Before And After Pics Ray Peat 20 Days In

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

I am a 21 year old male formally 5'10 180 lbs. After 8 months on low carb High protein/Fat diet I pretty much destroyed my thyroid and lived with it for months. Bad sleep, freezing hands and feet in the morning, irritable, little libido, food intolerance.

Literally after 2 weeks on Ray peat diet I've completely changed. My body is almost freaking out. I gained like 10lbs in glycogen/water/muscle/fat. I went from 46bpm to base of 80. Now I feel manic. I am sweating and am always hot. I am burning through sugar like it's nothing. My beard is growing at a ridiculous rate.

Is this what it's suppose to feel like for a metabolism to be working at max efficiency?

How do I look in comparison to three weeks before? Healthier?

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    626.5 KB · Views: 796
  • After.png
    After.png
    588.6 KB · Views: 764

whodathunkit

I think so. I'm a woman. I definitely like your heavier pic better. It's a bit more "masculinized", if that makes sense. Not a slur on the first pic, the difference is subtle, and as you asked about in your quote, probably has to do with looking overall healthier for your sex and body type.

If you're concerned about losing muscle definition maybe tweak your exercise routine or increase activity a bit.

Looks like you're on the right track for you, so far. Stay flexible and go with what makes you feel best. Good luck! :)

Tarmander

Despite the loss of tone, you are looking much healthier in your second pic. Your first pic looks very stressed. I think its the slight increase in shoulder size. Your heart rate and metabolism should adjust, your body will take care of that as time goes on.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

What does diet look like?

Start the morning with coffee with fat free milk and sugar

Breakfast about an hour later is 5 egg whites 3 egg yolks+ Orange juice and few dates.

Lunch is some beef and milk and dates

Liver and oysters everyone couple of days

Lots of milk and orange juice+ gelatin

I'm probably over eating and will get fat, but until I get up to 195 or so you can't really tell. I am about 188 now.

Agent207

Without commenting on looks -which is highly subjective-, in the after pic your mostly the same but with more fat%. Don't know if it may be other factors to take into account; but regarding exclusively to fat adipose tissue, more is not definitely healthier. If anyone tells you otherwise he's lying to you (this doesn't include those gym freaks at 7-8%bf and so).

The only evident -not subjective- visual difference is that, you did put on fat. For more health talking we'd have to look into blood test values.. hormonal, inlulin, thyroid, adrenal, ESR, CRP... etc.

I agree with others you should also evaluate your well-being, energetic and mood state because that's paramount.

Last edited:

tara

I am sweating and am always hot. I am burning through sugar like it's nothing. My beard is growing at a ridiculous rate.
They look like probably good signs.
I don't think it's possible to assess health based on the pics.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Without commenting on looks -which is highly subjective-, in after your mostly the same but with more fat%. Don't know if it may be other factors to take in to account, but regarding exclusively to fat adipose tissue, more is not definitely healthier.

The only evident visual difference is that, you put on fat. For more health talking we'd have to look into blood test values.. hormonal, inslulin, thyroid, adrenal, ESR, CRP... etc.

Fat was indeed put on. This was over spring break where food was excessively consumed alongside excessive drinking. Now I am back at school and will cut out all fats and stick to sugar and protein to start leaning down a bit. My weight easily fluctuates.

I do not have access to testing my blood at the moment, and will have to go off stickly how I feel

EIRE24

Fat was indeed put on. This was over spring break where food was excessively consumed alongside excessive drinking. Now I am back at school and will cut out all fats and stick to sugar and protein to start leaning down a bit. My weight easily fluctuates.

I do not have access to testing my blood at the moment, and will have to go off stickly how I feel
I think you'll find you'll lean down nicely on low fat.

Agent207

As for aesthetics in my opinion, fat is not that crucial (I mean within "normal" amount... not over 20% or so). I give more value to "hardness" and proportion, like the ratio between shoulder and waist size. That ratio the higher usually the better, so you are very good in both pics, but whatch out the fat won't go out of control.

OldMan

I am a 21 year old male formally 5'10 180 lbs. After 8 months on low carb High protein/Fat diet I pretty much destroyed my thyroid and lived with it for months. Bad sleep, freezing hands and feet in the morning, irritable, little libido, food intolerance.

Literally after 2 weeks on Ray peat diet I've completely changed. My body is almost freaking out. I gained like 10lbs in glycogen/water/muscle/fat. I went from 46bpm to base of 80. Now I feel manic. I am sweating and am always hot. I am burning through sugar like it's nothing. My beard is growing at a ridiculous rate.

Is this what it's suppose to feel like for a metabolism to be working at max efficiency?

Youre a kid ...take a long view my friend.....and .lets see what youll look like at 56

managing

They look like probably good signs.

I don't think it's possible to assess health based on the pics.
I often question this. For me there are three states: Hot all the time. Cold all the time. And then there is what I prefer to stay with: When I am in a cold environment, I feel the cold. My hands are cold right now. But it is 64 degrees in the room, I am sitting, and next to a drafty window. More importantly, my cold hands are not uncomfortable and I don't feel "chilled." I think this is my preferred state from a comfort standpoint. Being hot all the time sucks (personally). I can walk around in 35 degrees outdoors with a long sleeve t-shirt and light down vest. I feel the cold, but it doesn't bother me. But I don't feel hot when its "neutral" climate.

Thoughts?

I often question this. For me there are three states: Hot all the time. Cold all the time. And then there is what I prefer to stay with: When I am in a cold environment, I feel the cold. My hands are cold right now. But it is 64 degrees in the room, I am sitting, and next to a drafty window. More importantly, my cold hands are not uncomfortable and I don't feel "chilled." I think this is my preferred state from a comfort standpoint. Being hot all the time sucks (personally). I can walk around in 35 degrees outdoors with a long sleeve t-shirt and light down vest. I feel the cold, but it doesn't bother me. But I don't feel hot when its "neutral" climate.

Thoughts?

Thermometer might help u

OldMan

its me..yes.. ill be 57 in june... my point being is dont fixate on the short term.....
i can tell u that PUFA
its me..yes.. ill be 57 in june... my point being is dont fixate on the short term.....

Are u 56? Is that u in the avatar?
Are u 56? Is that u in the avatar?
ive watched diets come and go....i was your age in 81 and i can tell you that diets back then which included margarine and lots of PUFA decimated my parents generation and made my generation (baby boomers) age too quickly..... i can tell u that Peats ideas are our last hope... follow them but dont obsess over them

Xisca

I went from 46bpm to base of 80. Now I feel manic. I am sweating and am always hot.
anything ALWAYS is not good. It needs to be adaptated to the situation, flexible.
Manic does not sound right either.
80 is fast....
Be careful, change is stressful, if change is fast!
Even changing for better is stress!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals