Glycine Is Directly Anabolic AND Anticatabolic For The Muscle

DonLore

He stated that he was taking gelatin as a supplement before bed (on an otherwise empty stomach?). A large enough bolus of manufactured gelatin could create an environment overnight favorable to the creation of a cold sore overnight.

Heretofore, I thought that the the daily ratio of lysine to arginine would protect against cold sores. I now believe that a cold sore could in fact materialize after a single bolus of manufactured gelatin at the end of the day followed by the normal nightly fast.

The lysine to arginine ratio is well known in the cold sore community. His daily ratio may not be as high as he thought. There are large number of foods that he might have been eating that had too much arginine.
If the case is that daily total ratio is not enough,and a single meals ratio can also have an effect, then you maybe right

Jon2547

I can't do gelatin. Makes me feel bad quickly. And I bought a huge tub of grass fed gelatin off of Amazon. Had to throw it away.

Progress888

He stated that he was taking gelatin as a supplement before bed (on an otherwise empty stomach?). A large enough bolus of manufactured gelatin could create an environment overnight favorable to the creation of a cold sore overnight.

Heretofore, I thought that the the daily ratio of lysine to arginine would protect against cold sores. I now believe that a cold sore could in fact materialize after a single bolus of manufactured gelatin at the end of the day followed by the normal nightly fast.

The lysine to arginine ratio is well known in the cold sore community. His daily ratio may not be as high as he thought. There are large number of foods that he might have been eating that had too much arginine.
Yes I had the gelatin mixed in a drink of egg yolks, whole milk and maple syrup

A normal combination for me which I find to be great for my overall health

Everything else I was doing had been the same in regards to what I eat and when I eat

Only have been eating beef, raw carrots as well as sweet bell peppers , gouda cheese , grass fed butter and that's about it

When I stick to those things my health is great, my skin is great ect

The only thing I changed was adding that gelatin which I actually enjoyed as it mixed in greatly with my egg drink giving it a much better texture and taste so I was actually looking forward to using it again until I woke up with a huge cold sore under the ridge of my nose which I am positive is a direct result of the gelatin as nothing else had changed

I had no stress in my life and was asleep in bed for 9pm that night

So in my eyes I had all the boxes checked to wake up feeling great the next day but instead woke up with that which to me is very detrimental to my mental health as I very much despise/hate when I have a cold sore and do everything in my power to avoid having an outbreak.

So glycine doesn't have any of the arginine? Or at least has a +1 ratio?

To the guy saying about gelatin not having any

If you do a search on google about what to avoid if you are prone to cold sores gelatin is one of the first things that is recommended to be avoided..

I know because as soon as I woke up with it I searched it and that was the first thing I read which made me do a major facepalm lol

David PS

Yes I had the gelatin mixed in a drink of egg yolks, whole milk and maple syrup

A normal combination for me which I find to be great for my overall health

Everything else I was doing had been the same in regards to what I eat and when I eat

Only have been eating beef, raw carrots as well as sweet bell peppers , gouda cheese , grass fed butter and that's about it

When I stick to those things my health is great, my skin is great ect

The only thing I changed was adding that gelatin which I actually enjoyed as it mixed in greatly with my egg drink giving it a much better texture and taste so I was actually looking forward to using it again until I woke up with a huge cold sore under the ridge of my nose which I am positive is a direct result of the gelatin as nothing else had changed

I had no stress in my life and was asleep in bed for 9pm that night

So in my eyes I had all the boxes checked to wake up feeling great the next day but instead woke up with that which to me is very detrimental to my mental health as I very much despise/hate when I have a cold sore and do everything in my power to avoid having an outbreak.

So glycine doesn't have any of the arginine? Or at least has a +1 ratio?

To the guy saying about gelatin not having any

If you do a search on google about what to avoid if you are prone to cold sores gelatin is one of the first things that is recommended to be avoided..

I know because as soon as I woke up with it I searched it and that was the first thing I read which made me do a major facepalm lol

Thanks for the info. I plan on never using gelatin as a source of glycine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals