Should I Stay In A Non-peat Relationship

yerrag

I have fun reading this thread. I was gonna write to Abby, but there's plenty around here.

Elephanto

I think it goes beyond the obsession on PUFA but that it's also a personality mismatch. I think it's natural to feel uncomfortable when you try to center your life around health optimization and the other person likes to bake cakes often and make meals that are pretty much all high in fat (which beyond pufas, shifts away from glucose oxidation and can have a lingering weighty effect that is uncomfortable when doing physical activities). Of course that can be fixed by eating separate meals, like I know a long-married interracial couple where the man prefers to eat traditional African food and his wife makes for him and for her and the kids different meals; which you could ask her for if making meals for you is a source of joy. Such compromises shouldn't be deal-breaking and she should respect the goals you're trying to achieve, as long as the balance in what both you and her value in life remains positive. Oh and for the aging effect, it probably has more to do with stress and maybe having too much sex draining your vital energy. You can easily be celibate and eat more pufas without seeing such rapid effects if you have a low-stress personality and are in peace with the world and yourself. Saying that a love relationship is the most systemic protector there is, is mostly true when a person is in fear of being alone. The feeling of security is the main protector, and can be acquired from within. The generational lack of spirituality and faith is likely to promote this feeling of fear. Friendship and simply having thoughts of love toward others are also just as soothing for the soul.

Last edited:

Ulysses

I have fun reading this thread. I was gonna write to Abby, but there's plenty around here.
That's Miss Abigail to you, mister!

A. squamosa

why don't you just cook for her and you instead?
also you can just talk to her about it.

Last edited:

Greg says

"...Italian students who claimed they had recently fallen in love were found to have serotonin levels 40% lower than their peers." Being in love is systemically good for you.

'If a woman (or man) could see the sparks of light going forth from her fingertips when she is cooking, and the substance of light that goes into the food she handles, she would be amazed to see how much of herself she charges into the meals that she prepares for her family and friends.'

Don't waste your youth on 'the Ray Peat diet'. Have fun!

Peatful

@Gadsie

Is the issue fundermentally to do with your freedom and independence? To do what you want, when you want, your way?
I see it that way too.
At a deeper level it’s about his relationship with food; and more importantly -his relationship to himself...

blueorca

Don't break up with her. Talk to her. Tell her that you appreciate all the stuff she is doing but you need to follow your diet, it's something that you believe in and clearly works for you. Most likely she wouldn't want to follow your diet also but maybe you both should find common ground somehow. Just don't break up over food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals