Topical DHEA for hair loss?!?

Gypsumking

Any updates from anyone following these recommendations with the dhea and/or prog topically?

OP
G

Gungnir

Any updates from anyone following these recommendations with the dhea and/or prog topically?
I’ve been doing topical progesterone and dhea cream on my widows peak areas every night before bed since I created this thread (so 4ish months now). I have these red blood spots on the skin of my widows peak (which I’ve highlighted with more red) for area reference. It’s definitely made the already existing vellus hairs thicker. I think it has increased the total amount of hairs present (or maybe that’s an illusion idk you be the judge). My hair is the same length in both pics. Exact same lighting (my chair in my office with phone pointing down at my head; typical office light bulbs). My guess is if I continue doing it the vellus hairs will darken.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 093B3E57-E7B0-434F-821D-A37063D3A96D.jpeg
    093B3E57-E7B0-434F-821D-A37063D3A96D.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 260
  • B49DAF6F-6B2E-4875-82F6-D9D571676B94.jpeg
    B49DAF6F-6B2E-4875-82F6-D9D571676B94.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 249

Murtaza

I’ve been doing topical progesterone and dhea cream on my widows peak areas every night before bed since I created this thread (so 4ish months now). I have these red blood spots on the skin of my widows peak (which I’ve highlighted with more red) for area reference. It’s definitely made the already existing vellus hairs thicker. I think it has increased the total amount of hairs present (or maybe that’s an illusion idk you be the judge). My hair is the same length in both pics. Exact same lighting (my chair in my office with phone pointing down at my head; typical office light bulbs). My guess is if I continue doing it the vellus hairs will darken.

What do you guys think?
you have definitely regrown hair, congrats dude. also what kind of a solution have you been using? concentration, solvent etc?

Mossy

What do you guys think?
That does look promising. I think using the same lighting, hair length and positioning is important (as you did).

As @Murtaza asked above, it would be good to know the dose of each.

Do you not experience any side effects from prog. or dhea?

iso1

i can tell I have regrown my density a lot from oral dhea, but I felt high E2 from it and became sensitive cry boy.

FitnessMike

What do you guys think?
well thats impressive, i have got plenty of little white hair, this kind of micro-needling gives you

revenant

What do you guys think?
That's one of the most impressive before/after pics I've seen on hair growth threads in 10 years.

Can you tell more about the product you're using?

OP
G

Gungnir

you have definitely regrown hair, congrats dude. also what kind of a solution have you been using? concentration, solvent etc?
I just use a 3:2 ratio of Progesterone to DHEA. I use a brand called Biolabs Pro. I also use a derma stamp (1.5mm) about once a month on the same area. Also I need to add... I don't use a full pump when I put it on. I use like 1/5 of a pump of each when I apply it each night... so it lasts me a long time.

OP
G

Gungnir

That does look promising. I think using the same lighting, hair length and positioning is important (as you did).

As @Murtaza asked above, it would be good to know the dose of each.

Do you not experience any side effects from prog. or dhea?
As for answer to first question... see my response to @Murtaza.

To answer your second question... I do not get any noticeable side effects from it.

johnwester130

30ml everclear/ food grade ethanol
800mg-1200mg of DHEA powder

really that simple folks

if you want to add vitamin E, you can.
it will absorb through chylomicrons and pass through the liver several times and enter the blood protected on the chylomicron and the effects are amplified, but i don't think this matters for topical DHEA.
this also prevents it turning to estrogen

FitnessMike

really that simple folks

it will absorb through chylomicrons and pass through the liver several times and enter the blood protected on the chylomicron and the effects are amplified, but i don't think this matters for topical DHEA.
Can i use expired DHEA? i wonder if it goes off?

OP
G

Gungnir

really that simple folks

Can you explain how it prevents DHEA from converting to estrogen? That is pretty significant.

Gypsumking

What do you guys think?
Well done for sticking with it. Be interesting to see it in another few weeks. One pick is def more zoomed in than the other so it is hard to tell. I would say next time you are talki g the pic take it at the same distance from the head or from wider viewpoint where can see the whole head. Amazing that this is first time anyone has posted results from actually following peats recommendations for hairloss. Could be a game changer

Mossy

As for answer to first question... see my response to @Murtaza.

To answer your second question... I do not get any noticeable side effects from it.
Ok, so for the sake of providing detail for all that read this thread,1/5 pump of each of those would be 15mg prog and 10mg DHEA per application.

Something that has to be taken into consideration are all the other ingredients in those products: retinol, msm, coconut and olive oils, several herbs and extracts, etc. Though they may be non factors, due to their low amounts.

OP
G

Gungnir

Well done for sticking with it. Be interesting to see it in another few weeks. One pick is def more zoomed in than the other so it is hard to tell. I would say next time you are talki g the pic take it at the same distance from the head or from wider viewpoint where can see the whole head. Amazing that this is first time anyone has posted results from actually following peats recommendations for hairloss. Could be a game changer
I tried my best to crop the pics to give the most accurate comparison. Here are two more pics comparing my hairline when I started vs today. You can see the blood spots in my widows peak for area reference. I plan to keep doing it for atleast 6 months. If it’s promising, I’m going to start using over my entire thinning area. As for right now, I just do it on hairline + temples.

Attachments

• 438EBCA9-D805-423D-83D7-D25B039AF5E8.jpeg
    438EBCA9-D805-423D-83D7-D25B039AF5E8.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 579CE882-66A4-46DD-99B7-F883A8EA5B33.jpeg
    579CE882-66A4-46DD-99B7-F883A8EA5B33.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 189
OP
G

Gungnir

Ok, so for the sake of providing detail for all that read this thread,1/5 pump of each of those would be 15mg prog and 10mg DHEA per application.

Something that has to be taken into consideration are all the other ingredients in those products: retinol, msm, coconut and olive oils, several herbs and extracts, etc. Though they may be non factors, due to their low amounts.
I also worried about the other ingredients at first, but I just didn’t know what else to use. These products seemed to be the easiest to experiment with.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals