Topical Minoxidil Analog

Orius

Hi everyone.

tl;dr I am looking for a recipe for topical caffeine to try in place of minoxidil... or any other topical recipe that someone can recommend to increase blood flow in a healthier way than minoxidil does.

My battle with MPD does not go well. My vertex balding is increasing every month, although the front is unaffected. I feel though that eventually the back will encompass the front and I'll just have to shave my head.

On the plus side, I have put my auto-immune condition into remission. My lifestyle is pretty optimal these days. Good diet, going to the gym 2-3 weekly, finally back in the dating game. Unfortunately, the healthier I become, the faster the balding happens. I know it's a natural process, but it's really causing a lot of heartache. I think MPD is very disfiguring and nobody in my life is supportive of me trying to stop it. They just keep referencing famous bald men who they think are hot, or they tell me that I have a nice shaped head so I'll still look good without hair. I don't care though, I don't want to go bald if I can help it.

I've discounted using finasteride. It's not worth messing with my hormone system. I was about to try minoxidil, but some men say that the initial shed it causes actually makes the MPD worse if you ever stop using it. Also it's basically a blood pressure med with unknown mechanisms. Plus it's expensive.

The other forums on MPD that are very pro-finasteride keep telling me not to waste my time on other things because I will just lose ground, but I am chemically sensitive and I just know that those pharmaceuticals will mess me up. They also say that a topical circulatory stimulant like minoxidil doesn't work on its own and you need a DHT inhibitor. Well, I would rather go bald than inhibit my DHT.

If anyone can point to some recipes for topical caffeine or others, I'd be willing to give that a try. I have access to pure ethanol, too. I previously used topical peppermint and rosemary oil on my vertex 2x daily but I think they inhibited DHT because it started to make me depressed.

Thanks in advance :)

ShotTrue

Hi everyone.

tl;dr I am looking for a recipe for topical caffeine to try in place of minoxidil... or any other topical recipe that someone can recommend to increase blood flow in a healthier way than minoxidil does.

My battle with MPD does not go well. My vertex balding is increasing every month, although the front is unaffected. I feel though that eventually the back will encompass the front and I'll just have to shave my head.

On the plus side, I have put my auto-immune condition into remission. My lifestyle is pretty optimal these days. Good diet, going to the gym 2-3 weekly, finally back in the dating game. Unfortunately, the healthier I become, the faster the balding happens. I know it's a natural process, but it's really causing a lot of heartache. I think MPD is very disfiguring and nobody in my life is supportive of me trying to stop it. They just keep referencing famous bald men who they think are hot, or they tell me that I have a nice shaped head so I'll still look good without hair. I don't care though, I don't want to go bald if I can help it.

I've discounted using finasteride. It's not worth messing with my hormone system. I was about to try minoxidil, but some men say that the initial shed it causes actually makes the MPD worse if you ever stop using it. Also it's basically a blood pressure med with unknown mechanisms. Plus it's expensive.

The other forums on MPD that are very pro-finasteride keep telling me not to waste my time on other things because I will just lose ground, but I am chemically sensitive and I just know that those pharmaceuticals will mess me up. They also say that a topical circulatory stimulant like minoxidil doesn't work on its own and you need a DHT inhibitor. Well, I would rather go bald than inhibit my DHT.

If anyone can point to some recipes for topical caffeine or others, I'd be willing to give that a try. I have access to pure ethanol, too. I previously used topical peppermint and rosemary oil on my vertex 2x daily but I think they inhibited DHT because it started to make me depressed.

Yes those were estrogenic oils
Caffeine sounds fine, they make caffeine shampoo

brix

Solban from Idealabs is a topical caffeine/B3/aspirin liquid. Check it out.

LeeLemonoil

Yes those were estrogenic oils
Caffeine sounds fine, they make caffeine shampoo

Rosemary oil is mostly camphor. Hardly estrogenic.
Peppermint neither. There are some indications that watery Leaf extract of P has some estrogenic properties, but EOs are a very different matter.

Cedrol from Virginian cedar oil is as effective as cyclosporine and minox in murine studies. I’d opt for that and caffeine

ShotTrue

Rosemary oil is mostly camphor. Hardly estrogenic.
Peppermint neither. There are some indications that watery Leaf extract of P has some estrogenic properties, but EOs are a very different matter.

Cedrol from Virginian cedar oil is as effective as cyclosporine and minox in murine studies. I’d opt for that and caffeine
Why is essential oil a different matter?

lampofred

Hi everyone.

I have several posts about how I reversed hair loss years ago. High dose caffeine and aspirin, gelatin, red light, low PUFA, fructose instead of starch, NoFap, high calcium to phosphate ratio, Vitamins D, E, K, avoiding high copper foods like liver all helped. I no longer lose any hairs in the shower at all.

OP
O

Orius

I have several posts about how I reversed hair loss years ago. High dose caffeine and aspirin, gelatin, red light, low PUFA, fructose instead of starch, NoFap, high calcium to phosphate ratio, Vitamins D, E, K, avoiding high copper foods like liver all helped. I no longer lose any hairs in the shower at all.

Hmmm I already do most of that, except I take liver pills daily. Maybe I should stop doing that. They're just so rich in vitamins, I'm not sure of a better alternative.

For the high dose caffeine and aspirin, was it topical or oral?

OP
O

Orius

I've ordered some topical caffeine products, like Solban. I'm wondering if I'll feel a buzz from caffeine if I apply it to my head? If so, maybe I should do it in the morning?

I'm pretty sensitive to stimulants.

OP
O

Orius

I've seen some of that guys videos and I don't take him very seriously. He doesn't have MPB so he isn't really talking from experience. Lots of theorizing based on stuff he's read meanwhile some of us have very little time to save our hair. He can afford to spin theories all day because he has his hair.

jackson1

I have several posts about how I reversed hair loss years ago. High dose caffeine and aspirin, gelatin, red light, low PUFA, fructose instead of starch, NoFap, high calcium to phosphate ratio, Vitamins D, E, K, avoiding high copper foods like liver all helped. I no longer lose any hair in the shower at all.

Hi @lampofred . I'm happy for you that you found something that really helped you stop losing your hair any more. Can I ask you some questions?
Is the halt of your shed still ongoing? What about the place you live? You also don't go through the seasonality at all? I live in Toronto and every winter is terrible no matter how hard I try to keep my hair loss at bay...

I started the basic routines of RP diet and protocols a couple of weeks ago with more than a year of minimum PUFA consumption. But I don't see my hair loss subsiding at all, and in fact, I've never been this worst in my life. I'm 39 yo male and I'm kind of noticing a cosmetic change of my hair too...

Could you please elaborate on your protocol or at least post the link anytime possible? Thank you so much in advance.

lampofred

Hi @lampofred . I'm happy for you that you found something that really helped you stop losing your hair any more. Can I ask you some questions?
Is the halt of your shed still ongoing? What about the place you live? You also don't go through the seasonality at all? I live in Toronto and every winter is terrible no matter how hard I try to keep my hair loss at bay...

I started the basic routines of RP diet and protocols a couple of weeks ago with more than a year of minimum PUFA consumption. But I don't see my hair loss subsiding at all, and in fact, I've never been this worst in my life. I'm 39 yo male and I'm kind of noticing a cosmetic change of my hair too...

Could you please elaborate on your protocol or at least post the link anytime possible? Thank you so much in advance.

Yes my hair has stopped shedding for a while now. I don't experience seasonality but high radiation areas do cause my hair to get limp and wiry but it gets better in a day as soon as I go into the suburbs. I think suddenly increasing calcium can worsen hair loss so the milk intake has to be increased gradually but once you are able to absorb the calcium properly, milk becomes the best food. The most important things for me were completely avoiding PUFA, eating sugar instead of starch (sugar displaces stored PUFA), donating blood to reduce iron and avoiding fortified iron in food, drinking around 15 cups of dark roast coffee a day to detox stored PUFA, taking 2 aspirins a day (along with vitamin K) to turn off prostaglandin formation, taking vitamin E while getting rid of stored PUFA to protect against the damage it can cause on its way out of the body, keeping protein intake high (milk, low PUFA eggs, liver - chicken liver instead of calf liver at first because excess copper can cause problems like excess calcium if metabolism is not fast enough, oysters, gelatin) and using whole milk instead of low-fat milk at first because the fat protects against calcium overload if metabolism can't handle the calcium directly, NoFap, avoiding alcohol, taking shorter showers and avoiding hot water on head.

If aspirin and caffeine end up worsening hair loss then I would guess that excess iron, low b-vitamins (especially B6), possibly low vitamin D are involved and donating blood, eating more liver + vit D supplementation should help. But if nutrient status is good, my personal experience is that aspirin and coffee steadily make hair better day by day.

jackson1

Yes my hair has stopped shedding for a while now. I don't experience seasonality but high radiation areas do cause my hair to get limp and wiry but it gets better in a day as soon as I go into the suburbs. I think suddenly increasing calcium can worsen hair loss so the milk intake has to be increased gradually but once you are able to absorb the calcium properly, milk becomes the best food. The most important things for me were completely avoiding PUFA, eating sugar instead of starch (sugar displaces stored PUFA), donating blood to reduce iron and avoiding fortified iron in food, drinking around 15 cups of dark roast coffee a day to detox stored PUFA, taking 2 aspirins a day (along with vitamin K) to turn off prostaglandin formation, taking vitamin E while getting rid of stored PUFA to protect against the damage it can cause on its way out of the body, keeping protein intake high (milk, low PUFA eggs, liver - chicken liver instead of calf liver at first because excess copper can cause problems like excess calcium if metabolism is not fast enough, oysters, gelatin) and using whole milk instead of low-fat milk at first because the fat protects against calcium overload if metabolism can't handle the calcium directly, NoFap, avoiding alcohol, taking shorter showers and avoiding hot water on head.

If aspirin and caffeine end up worsening hair loss then I would guess that excess iron, low b-vitamins (especially B6), possibly low vitamin D are involved and donating blood, eating more liver + vit D supplementation should help. But if nutrient status is good, my personal experience is that aspirin and coffee steadily make hair better day by day.

Thank you so much for your comment @lampofred . I think that's such great advice. I'd better change things slowly which is obviously very important for sure... Milk has been my favorite drink ever since I was a kid. That said, I've also been away from it for a year. So I'd also take a moderate step on it.

Speaking of eggs, this brand has been the main source for me that I buy at wholefoods here in Toronto. But I'm not sure whether they're high PUFA ones... Is there any way to figure it out?

And I'm not familiar with NoFap. Could you also explain what that is?

Attachments

• 20200221_180618840.jpg
    20200221_180618840.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 12
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals