Essential Oils - Inhaling

Christoph

This is a glass nebulizer sold at Amazon with very good reviews and support. It even provides service and parts, but it seems to me it stands by the quality of the product. And unlike most units, it's made in Taiwan, which is an important distinction, as I've found that Taiwan-made products are high in quality, and it makes sense for Taiwan to distinguish itself from China quality, and they've actually been able to actually do it.

Still, it's glass and it's fragile, and I don't live in the US. And I don't really trust the units sold online in the Philippines. The make and quality of products being sold is rather dubious, and I'm less enticed if the price is low. I asked a seller "I had a problem with a nebulizer as the polycarbonate-based medicine cup dissolves with my use of essential oils, and I wonder what material your medicine cup is made of." Reply: Plastic. Frustrating. You just don't know if the seller cares, or the person answering is qualified at all to answer.

So, after so much time spent online and having tried one product, and not wanting to complicate matters on this subject, I'm just going to rub the EOs on my palm, and go back to breathing in the oils with my palms cupped over my nose. Enough said. KISS

Just to clarify, was the glass nebulizer the linked item from your previous post?

Giraffe

Since we are on the discussion of nebulizing EOs, I think this would serve some function when treating respiratory viruses aka corona virus should it ever come to be a real deal. I’m a denier for now...
In the past I had to deal quite often with infections of the respiratory tract. Of all the stuff I have tried with steam, the ones I liked best and found helpful, were (1) freshly crushed garlic and (2) table salt.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Looks like a really good solution since you can breath concentrated vapors directly from the spout.
Yeah, I just have to position myself well so that I can take it all the goodness of the essential oils being vaporized, this time without the plastic material (used in pretty much all the mask-enabled nebulizers) being vaporized along with the EOs. I would use this if I were in the US. It's a hassle and costly to have to ship it to the Philippines, and I hate that the power is 110V only (But I think I can special request for a 220V though).

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I didn't see this kind of portable diffuser in Amazon, or maybe I missed it:
Diffuse on the Move

It attaches to a USB power source, with three settings _ 10, 30, and 60 seconds each time of use. It doesn't use water.

A note of caution: Some oils can damage mucosal linings, so it's good to read up on your oils. I want to use cinnamon bark and clove bud oils for their bacteriostatic effects, but will need to dilute with other oils.

Inaut

I'm really in to essential oils right now and found that inserting a cotton ball with a couple drops of EO into my nostril allows for quick effects without the need of a diffuser. I'd use non sensitizing oils just to make sure theirs no issues. Try it out and let me know your thoughts.

Right now I'm sniffing cedarwood oil :)

Jennifer

I'm really in to essential oils right now and found that inserting a cotton ball with a couple drops of EO into my nostril allows for quick effects without the need of a diffuser. I'd use non sensitizing oils just to make sure theirs no issues. Try it out and let me know your thoughts.

Right now I'm sniffing cedarwood oil :)
I started doing this, too! I use peppermint oil this way when I have a stuffy nose. I also do something similar when my ears get stuffed up and start popping from wearing my earbuds too much. I apply a mixture of tea tree and coconut oil in my ears and put cotton balls in them to keep the oil from oozing out. I even had success doing this with my dog when she was having breathing issues. I applied the same mixture once and for the next three days, I was clearing out tons of black gunk/infection from her ears with cotton swabs and her breathing normalized. I love essential oils and absolutes!

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag did you find any benefit to huffing the EOs?
No. I wanted sustained action, and I can't be holding on and breathing the smelling salts all day.

I bought a diffuser to use at night. It would work better, as I would breathe the EOs as diffused as I sleep. But it's wasteful as a lot of the oil is diffused elsewhere and EOs are not cheap.

So I have to try making and using my own suppositories with EOs in them. Hope to get started soon on it.

Philomath

I've dabbled in a few essential oils for the past year. Until lately, my use of these essential oils has been limited to breathing water mist that's infused with them. When I sleep, I would breathe them in. While it feels good, I have this feeling that I'm not really deriving much benefit from using them, but this is mainly based on my feeling. Yet I always have this feeling that a lot of the essential oil goes to waste. Most of the mist from the diffuser doesn't go directly to me, but is spread around the room. So, maybe why I don't get these benefits, other than the feel good effect, is that the method of delivery is simply ineffective.

Please share comments and advise in case I have missed something. Thanks.
I know this is a relatively old post, but have you seen these essential oil “portable aromatherapy pens” called Monq

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals