Iron Man

Not weird at all. High estrogen is often seen in people with "high" sex drives. Sex Addicts and Borderline Personality Disorders etc.

Far out!! That is interesting.... Is there research on this? As far as I know, I am normal :)

Iron Man

The risks are not worth it in any sense whatsoever, and you'll probably end up being on them for life.

I really do understand this and appreciate your thoughts. I feel that with being in my early 40's, the natural chemicals in my body are already in the decline. I am open to exploring options on giving myself a boost, just for a short period. I read about a seasoned bodybuilder (who I think is mostly natural), who was entertaining the notion of experimenting with something like Anavar to just get over the hump of the natural boundary he was hitting. I know that as a natural bodybuilder, you can really only go so far and that is it. No matter how hard you train... I think there is a school of thought that if you can get some assistance and get past that and reach your goals, you can then get off these substances and let the body take control again, whilst keeping the "gainz".

I would prefer to experiment with hormones and vitamins that are tried, true and reliable. Again, I am not looking to experiment long term, just a 3-6 month window and then call it a day with the experimentation.

I have never done the steroids route, but word on the street is that something like Anavar is the safest. How true this really is, I am not sure,,,

Wagner83

I would prefer to experiment with hormones and vitamins that are tried, true and reliable. Again, I am not looking to experiment long term, just a 3-6 month window and then call it a day with the experimentation.
It does not sound like it will happen that way, once the door is open things will most likely change (not judging whether that's a good or bad thing).

Gl;itch.e

I think there is a school of thought that if you can get some assistance and get past that and reach your goals, you can then get off these substances and let the body take control again, whilst keeping the "gainz".
I don't know how much of the gains you'll keep to be honest. Ultimately whatever you gain beyond natural limits will return to baseline. You might keep a small amount of the new muscle but only if your natural hormones bounce back quickly after the cycle and are enough to support it. Less likely the closer to your natural limits you were before "juicing"

What are your heaviest lifts at your current level? What body parts are you trying to bring up the most? Sometimes bodybuilders stagnate in growth because they get too hung up in certain rep ranges or exercises and don't periodize their training much if at all.

Anders86

What do you guys feel about Potato, or starch in general? I was supposed to keep myself starch-free until 01 March as an experiment, only sugars. But after a couple days I felt easily irritated and often with a loss for words. I do strength training every day and is very satisfied with that. I have been lifting weight for over 15 years now and I consider myself strong and experienced. After "Peating" I have learned to take every lifting session in a very calm and controlled manner. I have no DOMS or muscle damage what so ever and I get stronger every day. All mye vitamins, minerals and hormones are checked but I feel that my muscles sucks up all the sugars when my glycogen stores are "empty" and then leaves my brain "empty". I just ate 3-4 potatoes post-workout and got tired/calm and in a very good mood :) Is starches a staple food for a weightlifter/bodybuilder? Or am I just wired wrong? And yes I have been eating a lot of sugar, mostly honey, I have buckets.

Iron Man

@Anders86
You may need to get an opinion from someone more knowledgeable with diet, but I feel that everything in moderation is best. I have been bodybuilding a considerable number of years also and do not get the DOMS all that often. I don't really believe this is an indicator of growth anyway as the muscle does not need too much stimulus to generate hypertrophy. Muscle damage is happening though, as this is all a part of hypertrophy. Sometimes people get too caught up in the feeling of it and that is coming down to taxing the CNS more than anything.

Iron Man

I don't know how much of the gains you'll keep to be honest. Ultimately whatever you gain beyond natural limits will return to baseline. You might keep a small amount of the new muscle but only if your natural hormones bounce back quickly after the cycle and are enough to support it. Less likely the closer to your natural limits you were before "juicing"

What are your heaviest lifts at your current level? What body parts are you trying to bring up the most? Sometimes bodybuilders stagnate in growth because they get too hung up in certain rep ranges or exercises and don't periodize their training much if at all.

I follow the HST protocol (Bryan Haycock) and it is rock solid, absolutely rock solid way to train. I would like to focus on my arms at the moment. I have training locked down. It is the supplement/hormone manipulation that I need to work on and that is why I am so interested in this research Haidut is doing. It is a bit disappointing that he does not chime in with more comments on this as I am willing to help with being a guinea pig (to a certain extent).

With regards to going back to baseline after getting off the stuff, I believe this to be true, however... I have read a school of thought that you can move the baseline a little and that is what I am interested in doing.

Gl;itch.e

HST works but I would peg this as a more beginner to intermediate type of program to be honest. Id wager that you would need more volume at this point of your training age. An arm specialization routine would be my go-to to shock some new gains. Check out some of Charles Poliquins arm routines

Iron Man

HST works but I would peg this as a more beginner to intermediate type of program to be honest. Id wager that you would need more volume at this point of your training age. An arm specialization routine would be my go-to to shock some new gains. Check out some of Charles Poliquins arm routines

I am afraid that I have to disagree... I have found HST to be rock solid without any doubt... HST incorporated with myo-reps is a fantastic way to train, no matter what level you are at in your training. Volume can be changed within the HST parameters. Same with frequency...

Gl;itch.e

I am afraid that I have to disagree... I have found HST to be rock solid without any doubt... HST incorporated with myo-reps is a fantastic way to train, no matter what level you are at in your training. Volume can be changed within the HST parameters. Same with frequency...
Still. HST is usually like one exercise per body part. If you have lagging, or just want to emphasis a muscle group you might have to look at additional exercises of varying types to get more out of your training. Open your mind a little it sounds like at this point you don't want to change anything except to add hormones to do the work for you.

Iron Man

@Gl;itch.e
I appreciate the comments, but I think you need to look more into HST brother. You don't seem to know much about it? HST can and is done with more than just one exercise. Not sure what made you think otherwise? You can add volume and frequency as much as you can handle too, as long as you don't burn out.
I have been around the block with training, diet and supplements for a number of years now. There is still so much unknown and the conventional sources all seem to have a bias. I have looked into techniques from Charles Poliquin, Chad Waterbury, Borge Fragerli, Mathias Wernbom, Bryan Haycock, articles on T-Nation, articles on Ergolog, articles on Pubmed and even commentary by Schwarzenegger and Zane. I consider myself quite open minded.

Getting back to the Pregnenolone, I am reading that incorporating dosages of 25mg Pregnenolone and 5mg of DHEA together daily is a possible option.

Last edited:

Gl;itch.e

@Gl;itch.e
I appreciate the comments, but I think you need to look more into HST brother. You don't seem to know much about it? HST can and is done with more than just one exercise. Not sure what made you think otherwise? You can add volume and frequency as much as you can handle too, as long as you don't burn out.
Well to be fair its probably been 10 years since I looked at Bryans programs. But his original HST was a full body 3 day routine with one exercise per body part. I wasn't aware he continues to make new programs.

I have been around the block with training, diet and supplements for a number of years now. There is still so much unknown and the conventional sources all seem to have a bias. I have looked into techniques from Charles Poliquin, Chad Waterbury, Borge Fragerli, Mathias Wernbom, Bryan Haycock, articles on T-Nation, articles on Ergolog, articles on Pubmed and even commentary by Schwarzenegger and Zane. I consider myself quite open minded.
Fair enough. So what are you doing for arms currently if I may ask? Maybe we can brain storm something to help while you continue to look into the hormone side of things?

Getting back to the Pregnenolone, I am reading that incorporating dosages of 25mg Pregnenolone and 5mg of DHEA together daily is a possible option.
I haven't had much experience with Pregnenolone myself. But DHEA I have been using for over a year to good result. 2.5mg a day is all I needed to see some serious benefits. I wouldn't go higher than 5mg and would prefer to stick with 2.5 personally. Taken at night with other foods/supplements to support its conversion to Androgenic/Anabolic hormones. Glycine/Taurine, Aspirin, Niacinamide, Caffeine (during the day) etc.

Iron Man

Thanks.
I will PM you about the training specifics so that we can keep this topic on the hormone and supplements discussion...

I have been taking 3g of Taurine a day and I am already on Niacinimide and Aspirin. I wonder if timing plays a part in all of this?

I have been on the Pregnenolone and natrual Progesterone cream for about 8-9 weeks now. I am not sure what differences there are, but I just had my lab results done and I see the Doctor next week. My testosterone was crazy low (wonder I am the size I am), so it will be interesting to see if my T levels are up.

stressucks

Not weird at all. High estrogen is often seen in people with "high" sex drives. Sex Addicts and Borderline Personality Disorders etc.

I think I'm experiencing something related to this.

Used to be next to impossible for me to nofap. Started taking progesterone and those constant urges have gone away, was worried my penor stopped working. Sex is still great though. My libido seems to have possibly been estrogen driven. However, I had blood estrogen tested before in the low end of the range. Confusing.

Gl;itch.e

Thanks.
I will PM you about the training specifics so that we can keep this topic on the hormone and supplements discussion...

I have been taking 3g of Taurine a day and I am already on Niacinimide and Aspirin. I wonder if timing plays a part in all of this?

I have been on the Pregnenolone and natrual Progesterone cream for about 8-9 weeks now. I am not sure what differences there are, but I just had my lab results done and I see the Doctor next week. My testosterone was crazy low (wonder I am the size I am), so it will be interesting to see if my T levels are up.
Timing wise I try and think about it in terms of normal physiology. For example if Cortisol is supposed to be higher in the morning (it wakes us up!) then taking supplements that are supposed to decrease cortisol is probably not advised in the morning (outside of extreme scenarios). Likewise since natural stress hormone levels tend to be lower at night (back at home, after work, big dinner, hormones winding down for sleep) it makes sense to include supplements that can convert down different pathways depending on stress levels. So DHEA I take only at night so its more likely to convert to beneficial rather than negative hormones.

Gl;itch.e

I think I'm experiencing something related to this.

Used to be next to impossible for me to nofap. Started taking progesterone and those constant urges have gone away, was worried my penor stopped working. Sex is still great though. My libido seems to have possibly been estrogen driven. However, I had blood estrogen tested before in the low end of the range. Confusing.
Could be that estrogen levels in the blood are low because its all getting shuttled into the cells.

Wagner83

Thanks.

Any reason why you use both progesterone and pregnenolone? From the little I've read a big percentage of the latter gets converted into progesterone .

Iron Man

Any reason why you use both progesterone and pregnenolone? From the little I've read a big percentage of the latter gets converted into progesterone .
My testosterone levels were very low (mid 200's to upper 200's), so I was wanting to give my testosterone a jolt into action. Based on what I read up at the time, applying natural progesterone cream and 50mg of pregnenolone was the way to go. If this is not the way to go, I am welcomed to be steered in the right direction.

I am starting to see studies on dhea and pregnenolone working great together. As originally posted, I would ideally like to generate an anabolic reaction in order to break some boundaries with bodybuilding... After this, I would like to supplement with hormones at low dosages long term just to keep healthy and stave off the degenerative aging process as best one can.

Timing wise I try and think about it in terms of normal physiology. For example if Cortisol is supposed to be higher in the morning (it wakes us up!) then taking supplements that are supposed to decrease cortisol is probably not advised in the morning (outside of extreme scenarios). Likewise since natural stress hormone levels tend to be lower at night (back at home, after work, big dinner, hormones winding down for sleep) it makes sense to include supplements that can convert down different pathways depending on stress levels. So DHEA I take only at night so its more likely to convert to beneficial rather than negative hormones.

Great, thanks... It would be great to establish some sort of supplement stack with timing considered.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals