Topical DHEA for hair loss?!?

Mossy

Have you experienced any of the sides all men are afraid of?
I asked him about this earlier and his reply was, "I do not get any noticeable side effects from it."

He is very fortunate, I'd say, because I do get typical demasculinizing symptoms from progesterone. The severity can vary, but is usually mild to medium. DHEA can produce what I would say is too much estrogen, but maybe the combination of these two, on the scalp, will create some kind of balance.

P.S. It is worth repeating that the other ingredients in the particular products he's using may be a factor in side effects as well. Pure speculation on my part, but worth consideration.

Last edited:

marko9437

He also said that a copper solution was able to return color to his hairs almost overnight (only at the roots obviously). Why has no one been talking about this?
That sounds interesting as hell. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what solution that would be and where to get it.

Mossy

That sounds interesting as hell. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what solution that would be and where to get it.
We've just started talking about it on this thread. You'll see that I mention I do feel copper peptides kept my hair color, but may have affected my health. But, that is a big "may"—because there is no way that I can know for sure.

Jack Earth

I asked him about this earlier and his reply was, "I do not get any noticeable side effects from it."

He is very fortunate, I'd say, because I do get typical demasculinizing symptoms from progesterone. The severity can vary, but is usually mild to medium. DHEA can produce what I would say is too much estrogen, but maybe the combination of these two, on the scalp, will create some kind of balance.

P.S. It is worth repeating that the other ingredients in the particular products he's using may be a factor in side effects as well. Pure speculation on my part, but worth consideration.

What symptoms do you get low drive or shrinkage too?
What dosage?

OP
G

Gungnir

Have you experienced any of the sides all men are afraid of?
I've had no discernable side effects whatsoever. I'm assuming they exist, but they are so small (to me) that I cannot pinpoint any particular one.

Mossy

What symptoms do you get low drive or shrinkage too?
What dosage?
With about a 20mg topical dose of progesterone, I tend to get decreased libido, and I can get more emotional. With an oral dose, those symptoms tend to increase.

Jack Earth

With about a 20mg topical dose of progesterone, I tend to get decreased libido, and I can get more emotional. With an oral dose, those symptoms tend to increase.
How can we get our penis and hair to coexist peacefully?
What's healthy for one seems to destroy the other

Mossy

How can we get our penis and hair to coexist peacefully?
What's healthy for one seems to destroy the other
That does seem to be the case, that to attempt to regrow hair is to battle with demasculinization.

I can also add, that one of the additional sides I get from progesterone is dry and wrinkled skin around my eyes. I would imagine it is happening elsewhere on my body, but the eyes are the most obvious area. I noticed this today after two days of trying this protocol. I do remember that being the case for me with progesterone in the past, where it makes me look more haggard. It doesn't make much sense, considering the radiance of the skin improves, but what I would call the drape and elasticity does not. At least for me.

Jack Earth

That does seem to be the case, that to attempt to regrow hair is to battle with demasculinization.

I can also add, that one of the additional sides I get from progesterone is dry and wrinkled skin around my eyes. I would imagine it is happening elsewhere on my body, but the eyes are the most obvious area. I noticed this today after two days of trying this protocol. I do remember that being the case for me with progesterone in the past, where it makes me look more haggard. It doesn't make much sense, considering the radiance of the skin improves, but what I would call the drape and elasticity does not. At least for me.p
Strange. I actually started prog 3 days ago too. I use 1 pump on scalp (10 - 15mg) it also has red clover, msm and borage oil.
I felt I can sacrifice a little of my sex drive for hair. But if I see shrinkage I'm stopping.

FitnessMike

i will be taking part in this as well, just ordered cortinon and will be using it on the small white hairs on my temples

OP
G

Gungnir

Any further updates @Gungnir ?

Are you a lean/skinny guy?
I took this last Tuesday (7/13). It is slightly longer on top than what I normally keep it at, so keep that in mind when doing comparisons of past photos. And as always, use the bloodspots as a reference.

I am a lean person. But I have the tendency to be "skinny fat" if I don't pay attention to diet and exercise.

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    728.9 KB · Views: 95

Mossy

I took this last Tuesday (7/13). It is slightly longer on top than what I normally keep it at, so keep that in mind when doing comparisons of past photos. And as always, use the bloodspots as a reference.

I am a lean person. But I have the tendency to be "skinny fat" if I don't pay attention to diet and exercise.
Thanks for the update.

I was hoping, as I'm sure you were too, that you'd be looking like Elvis by now. I would say it's worth continuing, especially considering you don't get sides.

Jack Earth

Thanks for the update.

I was hoping, as I'm sure you were too, that you'd be looking like Elvis by now. I would say it's worth continuing, especially considering you don't get sides.
I've completely stop applying prog.. wasn't feeling right. I'm going the low stress angle (lower stress hormones) I just need to find the best way to get calcium without milk

OP
G

Gungnir

I've posted my six-month results (above) of topical Progesterone and DHEA to balding areas. For the next six months of this experiment, I will be applying the topicals to both the balding areas AND the artery region that feeds the face and scalp. I've already made a thread about it and I need input from people that know more than me. Please go visit the thread if you have a chance. The reason I am going to try this new topical application location is because recently I saw an advertisement for a hair loss company that got a patent for a device you stick on that particular artery and it feeds nutrients to your hair follicles via the bloodstream. I forgot the name, but if anyone knows what I am talking about please let us know. I personally think that particular artery group could play a huge role in hair regrowth.

BrianF

Hi Gungir, you're showing very good regrowth there. Its clearly a slow process but considering (from the earliest picture) your hairloss was quite advanced, the regrowth here is remarkable.

Can I ask what product you're using?

Mossy

I've completely stop applying prog.. wasn't feeling right. I'm going the low stress angle (lower stress hormones) I just need to find the best way to get calcium without milk
Yes, I had to stop after a few tries myself. I was using DHEA and prog.

OP
G

Gungnir

Hi Gungir, you're showing very good regrowth there. Its clearly a slow process but considering (from the earliest picture) your hairloss was quite advanced, the regrowth here is remarkable.

Can I ask what product you're using?
I am using a brand called Biolabs Pro. You can find their DHEA cream (50mg) and Progesterone cream (75mg) on Amazon. I did not know about Idealabs when I began the experiment, so that is why I went with Biolabs Pro.

I agree with you though. There has definitely been progress.

OP
G

Gungnir

I am just curious, what do you mean when you say you weren't feeling right? I've tried massive doses of progesterone a few times and don't really feel anything noticeable. I've tried both topicals and big oral doses of Ray's Progest-E. I guess it's just a difference in body chemistry maybe?

Jack Earth

I am just curious, what do you mean when you say you weren't feeling right? I've tried massive doses of progesterone a few times and don't really feel anything noticeable. I've tried both topicals and big oral doses of Ray's Progest-E. I guess it's just a difference in body chemistry maybe?
Got really tired and wanted to sleep. A few times headache. I was putting one pump on my head daily but full disclosure it had borage seed oil, MSM, ginseng, and red clover in it too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals