What Do You Know About Succinic Acid

Spondive

I repeated my 3rd blood test that I did yesterday enzymes still within normal limits

Spondive

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel 12/26/2018
Glucose 86

Urea Nitrogen (BUN) 19
Creatinine 0.97

BUN/Creatinine Ratio 19.6
Sodium 141
Potassium 4.9
Chloride 102
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 25
Anion Gap 13
Protein, Total 7.3
Albumin 4.7
Globulin 2.7
Albumin/Globulin Ratio 1.8
Calcium 9.6
Alkaline Phosphatase 102
Alanine Aminotransferase 50 (My elevated ALT was in the range of 80-120)
Aspartate Aminotransferase 43 ( my elevated AST was in the 60-70 range)
Bilirubin, Total 0.2

GGT is usually elevated also but I didn’t get it this time

I’m actually impressed by what I think is the vitamin E succinate doing this.. I know it’s only numbers but improvement however my total testosterone is still in the tank at 129 (normal range 250-950)

tankasnowgod

Don't know if anyone saw this study (and related articles) on succinic acid and brown fat in mice-

Accumulation of succinate controls activation of adipose tissue thermogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI
Believe it or not, but your body fat could actually help you lose weight | WIRED UK
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-mice-metabolite-succinate-weight.html

Reading through a lot of things on the forum, I think it someone is trying to lose weight, the best thing to do would be to drop supplements that suppress lipolysis (like niacinamide and aspirin), and instead ensure adequate vitamin e, as this would keep the FFA in the blood saturated, and minimize any damage. Vitamin E Succinate might be particularly useful for this, as it also contains succinic acid, which could have effects on brown fat, and also helps the liver and keep ATP stores up. Succinic Acid/Amber Acid has also been sold by itself as a weight loss aid-

Amber acid for weight loss: user manual and reviews | Competently about health on iLive

Last edited:

mimmo123

In one of Rays old articles he mentions how succinic acid increases progesterone

Kray

Don't know if anyone saw this study (and related articles) on succinic acid and brown fat in mice-

Accumulation of succinate controls activation of adipose tissue thermogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI
Believe it or not, but your body fat could actually help you lose weight | WIRED UK
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-mice-metabolite-succinate-weight.html

Reading through a lot of things on the forum, I think it someone is trying to lose weight, the best thing to do would be to drop supplements that suppress lipolysis (like niacinamide and aspirin), and instead ensure adequate vitamin e, as this would keep the FFA in the blood saturated, and minimize any damage. Vitamin E Succinate might be particularly useful for this, as it also contains succinic acid, which could have effects on brown fat, and also helps the liver and keep ATP stores up. Succinic Acid/Amber Acid has also been sold by itself as a weight loss aid-

Amber acid for weight loss: user manual and reviews | Competently about health on iLive

Found this: Succinic acid: harm and good

mimmo123

theres a link on the forum here that has a download of ray peats old newsletters. he mentioned it in one of them

LadyRae

Mice given metabolite succinate found to lose weight by turning up the heat

GREAT articles, bytheway. I've been taking about 300mg of succinic acid crystals in the mornings with coffee, methylene blue, and aspirin. Gives me lots of energy, no anxiety or jitters. I go out with my dog and we'll do sprints, handstands (he watches ?) and lots of walking/skipping. Love it

Mauritio

I'm not sure but did RP talk bad about succinic acid in the latest podcast episode? during the segment they talked about citric acid .

LadyRae

I'm not sure but did RP talk bad about succinic acid in the latest podcast episode? during the segment they talked about citric acid .
I listened, but I don't remember specifically... I do know that he speaks about it in Danny's episode 9. Also I have heard him briefly bring it up throughout many different podcasts.... apparently it assist the body in creating ATP which is probably why I feel like I'm on cocaine when I take it with methylene blue and caffeine in the morning, LOL.

In my keto and fasting, high-stress days I would tale Yohimbe with coffee and go run 6 to 10 miles on an empty stomach...?

This succinic acid feels better oh, I really like it

Mauritio

He says its potentially disruptive and toxic.

That's weird i emailed him because of the anti cancer effects vitamin e succinate and he spoke favorably about it (it increasing glucuronidation).

Starts at 1:13:00

View: https://youtu.be/f06rVi8iXfI

LadyRae

That's weird i emailed him because of the anti cancer effects vitamin e succinate and he spoke favorably about it (it increasing glucuronidation).

I am going off of information that I have heard directly from Georgi and also on other Succinic acid threads here. I suppose I would agree that anything could be potentially disruptive in toxic if it was abused.

Not sure how to respond other than this, honestly...

Broken man

What I did not understand is that salsalate is found to improve beta fatty acid oxidation.

LadyRae

What I did not understand is that salsalate is found to improve beta fatty acid oxidation.
I definitely noticed an increase in heat... in fact sometimes I'm worried that I'm having an adrenaline response but I'm eating so I guess it is an uncoupling effect.

Grapelander

Alpha-tocopheryl succinate, in contrast to alpha-tocopherol and alpha-tocopheryl acetate, inhibits prostaglandin E 2 production in human lung epithelial cells.
The production of prostaglandin E 2 (PGE 2 ), a key proinflammatory mediator, is regulated by the availability of its substrate, arachidonic acid (AA), and the activity of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX). Increased PGE 2 production and COX-2 expression have been observed frequently in specimens from lung cancer patients. Agents that decrease PGE 2 production may prevent the initiation and progression of lung cancer.

Grapelander

Cytoprotective effect of tocopherols in hepatocytes cultured with polyunsaturated fatty acids
When highly unsaturated fatty acids are added to cell cultures, it can become important to include antioxidants in the culture medium to prevent cytotoxic peroxidation. To find an optimal antioxidant for this purpose, the effect of 50 microM alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol, alpha-tocopheryl acetate, alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate, or alpha-tocopheryl phosphate, or of 1 microM N,N'-diphenyl-1,4-phenylenediamine, was investigated with respect to the agent's ability to prevent lactate dehydrogenase leakage in long-term rat hepatocyte cultures supplemented with 0.5 mM highly unsaturated fatty acids. Formation of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in the cultures was also measured. alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate was found to be the most effective cytoprotective compound, followed by N,N'-diphenyl-1,4-phenylenediamine, alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol and alpha-tocopheryl acetate, and alpha-tocopheryl phosphate was without effect.

Dr. B

do you still agree with avoiding aspirin and niacinamide for losing weight?

he changed his mind on succinic acid then? it seems all the 'acid' supplements these days are toxic. citric acid, malic acid, and others... in fruits/vinegar/natural things they work fine but the acid supplements seem to be sourced from odd things.

Mauritio

do you still agree with avoiding aspirin and niacinamide for losing weight?

he changed his mind on succinic acid then? it seems all the 'acid' supplements these days are toxic. citric acid, malic acid, and others... in fruits/vinegar/natural things they work fine but the acid supplements seem to be sourced from odd things.
I don't know . He kind of seems to avoid the question. On a podcast he was asked specifically on vitamin E succinate and he just said he thinks it's more important what kind of vitamin E it is.
I also asked him about his comment on an email on VES ,but when I referred to the succinate he stopped responding.

Old Irenaeus

GREAT articles, bytheway. I've been taking about 300mg of succinic acid crystals in the mornings with coffee, methylene blue, and aspirin. Gives me lots of energy, no anxiety or jitters. I go out with my dog and we'll do sprints, handstands (he watches ?) and lots of walking/skipping. Love it
I wish you were my personal trainer and coach. How do you find the taste of the succinic acid in the coffee?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals