Iron Man

In dose 30mg - 50mg daily pregnenolone may raise DHEA more than 100mg or higher. Like I said, it has not been tested but the 30mg and 50mg daily doses showed benefits for mental disorders like depression and given the beneficial role of DHEA in these disorders, it was probably due to elevated DHEA levels from pregnenolone. The higher doses like 200mg daily did not have an effect, so that's that. If you take higher dose pregenolone like 100mg+ daily Peat commonly advises people to take 5mg DHEA with that. Or youc an try the 30mg - 50mg pregnenolone only and do some blood work. It will answer a lot of questions for people here.
Thanks @haidut
How much time do I need to give pregnenolone? I ask this because I had been on it for about 8 weeks when I had my last blood work done and I cannot see any improvement in testosterone at all.
Also, you didn't get back to me about the natural progesterone question? Should I take this, should I alternate it?
I am willing to trial and report my findings, but at the moment I am really struggling with the way forward. I feel that in order to truly trial something, you need to lock in and give something enough time to work and currently I am so unsure on what to take.
On another note, (and maybe this is a dumb question to ask) how safe are these hormones like DHEA, Pregnenolone etc? I was looking online with all this researching and found these hormones were banned in a number of Countries. Does anyone know why? What would the concern be for a Country to ban it?

Last edited:

Owen B

In my experience, pregnenolone and progesterone, progesterone and DHEA, or pregnenolone and DHEA work best as combinations. I don't know what dose would work best. The 3g taurine should be plenty and some people do well even on half that dose. Glycine was shown to restore the anabolic effects of protein (leucine) in older age at a dose of about 6g-7g daily. So, adding a spoon of gelatin to all of your protein meals should work too.[/QUOTE]
Haidut....thanks for all the great commentary and the products. These are lifeblood for me now.

quick ??. I've tried the preg/DHEA combination and found that the subject got very estrogenic after a couple of weeks. Only 3-4 drops a day. Now the subject can't take a drop (topically) without the same response. I need to get more energy into subject. What's the thinking in the preg/prog combination? How about the prog/DHEA combination? What's the theory there? I'm just starting to get thyroid into my system, take 20 mgs of Progest-E and 100 mgs niacinamide.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals