Topical DHEA for hair loss?!?

johnwester130

Can you explain how it prevents DHEA from converting to estrogen? That is pretty significant.

According to a consultant for a major medical journal, the idea “…of dissolving progesterone, a fat soluble steroid hormone, in vitamin E which is then incorporated into chylomicrons absorbed via the lymphatics, and thus avoids the liver on the so called first pass… …is so simple it is amazing that the pharmaceutical companies have not jumped on it.” (A more sophisticated writer might have said “…stomped on it.”)

Apparently DHEA can also be absorbed into chylomicrons and this changes absorption.

Mossy

I also worried about the other ingredients at first, but I just didn’t know what else to use. These products seemed to be the easiest to experiment with.
I didn't mean to imply that it's a bad thing, to have the other ingredients, but that the other ingredients have to be considered as a possible factor in your success. Such as msm, which from my understanding is closely related to DMSO; so, it may have helped with absorption. In addition, maybe the retinol played a role as well. Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

I mention this in case someone uses a much more simplified progesterone and DHEA, which would not have those other ingredients, such as the recipe that @johnwester130 has been sharing. That was my plan, but to use isopropyl alcohol instead of ethanol, as it's much easier to get a hold of.

johnwester130

I didn't mean to imply that it's a bad thing, to have the other ingredients, but that the other ingredients have to be considered as a possible factor in your success. Such as msm, which from my understanding is closely related to DMSO; so, it may have helped with absorption. In addition, maybe the retinol played a role as well. Just thinking out loud, so to speak.

I mention this in case someone uses a much more simplified progesterone and DHEA, which would not have those other ingredients, such as the recipe that @johnwester130 has been sharing. That was my plan, but to use isopropyl alcohol instead of ethanol, as it's much easier to get a hold of.

Liquid Essences | Food Grade Ethanol | Naturally Sourced sell the alcohol you want

you can use cheap ethanol but I wouldn't want to risk it

spirytus vodka also works, it is 95%

Mossy

Liquid Essences | Food Grade Ethanol | Naturally Sourced sell the alcohol you want

you can use cheap ethanol but I wouldn't want to risk it

spirytus vodka also works, it is 95%
Thank you. I'm in a "liberal" state in the US, which makes it illegal to purchase these. I believe I can get a very potent spirit, called Everclear, but it will still have a percentage of water. Another member suggested that I want to avoid water, as it would hinder the absorption of prog and dhea. I realize, to some degree, I'll probably have to have some water in the mix, but I'm attempting to make it as minimal as possible.

johnwester130

Thank you. I'm in a "liberal" state in the US, which makes it illegal to purchase these. I believe I can get a very potent spirit, called Everclear, but it will still have a percentage of water. Another member suggested that I want to avoid water, as it would hinder the absorption of prog and dhea. I realize, to some degree, I'll probably have to have some water in the mix, but I'm attempting to make it as minimal as possible.

everclear is only 5% water, 95% alcohol,

i don't think 100% ethanol exists. ihave dissolved everything in 95% ethanol and it always worked,

Mossy

everclear is only 5% water, 95% alcohol,

i don't think 100% ethanol exists. ihave dissolved everything in 95% ethanol and it always worked,
Good point. I'm still learning about these things. I didn't realize there is no such thing as 100% ethanol. So, if I can get a hold of Everclear, that should be good.

Nebula

You can buy 50ml of pure ethanol here in the US. Maybe there are other sources that don’t require a registered business account, but it’s the only one I’ve found.

iso1

I don't see much changes in the last photos provided , but lighting is very different.

Mossy

You can buy 50ml of pure ethanol here in the US. Maybe there are other sources that don’t require a registered business account, but it’s the only one I’ve found.

Thank you. I'm guessing that is legal due to the size. But, that makes it insanely expensive. Over $23 (with shipping) for 50ml. I think looking for spirits is the way to go. I don't think I can get the 95% stuff, but I can probably get close.

