Using Steroids As Anti-depressives (Androsterone + Pregnenolone)

milkboi

I recently read some posts from @DaveFoster and @Constatine, where they said increasing steroids/using natural steroids/androgens like DHT, T etc. might be more effective against depression than focusing on increasing/decreasing certain neurotransmitters.

So I had the idea of combining a daily dose of ~50mg Pregnenolone with Androsterone (or would Examestane be even better?) to really boost the „masculine“ steroids.
Maybe doing that for 2-3 months, while also working on relationships, mental health, studying and finances. I am looking for improvements in well-being (so anti-depressive effect), more drive, energy. Great idea? Sh*t idea? Risk of shut-down of internal steroid production after discontinuing? Your experiences with similar stacks?

I have most of the „high metabolic lifestyle“ dialed in, and will keep on fine-tuning it. But to stop focusing only on health and to start putting more effort in other areas of life I think using therapeutic substance/-s could be a great temporary aid. Of course, I don‘t want to take something that will f me up even more in the long-term tho.

Hans

Forum Supporter
For me, baking soda, methylene blue, aspirin and coffee with sugar have potent mood lifting effects.
Tribulus is also great for making me feel more stress resilient as it increases DHEA, DHT, dopamine and androgen receptors.

Taking a little DHEA with preg should be much better as many studies have shown the anti-depressant effect of DHEA.

Small doses of preg and DHEA should cause shut down of your own hormone production. Research actually found that preg supplementation can stimulate its own synthesis.

Momado965

For me, baking soda, methylene blue, aspirin and coffee with sugar have potent mood lifting effects.
Tribulus is also great for making me feel more stress resilient as it increases DHEA, DHT, dopamine and androgen receptors.

Taking a little DHEA with preg should be much better as many studies have shown the anti-depressant effect of DHEA.

Small doses of preg and DHEA should cause shut down of your own hormone production. Research actually found that preg supplementation can stimulate its own synthesis.

Have you tried eleuthero?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Those are all great sups, that I all have taken before. Problem is, I am/was using a lot of them, and they were just not strong enough to make a big enough difference in depressive symptoms. So I am considering a relatively large dose Preg (25-100mg/daily) + AI, which probably carries more risk than the things you mentioned, but might also make a bigger contribution to helping me get of out a rut. Do you think that protocol is safe enough and could be effective as a anti-depressants? (God damn, just realized I misspelled anti-depressants in the thread title)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Those are all great sups, that I all have taken before. Problem is, I am/was using a lot of them, and they were just not strong enough to make a big enough difference in depressive symptoms. So I am considering a relatively large dose Preg (25-100mg/daily) + AI, which probably carries more risk than the things you mentioned, but might also make a bigger contribution to helping me get of out a rut. Do you think that protocol is safe enough and could be effective as a anti-depressants? (God damn, just realized I misspelled anti-depressants in the thread title)
Well I'm not sure how effective an AI would be for depression (unless your estrogen is really high and causing elevated serotonin, cortisol and prolactin), but androsterone which is also an GABA agonist might be helpful. I think more people report anti-depressant effects from 5a-DHP that androsterone, but you can always trial andro and see.
I'd still add the DHEA though. 500mg preg has been studied before for schizo so it's safe. Adding 5-15mg DHEA should only be complementary.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Well I'm not sure how effective an AI would be for depression (unless your estrogen is really high and causing elevated serotonin, cortisol and prolactin), but androsterone which is also an GABA agonist might be helpful. I think more people report anti-depressant effects from 5a-DHP that androsterone, but you can always trial andro and see.
I'd still add the DHEA though. 500mg preg has been studied before for schizo so it's safe. Adding 5-15mg DHEA should only be complementary.

Ok, thank you!

Last edited:

Momado965

Do you take Eleuthero @Momado965 ? I was doing some research on “androgenic” adaptogens and there are very few in the literal sense of the word. Looking for another one besides trib

Yeah I take it on and off. When I use it standalone its quite potent for not only stress reduction but also androgenocity and energy. Combined with keto dht and keto t its a whole new animal.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you take Eleuthero @Momado965 ? I was doing some research on “androgenic” adaptogens and there are very few in the literal sense of the word. Looking for another one besides trib
Ashwagandha, mucuna, longjack and maca seem to be have the most research behind them for that matter.

DaveFoster

I recently read some posts from @DaveFoster and @Constatine, where they said increasing steroids/using natural steroids/androgens like DHT, T etc. might be more effective against depression than focusing on increasing/decreasing certain neurotransmitters.

So I had the idea of combining a daily dose of ~50mg Pregnenolone with Androsterone (or would Examestane be even better?) to really boost the „masculine“ steroids.
Maybe doing that for 2-3 months, while also working on relationships, mental health, studying and finances. I am looking for improvements in well-being (so anti-depressive effect), more drive, energy. Great idea? Sh*t idea? Risk of shut-down of internal steroid production after discontinuing? Your experiences with similar stacks?

I have most of the „high metabolic lifestyle“ dialed in, and will keep on fine-tuning it. But to stop focusing only on health and to start putting more effort in other areas of life I think using therapeutic substance/-s could be a great temporary aid. Of course, I don‘t want to take something that will f me up even more in the long-term tho.
If you alter hormone levels, then you'll similarly affect neurotransmitters. It's probably easier to manipulate the latter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals