Hard To Find These Essential Oils - Any Leads?

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by yerrag, Jan 12, 2020.

1. yerrag

yerrag Member

I came across this review article, about new approaches to combat biofilms from P. Gingivalis bacteria, a periodontal bacteria I'm finding ways to overcome: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5405727/pdf/zjom-9-1300366.pdf

It mentions many essential oils that I couldn't find by searching with Google. These oils are either very new, or just not being sold because they're not popular.

Does anyone here know where to find these essential oils?

Aloysia gratissima
    Muhlenbergia glomerata
    Cyperus articulatus
    Lippia sidoides
    Shiitake

Thanks!

2. SOMO

SOMO Member

1. Methylene Blue + Red Light destroy oral bacteria.
    https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S1793545811001745
    This study talks about S. Mutans, but if I had to speculate, I would assume this is a general cytotoxic/antibiotic effect, not one just limited to S. Mutans.
    2. As does Xylitol, so does Erythritol.
    Xylitol Inhibits Inflammatory Cytokine Expression Induced by Lipopolysaccharide from Porphyromonas gingivalis
    3. As does regular old Listerine (the alcoho"l kind, not the alcohol-free kind.)
    The efficacy of antimicrobial mouth rinses in oral health care. - PubMed - NCBI
    I know the Listerine brand may not seem like an objective source but: Biofilm Penetration vs CPC
    https://www.listerineprofessional.com/sites/listerinepro_us/files/biofilm_listerine_vs_cpc.jpg

4. As does Metronidazole + Amoxicillin
    Systemic antibiotic therapy in periodontics
    Comparing the Antimicrobial In Vitro Efficacy of Amoxicillin/Metronidazole against Azithromycin—A Systematic Review
    Instead of looking for these esoteric oils, maybe try simple, inexpensive and readily available remedies first?

What's that thing Occam used to shave with? ;)

3. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

Yeah, I know. But desperate times need desperate measures. Been in this rathole too long, the ordinary is just ordinary, which is pretty useless.

4. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

I doubt I'll be able to get answers here, but it's worth a try. I just wrote Linda at www.hopewelloils.com and see if she can help me. It's a nice family run store of essential oils. Got lotsa stuff but not the above items I'm looking for. She's probably the best person to ask.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Hi yerrag! I tried finding those essential oils (also tried via their common names) but had no luck. I have quite a few sites I get my essential oils from, but the closes I could find was verbena — a couple of the ones you have listed are part of the verbena family. By chance, have you tried other herbs to overcome the bacteria? I ask because I had luck treating my dog's advanced periodontal disease (was so bad I could see the roots of his canines, multiple teeth were loose and he was scheduled to have at least 4 extracted) with an herbal formula called Heal All. Within a day of taking it, his chronic halitosis was gone and within months his teeth were firmly locked in his jaw and his gums had completely regenerated — the vet gave him a clean bill of health, completely forgetting that she had him scheduled to have teeth pulled. In case this may be of help, these are the herbs used in the formula:
    • White Oak Bark
    • Plantain Leaf
    • Pau d’Arco Bark
    • Juniper Berry
    • Chaparral Herb
    • Burdock Root
    • Marshmallow Root
    • Comfrey Root & Leaf
    It's not just antimicrobial but also alkalizing and can be used as a mouth wash — held in the mouth for at least 5 minutes — and taken internally. Both my mum and I have used it to overcome tooth pain, infections and in her case, vaginal polyps. Our tooth pain was gone within the first day of taking it. I've also used a herbal antimicrobial to overcome a mold infection in 3 months that contained:
    • Pau d’ Arco bark
    • Cat’s Claw bark
    • Goldenseal root
    • Black Walnut hulls
    • Echinacea Angustifolia root
    • Olive leaf extract
    • Usnea Lichen
    • Lomatium root
    • Butternut bark
    • Thyme leaf
    • Barberry root

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Smart idea! I hope she can help. :)

7. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

Great! Thanks Jennifer. Hey, I'm not blaming you for using your dog to test things first before you use it. In fact, I learned a lot from treating my cats and then realizing that stuff really works. From your dog's testimonial, I'm going to try it! Not only do we save our pets, we save ourselves.

8. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

@Jennifer I can't find Heall All online. Where did you buy it?

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

You're welcome! :) Oh, no, sorry for the confusion. I always experiment on myself first. I had already been using the herbal formulas for a couple years with positive results before ever using them on my dog. I also spoke with my doctor (she's schooled in herbs) and contacted Dr. Morse's clinic to make sure they were safe to use on him prior to doing so.
    I buy the herbs online from places like Mountain Rose Herbs and make my own or I get the Heal All here:

Dr Robert Morse's Heal All Tea | Our Botanicals Worldwide

You probably already know this but just in case, you may want to check with your doctor first before using the Heal All, especially if you're taking any medications.

10. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

I was just kidding, Jennifer, on the pets. I'd admit though that inadvertently I had to learn some of mistakes I made in caring for my pets. Some even died. Like when I thought raw was good, but raw fish is too high in thyroid. One cat had thyroid lumps and died shortly after. Then two cats had them, and I got rid of them giving them selenium. Needless to say, I stopped feeding them raw fish, and I remove the head and innards, and I had to supplement the cooked fish with taurine. That's just one lesson.

My consolation is that the pets didn't suffer. They lived a good life, although I wish they still with me.

11. Blossom

Blossom Moderator

12. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

Grows all around here and used a lot in folk medicine. I didn't find any comercial source of essencial oil. Will ask tomorrow my wife, one of her clients is an owner of essencial oils shop.
    This one is available. First link I found Óleo Essencial de Priprioca - GT Índia - Laszlo - 10,1ml
    Grows all around right here where I am. Here is the first link I found.
    Óleo Essencial de Alecrim Pimenta 10,1ml

13. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

Thanks Blossom. That's a good source for essential oils. Will try next time around. However, I have no luck finding the EOs I'm looking for.

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Whoops! Ahh...the joys of communicating via the internet. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. That was an honest mistake. I made mistakes too. It's interesting that your cats weren't avoiding the thyroid portion of the fish when they were getting too much of it, but maybe I'm giving domesticated animals too much credit in terms of natural instincts. My cat was very particular about what she would or wouldn't eat and I thought she knew something I didn't, but who knows?

15. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

Don't you see my links?

16. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

Wow! That's awesome. Is Brazil shipping to US easy? I'll have to ship to the US to my online forwarder, who ships it to me in the Phlippines. I can't trust regular mail, especially when it's international to the Philippines.

Brazil must be special. How come your stores sell EOs the rest of the world don't sell?

17. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

18. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

You will have to talk to the shops your self. I can get you some shops numbers from São Paulo they likely speak English and shipping from SP is much easier and cheaper than from the place I am.

19. OP
    yerrag

yerrag Member

This one is perfect! Seems to grow only in Brazil, the land of the Amazon jungle, where many herbs are yet to be discovered but from what I hear, it's under threat.

20. methylenewhite

methylenewhite Member

On this link they say it's imported from India. Probably you can have it in SE Asia