Thinking About Creating A Ray Peat Nutrition App

Constatine

It would be very useful for the community to design a very specialized nutrition app. The features I am currently thinking of implementing are as follows:
* Users input what foods they have eaten today and in what quantities. The app then breaks the foods down into nutrition macros: carbs, proteins, fats (saturated, PUFA, and monounsaturated), etc and nutrition micros: amino acids, vitamins, etc. You may then see what you have consumed that day and the app will analyze the macro's and micros and provide recommendations. A user with authority (such as a moderator) may even create a recommendation for a given condition. For an example a moderator or what not can create a recommendation that cues when a user's tryptophan consumption is too high and calcium consumption too low saying "Be sure to lower tryptophan and increase calcium because bla bla bla".
* People may rate how good they feel and record other useful information like libido that is then utilized by a neural network to find what the ideal ray peat diet is like over time.
*Maybe implement some sort of hormonal tracking system though this would be difficult without everyone getting blood tests.
*Keep track of behaviors such as being outside, sun exposure, working out, etc. People would be able to provide recommendations for these.
*App will give general predictions to see if your testosterone or other androgens should be increasing or decreasing, thyroid should be increasing or decreasing, etc. These calculations will require much research however and I will try to improve the accuracy over time.
*A section where people may post Ray Peat food recipes and review them.

What other ideas do you guys have? What will be useful for a Ray Peater? What would you personally like to make your life style more convenient. Out of the box is fine. No idea is stupid. Also how user friendly should this app be? Should I give it a complex interface or do you think Peaters will appreciate a simplified interface? Also note that this app will take a while to develop as I need to do a lot of research.

raypeatclips

I personally wouldn't use this, as all of this could be done with cronometer and a pen and paper or this forum for recipes. If you want a hobby though don't be put off.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think it's a good idea that would especially appeal to people new to Peat ideas.

OP
Constatine

Constatine

I personally wouldn't use this, as all of this could be done with cronometer and a pen and paper or this forum for recipes. If you want a hobby though don't be put off.
Well that's why I'm asking you guys. The neural networking part cannot be done using a pen and paper however. What should be included that you would find helpful? It would also just be convenient as you would just say I drank a glass of milk today and it will tell you how much tryptophan, lysine, carbs, fat, etc you consumed and what this means for your health.

yeah cronometer basically covers this, i wonder if they have an api you can access to do some custom ray peat stuff?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think forum member @schultz would have some good input on your idea @Constatine. He seemed to have some good insights on the shortcomings of cronometer for peaters.

L

lollipop

I would be interested. I use MyFitnessPal instead of Cronometer because it is sooooo much easier to use:

Scan feature, most of my foods already input and verified by other people - so search mode SUPER easy AND allows me to input a recipe with an ingredient list and it automatically gives macros and micros etc.

Downside: micros are weak - not many are given.

Something that is more user friendly than Cronometer would be one I would purchase...

paymanz

i dont know about features you mentioned , but if you make an app that has a collection of his quotes , from his books , his article and with citations.classify and tag them to be easy to find infos.

maybe supplemented with references that functionalps.com (for example)

such app can be very useful for even yourself.

DaveFoster

You know what would be better? A KMUD app. An app where Ray Peat's podcasts can be listened to offline, on the go. Just a thought.

L

lollipop

You know what would be better? A KMUD app. An app where Ray Peat's podcasts can be listened to offline, on the go. Just a thought.
We already have this in a way @DaveFoster . If you use @Dan Wich feed from toxinless.com and listen on your Apple Podcast app, the episodes of your choice can be downloaded and listened offline.

DaveFoster

We already have this in a way @DaveFoster . If you use @Dan Wich feed from toxinless.com and listen on your Apple Podcast app, the episodes of your choice can be downloaded and listened offline.
Nice! Thanks for letting me know Lisa, I'll see if I can get that app on my Android.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals