Stimulating Hairgrowth With Oils, Sweet Basil (Ocimum Basilicum L)

akgrrrl

Isn’t this a little hypocritical? You stated two remedies for hair health without reference to a scientific study or mechanism, and then when Ras does the same you accuse him of quackery?

But I am interested in the use of spearmint/peppermint for cosmetic purposes. I messed around with smelling essential oils and the only one I really enjoyed was spearmint/peppermint...it smelled amazing! I couldn’t get enough... and I wouldn’t mind the aroma around me all the time.

How do you incorporate these oils into your hygiene?

You might really love a drop of peppermint or clove oil on a toothbrush with baking soda for the ULTIMATE peridontal care. In my opinion, manmade toothpastes with suspect ingredients waste my money and time. Both these oils are considered "hot" oils and I would never, ever put them on the skin without diluting in coconut oil. As with coconut, all are antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal. However, the chances of getting impure, diluted with PUFAs, or otherwise impure or chemical laden oils are becoming more common with the resurgence in essential oil use as aromatherapy, etc. I have some certificates that allow me the "license to touch" via bodywork with the application of aromatic botanicals of many kinds. Oils, (really a distilled ester) are such a concentrated collection of thousands of pounds of plant material, they can have a chemical profile that is off the charts or sad and full of degenerated material not good to absorb into tissues. It didn't take me long to be able to sniff out the synthetic, or diluted oil products once I was given pure botanicals with which to compare. As with foodstuffs, organic raw plant material is most desireable for distilling, and pesticides could be a problem you might not want to apply on one's underarms...

D Man

You might really love a drop of peppermint or clove oil on a toothbrush with baking soda for the ULTIMATE peridontal care. In my opinion, manmade toothpastes with suspect ingredients waste my money and time. Both these oils are considered "hot" oils and I would never, ever put them on the skin without diluting in coconut oil. As with coconut, all are antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal. However, the chances of getting impure, diluted with PUFAs, or otherwise impure or chemical laden oils are becoming more common with the resurgence in essential oil use as aromatherapy, etc. I have some certificates that allow me the "license to touch" via bodywork with the application of aromatic botanicals of many kinds. Oils, (really a distilled ester) are such a concentrated collection of thousands of pounds of plant material, they can have a chemical profile that is off the charts or sad and full of degenerated material not good to absorb into tissues. It didn't take me long to be able to sniff out the synthetic, or diluted oil products once I was given pure botanicals with which to compare. As with foodstuffs, organic raw plant material is most desireable for distilling, and pesticides could be a problem you might not want to apply on one's underarms...

Interesting thoughts

If using pure organic EOs from a trusted source, do you think that is safe to use on the skin in moderation?

I use various oils in laundry detergents with baking sofa and coconut oil - would this be a problem?

I Used to brush with peppermint oil but as you said the “hot” oil started to become too severe on my gums - my oral hygiene at that time was the best it had ever been however despite huge sugar and coffee consumption

akgrrrl

Interesting thoughts

If using pure organic EOs from a trusted source, do you think that is safe to use on the skin in moderation?

I use various oils in laundry detergents with baking sofa and coconut oil - would this be a problem?

I Used to brush with peppermint oil but as you said the “hot” oil started to become too severe on my gums - my oral hygiene at that time was the best it had ever been however despite huge sugar and coffee consumption

Yes, I have loved putting oils on the skin for various reasons with nothing but joy and good results
Oils with baking soda and coconut oil for laundry=Awesome.
I use only 1 drop of peppermint OR 1 drop of clove oil on a toothbrush wet and dipped in baking soda
I haven't flossed in ten years and my 2x yearly dental checkups are mighty boring my smile is happy.
Cedarwood oil was used for oiling men's beards and mustaches and women used it on their face and body.
The above mentioned oils for hair can be put in a recycled boxed haircolor applicator bottle. The lid has a long tip like a mustard bottle, so squeezing the oils and water directly onto the scalp can happen easily. Peppermint is stimulating for digestion, for opening up the alvioli in the lungs for a deeper breath, and a drop in a hot cup of tea is yummy. I always look to peppermint oil on my feet at the end of the day, mixed with some good balm. Lavender allows a direct application for burns and sunburns as much as for its heady antiseptic/floral scent, keeping in mind and not withstanding, the individual and any allergies or intolerances they may have, the only thing left is to do your research so each plant as herb, tincture, oil are applied with some degree of intent. Sounds like you've got some good, everday applications that you already enjoy. Lovely.

Inaut

Revisiting the comments about EO and estrogen... It makes sense to me that estrogenic effects might come from the plastic that the EOs are contained in as opposed to the oil itself. Tisserand is a good resource when it comes to EOs and I’m not concerned about estrogenic activity in the slightest. Just my two cents