The efficacy of essential oils for hair regrowth.

Darkmortal

I’d like to know if anyone has had a successful experience with any essential oil with hair regrowth, Danny always recommend saturated fats (pretty much just coconut oil) i’ve tried it but it just does nothing regarding har regrowth, and I’ve just came across this study

That says topical Peppermint oil exceeded topical Minoxidil (3%) in hair regrowth, so did anyone try it and got positive results from it or any other essential oil?

piro444

I did and had great results
Keep in mind that I didn’t even have hair loss in the first place
I just had some laying around and decided to try it for fun
It works, smells good and I’ve noticed no sides
But, and this is important, you shouldn’t worry on “hair gain” rather your focus should be on why you’re losing hair
Meditation might help to bring awareness to your scalp and see how it goes

OP
D

Darkmortal

I did and had great results
Keep in mind that I didn’t even have hair loss in the first place
I just had some laying around and decided to try it for fun
It works, smells good and I’ve noticed no sides
But, and this is important, you shouldn’t worry on “hair gain” rather your focus should be on why you’re losing hair
Meditation might help to bring awareness to your scalp and see how it goes
Great, bouta try it, thanks for the reply.

golder

Other than Peppermint and Rosemary, has anyone read of any other essential oils helping in hair growth?

Ben.

i only ever tried them internally ... i suppose you guys use it topically? How so? 1-2 drops into some oil to dilute it? because these things are very very harsh on ... well any surface.

akgrrrl

Everyone just assumes all essential oils hold the contituents of the plant. Even though we all know that heat and mechanical pressure destroys, foments rancidity in oil etc.leaving nothing but an odor? Lavender from France was nearly all we had left in the early 1900s. For perfume. So, this ancient medicinal art, for which nations accepted mule or camel packtrains (in the hundreds) of amphora filled with carefully distilled oils for conquered country tributes, land exchanges, taxes...with hundreds of years experience. And suddenly we have Master Distillers everywhere? Access to properly grown correct botanical species? And no pesticides, spectracides?

Ras

I’d like to know if anyone has had a successful experience with any essential oil with hair regrowth, Danny always recommend saturated fats (pretty much just coconut oil) i’ve tried it but it just does nothing regarding har regrowth, and I’ve just came across this study

That says topical Peppermint oil exceeded topical Minoxidil (3%) in hair regrowth, so did anyone try it and got positive results from it or any other essential oil?
Visit any hairloss forum, and you'll read about numerous men trying and failing to regrow their hair using essential oils.

CSH

Forum Supporter
Hands down YES to essential oils helping with hair growth...and not to exclude some other oils. I have done oil treatments to my hair for growth 2 separate times a few years apart and both times have been of great success for me personally....that includes hair health, strength, length, new growth, and so on.
In regards to coconut oil....again, in my personal experience....used solo just dried it out, made it brittle and I felt like I had more fall out. But if used on combo with other oils I don't have that problem.
A recent recipe I learned of and am using is Coconut oil, Sea buckthorn, tea tree eo, clove eo, thyme eo.
I have used others in the past and had luck with them as well....Jamaican black castor oil ( GREAT for eyebrow hair growth too), Jojoba oil, rosemary eo, peppermint eo
Be sure to use high quality and organic being that its going on directly to you scalp.

Lastly, another I had great luck with (and use for eyebrows too) is from a company out of the UK...Immortal's Oil.

Hope this helps!
Happy hair growing to you!

golder

Hands down YES to essential oils helping with hair growth...and not to exclude some other oils. I have done oil treatments to my hair for growth 2 separate times a few years apart and both times have been of great success for me personally....that includes hair health, strength, length, new growth, and so on.
In regards to coconut oil....again, in my personal experience....used solo just dried it out, made it brittle and I felt like I had more fall out. But if used on combo with other oils I don't have that problem.
A recent recipe I learned of and am using is Coconut oil, Sea buckthorn, tea tree eo, clove eo, thyme eo.
I have used others in the past and had luck with them as well....Jamaican black castor oil ( GREAT for eyebrow hair growth too), Jojoba oil, rosemary eo, peppermint eo
Be sure to use high quality and organic being that its going on directly to you scalp.

Lastly, another I had great luck with (and use for eyebrows too) is from a company out of the UK...Immortal's Oil.

Hope this helps!
Happy hair growing to you!
What’s the ingredients of the immortal oil, they seem to be a bit enigmatic about it o no the website so I don’t know what it is that I’m buying. Thanks!

OP
D

Darkmortal

Hope this helps!
Happy hair growing to you
Sounds great, but if you have to use just two, an essential oil and a carrier o just for hair growth what would it be between all those you mentioned?

CSH

Forum Supporter
Sounds great, but if you have to use just two, an essential oil and a carrier o just for hair growth what would it be between all those you mentioned?
For ME..it would be the black castor oils and tea tree. Others may suggest otherwise.

CSH

Forum Supporter
What’s the ingredients of the immortal oil, they seem to be a bit enigmatic about it o no the website so I don’t know what it is that I’m buying. Thanks!
You are correct..they are quite secretive. I was hesitant to mention it for that reason, but just threw it out there as well.
I don't know that is in it either. Proceed at your own risk...LOL

MarcelZD

i only ever tried them internally ... i suppose you guys use it topically? How so? 1-2 drops into some oil to dilute it? because these things are very very harsh on ... well any surface.
In the papers I have seen peppermint and rosemary were usually used at a 1-2% concentration in a carrier oil. Higher and it would probably too harsh.

MarcelZD

Visit any hairloss forum, and you'll read about numerous men trying and failing to regrow their hair using essential oils.
I think the findings usually are that you can improve hair density by 15%+ or so. I presume that it doesn't work on parts of the scalp where the hair is already gone.

Mossy

Other than Peppermint and Rosemary, has anyone read of any other essential oils helping in hair growth?
From my notes throughout the years on essential oils for hair growth, in addition to peppermint and rosemary, I have: clove, cedar wood, lavender and eucalyptus.

For non-essential oils, I have: coconut, castor, and emu.

Mossy

I've used peppermint, clove, cedar wood, and rosemary the most consistently, and have not had any regrowth. I think they can help with the quality of the hair that one has, though.

For non-essential oils, I feel castor oil and coconut are good. Emu is expensive, and I don't know that it works any better than these two; though, the claim is that it provides deeper penetration of accompanying ingredients as a carrier oil.

Mossy

@ddjd In response to your post here, I've tried rosemary, along with other oils, and I've never had anything worth reporting. I still think it's worth trying long-term, as I only tried it for about 3 months; many a little longer.

Also, yet another before and after photo where the before photo is always higher contrast than the after photo. Without fail. I'm not knocking the legitimacy of rosemary oil for hair, I'm just tired after decades of research hardly ever seeing truly objective evaluations. I don't doubt that it has helped him, but the photos help exaggerate the results. This is not a knock on you (obviously).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals