citric acid, and other irritants. Even the gelatine in them can make people sick.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals