Chelating Selenium And Chromium? Se & Cr Cause Diabetes And Suppress Copper Metabolism

EssntlFttyBstrd

Hello all,
Does anyone here know of any compounds that preferentially chelate Selenium and Chromium?

I took in too much selenium due to supplementing with it on the Iodine protocol, and by eating lots of sardines, and chromium from foolishly taking a supplement a few times, and by eating dark chocolate and using stainless steel cookware- together they have given me low copper symptoms that get worse if I take in more copper.

I know these two are almost certainly the problem because my symptoms got directly worse from each, and stopped getting worse after I stopped taking these minerals, and because the nature of my symptoms are very similar to my past experiences of getting excesses of essential minerals through diet (which I fixed by using chelators- but the chelators I have tried do not work for Selenium or Chromium).

Just about all of the selenium I took in is from selenomethionine, and not inorganic or elemental selenium (which are the ones that cause classic selenosis, which I do not have), although part of the problem may be that it converts to this form in the body when in excess.

Does anybody happen to know of compounds that chelate these two- selenium in particular? I have been unable to find any for selenium, and mainstream sources claim that there is no direct cure for selenium toxicity. Please name as many as possible that might work- in case some of them do not turn out to be effective.

I did find a couple studies indicating that N-acetyl-Cysteine will get rid of Chromium, but taking that gives me serious pain as a side effect due to still having some mercury in me. I have also tried Malic acid, Citric Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and Di-mercapto Succinic Acid, and none of them seem to be effective at getting Se or Cr out of the body (at least to the level of effectiveness where chelating them wouldn't also require such high doses that I'd become deficient in various important minerals, which I will not risk).

Any help would be tremendously appreciated- I am pretty desperate at this point- this problem has basically put me into a PFS-like state where my emotions, hormones, digestion, organ function, memory, etc have all been suppressed (as has my pre-hairloss), and life has become pretty miserable.

If anyone knows anything about this- please share your knowledge! It will help so much!

@Amazoniac @Travis @haidut

syncronicity

Hello all,
Does anyone here know of any compounds that preferentially chelate Selenium and Chromium?

I took in too much selenium due to supplementing with it on the Iodine protocol, and by eating lots of sardines, and chromium from foolishly taking a supplement a few times, and by eating dark chocolate and using stainless steel cookware- together they have given me low copper symptoms that get worse if I take in more copper.

I know these two are almost certainly the problem because my symptoms got directly worse from each, and stopped getting worse after I stopped taking these minerals, and because the nature of my symptoms are very similar to my past experiences of getting excesses of essential minerals through diet (which I fixed by using chelators- but the chelators I have tried do not work for Selenium or Chromium).

Just about all of the selenium I took in is from selenomethionine, and not inorganic or elemental selenium (which are the ones that cause classic selenosis, which I do not have), although part of the problem may be that it converts to this form in the body when in excess.

Does anybody happen to know of compounds that chelate these two- selenium in particular? I have been unable to find any for selenium, and mainstream sources claim that there is no direct cure for selenium toxicity. Please name as many as possible that might work- in case some of them do not turn out to be effective.

I did find a couple studies indicating that N-acetyl-Cysteine will get rid of Chromium, but taking that gives me serious pain as a side effect due to still having some mercury in me. I have also tried Malic acid, Citric Acid, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and Di-mercapto Succinic Acid, and none of them seem to be effective at getting Se or Cr out of the body (at least to the level of effectiveness where chelating them wouldn't also require such high doses that I'd become deficient in various important minerals, which I will not risk).

Any help would be tremendously appreciated- I am pretty desperate at this point- this problem has basically put me into a PFS-like state where my emotions, hormones, digestion, organ function, memory, etc have all been suppressed (as has my pre-hairloss), and life has become pretty miserable.

If anyone knows anything about this- please share your knowledge! It will help so much!

@Amazoniac @Travis @haidut

Suggest looking into zinc and its relationship to metallothionein. The latter is an endogenous chelator (IIRC). Zinc deficiency can adversely affect metallothionein. Chris Masterjohn talks about it in one of his zinc you tube videos. Lastly zinc deficiency affects coper status.

Chelating Selenium And Chromium? Se & Cr Cause Diabetes

but it doesnt.
i wouldnt chelate and just be abstinent imo.

skominac

Chromium causes diabetes ?

Chromium is often prescribed to diabetes type 2 patients since it increases insulin sensitivity.

TibRex

@EssntlFttyBstrd

You might be interested in the following :

Selenium antagonists
: Vitamins A, B2, C** & E**. Sulfur, Heavy metals, phytates.
Chromium antagonists : calcium, iron, manganese, phosphorus, zinc, copper**, magnesium, lead, tin, fluorine...

Limit Selenium to Avoid Diabetes - Diabetes Developments

The Nutritional Relationships of Selenium
http://traceelements.com/Docs/The Nutritional Relationships of Selenium.pdf

** These can also be synergistic and not just antagonistic, so beware.