FitnessMike

I’ve been doing topical progesterone and dhea cream on my widows peak areas every night before bed since I created this thread (so 4ish months now). I have these red blood spots on the skin of my widows peak (which I’ve highlighted with more red) for area reference. It’s definitely made the already existing vellus hairs thicker. I think it has increased the total amount of hairs present (or maybe that’s an illusion idk you be the judge). My hair is the same length in both pics. Exact same lighting (my chair in my office with phone pointing down at my head; typical office light bulbs). My guess is if I continue doing it the vellus hairs will darken.

What do you guys think?
Please do update us in awhile

tallglass13

I tried my best to crop the pics to give the most accurate comparison. Here are two more pics comparing my hairline when I started vs today. You can see the blood spots in my widows peak for area reference. I plan to keep doing it for atleast 6 months. If it’s promising, I’m going to start using over my entire thinning area. As for right now, I just do it on hairline + temples.
Your first set of photos I was actually skeptical, and I had been thinking to myself while driving over the last couple days how I didn't want to be that guy that never believes any photos and always is so pessimistic. But I felt that the photos were different and not accurate to see any regrowth. However, your new set of photos that show the entire scalp, you can clearly see there's more hairs and stronger hairs in your hairline and behind your hairline, and your top looks thicker as well. Thank you for posting your photos please keep posting, this is very promising

tallglass13

I just use a 3:2 ratio of Progesterone to DHEA. I use a brand called Biolabs Pro. I also use a derma stamp (1.5mm) about once a month on the same area. Also I need to add... I don't use a full pump when I put it on. I use like 1/5 of a pump of each when I apply it each night... so it lasts me a long time.

May I ask why you are not using any of ideal lab products like Cortinon, which is already in one bottle and you don't have to use two different products.
Second question please, are you derma stamping the entire scalp or just the hairline where you apply the products?

OP
G

Gungnir

Your first set of photos I was actually skeptical, and I had been thinking to myself while driving over the last couple days how I didn't want to be that guy that never believes any photos and always is so pessimistic. But I felt that the photos were different and not accurate to see any regrowth. However, your new set of photos that show the entire scalp, you can clearly see there's more hairs and stronger hairs in your hairline and behind your hairline, and your top looks thicker as well. Thank you for posting your photos please keep posting, this is very promising
Yeah, I understand your skepticism. It is actually harder than I realized to get two pics with the exact same light and angle. I am not here trying to prove anything though. If it doesn't work it doesn't work. I really have nothing to gain from providing misleading photos.

OP
G

Gungnir

May I ask why you are not using any of ideal lab products like Cortinon, which is already in one bottle and you don't have to use two different products.
Second question please, are you derma stamping the entire scalp or just the hairline where you apply the products?
When I started the experiment I didn't know anything about Idealabs. I didn't even know it existed. I probably would have used Cortinon if I was aware of it at the time.

johnwester130

I have a spare bottle of

30ml food grade alcohol
1 gram DHEA

I can send someone a free bottle to try

OP
G

Gungnir

Sorry I missed your last question.

I derma stamp the hairline only.

OP
G

Gungnir

I have a spare bottle of

30ml food grade alcohol
1 gram DHEA

I can send someone a free bottle to try
Wouldn't alcohol be really bad for your skin to apply daily? I think a lipid might be a little more skin-friendly. Just my thoughts I have never tried. I just know alcohol can be extremely drying.

tallglass13

Sorry I missed your last question.

I derma stamp the hairline only.
Well then that's pretty remarkable, because you can easily see her thickening on your crown and mid scalp as well. So I think the DHEA and progesterone are working on the entire scalp. This is a great question for Ray coming up this Friday. I'll see if I can send it to Danny, maybe someone else can send the same question so he makes sure to ask Ray "if putting a couple drops of progesterone and DHEA on the certain areas of the scalp, would affect the entire scalp?"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals