Nickel - Cause Of Hairloss - Chelator

Inaut

I’ve been doing some research on the type of eczema I have (dyshidrotic) and think I have narrowed down the cause of it. I think it’s nickel related.... Recently I started binging on chocolate and it coincided with my eczema and allergy reaction. I’ve also noticed more hair loss during this time. While googling I came across a few different sources stating that nickel was the cause for mpb, cancer etc. Now I know it’s far more complex than just nickel (as PUFA,lps, endotoxin etc are factors to consider). As an experiment though, I’d like to try something that chelates nickel. Any thoughts on this?
So far I’ve read about quercetin, l histidine and obviously avoiding nickel rich foods like chocolate, canned goods, beans and the like. What else can be used? Succinic acid or malic acid?

S-VV

You could use low dose EDTA or DMSA. I know people who swear by chelation therapy, and others who say that the compounds are toxic, chelate necessary micro minerals, and can actually redistributed the heavy metal load from fat stores to the nervous system.

StephanF

You could use low dose EDTA or DMSA. I know people who swear by chelation therapy, and others who say that the compounds are toxic, chelate necessary micro minerals, and can actually redistributed the heavy metal load from fat stores to the nervous system.
Be careful with EDTA, we are all exposed to mercury as well and then EDTA can backfire:

My son was exposed to nickel and had a severe allergic reaction, it was a dental stainless steel wire that his dentist put in his mouth to keep a gap from an extracted baby tooth open. I specifically asked the dentist if the wire contained nickel and he simply said 'No'. My son's tonsils deep in his throat (not the ones in the mouth) got inflamed and he had problems swallowing, we consulted TWO nose & throat doctors, they didn't have a clue. Then I became suspicious and on a check-up I asked the dentist for a sample of the wire, the container for this wire had it written all over it in different languages: 'Do not use in patients with nickel allergies'! I had the wire removed and went to a homeopathist here in Reno and gave her a sample of the wire, she put it into a glass vial, similar to the so-called 'nosodes' and she tested him, the needle of the electro-acupuncture device (Voll method) was hitting the upper limit. She used some remedies to desensitize him (German: 'ausleiten') and later we repeated that with homeopathic remedies we got in Germany.

Since then we were super careful with stainless steel, also jewelry made with stainless steel. Almost all stainless steel has nickel in it, so does stainless steel cookware. It is worse when new, by use it will 'pacify' but acidic food can leach it out. See below under 'Similar threads'! Teeth braces can contain nickel. I think nickel is also used as a catalyst in hydrogenated fats, or fractionated oils.

I once (in 2013) did a search on the web regarding chelation therapy, here is my collection attached in this document:

Attachments

• Zeta Potential, Hg & Al, Alzheimers.pdf
    215.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Inaut

I was thinking about that wire I have in my mouth the other day actually .... Thanks @StephanF :!! )

Cloudhands

i had really bad dyshidrotic eczema last year from wearing nitrile gloves at work and using an automatic hot water kettle that had stainless steal at the bottom. I also found out that patients who took iron supplements in one study were cured from the eczema. Iron chelates nickel, and seeing as i had high nickel levels I believe that i was iron deficient. I started being more punctual about eating liver 2 times a week and oysters every day and my eczema healed.

LuMonty

I was thinking about that wire I have in my mouth the other day actually .... Thanks @StephanF :!! )
Is it a "permanent retainer?" I suppose it doesn't matter what it is specifically, but I had one. Got it removed last year and doing much better. The retainer they made me was too painful to wear so my teeth shifted some, but having a normal sized tongue has been worth it.

gaze

i too have the permanent retainer. i'd go to get it removed but they'd prolly have to give me an x-ray so i've been holding off. basically super high calcium diets help, cause calcium blocks the absorption of basically all metals, like iron. i drink like 2-3 quarts of milk a day and 3 ounces of cheese, probsbly 3-3500 mg of calcium a day

Inaut

Is it a "permanent retainer?" I suppose it doesn't matter what it is specifically, but I had one. Got it removed last year and doing much better. The retainer they made me was too painful to wear so my teeth shifted some, but having a normal sized tongue has been worth it.

It is. ...

I've asked my dentist a few times about getting it removed but am told it's not a good idea.... I hate it tbh honest and after reading @StephanF's post, I should probably just get it done once and for all.

LuMonty

It is. ...

I've asked my dentist a few times about getting it removed but am told it's not a good idea.... I hate it tbh honest and after reading @StephanF's post, I should probably just get it done once and for all.
I tested as allergic to nickel so once I put it that way my orthodontist removed it if I agreed to buy the removable retainer. So for me, the small extra price was worth it.

GAF

I seem to remember that some faraday cloths have nickel fibers. Is nickel okay for exterior use?

Cloudhands

Any simple nickel chelation methods we know of? I dont wanna do any crazy things that could pose other risks

Cloudhands

This is what ray said. I think you should check out iron deficiency in association with hand eczema

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-215235_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201227-215235_Gmail.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 43

StephanF

One more thought. The late Dr. John Diamond, a naturopath in Reno, was once interviewed and he talked about the danger of stainless steel braces, that the nickel in the stainless steel can cause cancer. Once, he said, he had two (or three?) young women waiting in his practice, they all had breast cancer and braces from the same dentist! The braces were removed and the cancer went away.

Last edited:

Inaut

well.....I'm still eating cocoa and my hair loss seems to be progressing still so maybe there's something to it...............I just don't want to give up cocoa :( :(