How to properly use Methylene Blue ? Succinic acid, avoid graying of hair, sexual function, lower serotonin etc

PopSocket

Feeling fantastic on 10-15mg per day, feel fully connected to the Universe so to speak. After many years of optimizing the organism it seems like MB is like the cherry on the top and bringing about all the benefits of lowered stress and improved metabolic function. Skin and hair looking great. Mood is up, energy is up, brain works a lot better, more social and even nicer to people, extremely mellow and happy mood etc etc. Attraction from opposite sex is extremely strong which is a nice bonus. Posture is also improved. Currently combining it with 2x200/250mg succinic acid per day. I pee greenish blue from smallish doses of 7-10mg/ on the first day after a pause/ which from what I read points toward relatively good health status.

The problems I see:

1. I am getting a bit of gray hair(age 35) which happened once in the past when I was breathing too much hydrogen/4-6 hours a day while working on the PC/ and I reversed it after stopping and added lots of liver + taurine and all the Peaty stuff that I do anyway.

2. I am getting a bit asexual with weak erections. I don't mind the lowered libido to be honest as a strong libido is very distracting, and lowered libido makes me feel like a child again, so MB did a good job but when the its time for sex I am very mindful that things might not work out really well.

Does anyone know or suspect the direct causes of those issues ?

I tried to look into the literature for gray hair and found almost nothing except this study:

Methylene blue improves mitochondrial respiration and decreases oxidative stress in a substrate-dependent manner in diabetic rat hearts

"The addition of methylene blue (0.1 μmol·L−1) elicited an increase in oxygen consumption of mitochondria energized with complex I and II substrates in both normal and diseased mitochondria. Interestingly, methylene blue elicited a significant increase in H2O2 release in the presence of complex I substrates (glutamate and malate), but had an opposite effect in mitochondria energized with complex II substrate (succinate)."

Could increase of H202 be the cause of the gray hair in this case ? If yes, what would be good strategies to combat it ? Succinic acid on the hair :D ? Seems like Taurine is really important for relieving excess H2O2 issues as well. Started using BCAAs to lower any potential serotonin increase as well.

What would MB be "depleting" through improved metabolism ? Copper ?

Erection quality I guess could be caused by too low Nitric Oxide ? Is sex a bit like a "stressful" event and requires some of the bad molecules to take place ? I am pretty sure I got enough CO2 as I am very pink all the time with really good circulation, RBC are feeling happy. Also doing some deep breathing to ensure CO2 is high.

Would be appreciate any input, thoughts and ideas on those and other issues regarding proper use of MB that you encountered.

Peater

Following with interest as I use MB, taurine and have just a few white hairs come through in my face hair recently.

Although I did read that if anything MB can substitute for copper in deficiency.

Gawdawg

Feeling fantastic on 10-15mg per day, feel fully connected to the Universe so to speak. After many years of optimizing the organism it seems like MB is like the cherry on the top and bringing about all the benefits of lowered stress and improved metabolic function. Skin and hair looking great. Mood is up, energy is up, brain works a lot better, more social and even nicer to people, extremely mellow and happy mood etc etc. Attraction from opposite sex is extremely strong which is a nice bonus. Posture is also improved. Currently combining it with 2x200/250mg succinic acid per day. I pee greenish blue from smallish doses of 7-10mg/ on the first day after a pause/ which from what I read points toward relatively good health status.

The problems I see:

1. I am getting a bit of gray hair(age 35) which happened once in the past when I was breathing too much hydrogen/4-6 hours a day while working on the PC/ and I reversed it after stopping and added lots of liver + taurine and all the Peaty stuff that I do anyway.

2. I am getting a bit asexual with weak erections. I don't mind the lowered libido to be honest as a strong libido is very distracting, and lowered libido makes me feel like a child again, so MB did a good job but when the its time for sex I am very mindful that things might not work out really well.

Does anyone know or suspect the direct causes of those issues ?

I tried to look into the literature for gray hair and found almost nothing except this study:

Methylene blue improves mitochondrial respiration and decreases oxidative stress in a substrate-dependent manner in diabetic rat hearts

Could increase of H202 be the cause of the gray hair in this case ? If yes, what would be good strategies to combat it ? Succinic acid on the hair :D ? Seems like Taurine is really important for relieving excess H2O2 issues as well. Started using BCAAs to lower any potential serotonin increase as well.

What would MB be "depleting" through improved metabolism ? Copper ?

Erection quality I guess could be caused by too low Nitric Oxide ? Is sex a bit like a "stressful" event and requires some of the bad molecules to take place ? I am pretty sure I got enough CO2 as I am very pink all the time with really good circulation, RBC are feeling happy. Also doing some deep breathing to ensure CO2 is high.

Would be appreciate any input, thoughts and ideas on those and other issues regarding proper use of MB that you encountered.
In my opinion, some ingredients can be used one a week with good benefits, unless a health issue is being addressed. I heard Ray Peat say that using a couple of drops of MB once a week should be sufficient. Currently I use molecular hydrogen tablets once or twice a week; typically an hour before I go do my once a week workout.

andrewlee224

I reversed some gray hairs by using Solban topically in the area. Also went on holidays and had more sunlight, it might have helped too.
From what I read in other threads people said helped:
- nettle tea
- cutting back coffee (would be difficult for me)
- donating blood
- taurine
- topical copper
- thyroid

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom