The Ancestral Indigenous Diet: A Whole Foods Meat-Based Carnivore Diet

FoodForeal

Wondering if anybody is familiar with or buys from frankie's website regularly and can vouch for the quality of his products.

"
The Ancestral Indigenous Diet is based upon the forgotten wisdom of our Carnivorous past. It teaches a traditional way of eating and nutrition principles that naturally allow us to achieve weight loss, longevity, overall health, and — most importantly — happiness.

High-quality animal foods are the foundation of it all. Similar to a Carnivore Diet, we prize grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and eggs, pasture-raised pork, wild-caught fish, raw grass-fed dairy, and high-quality wild plant foods prepared in the traditional way.

When you incorporate these foods and adopt native eating concepts, you will overcome all of the “health food” misconceptions and industry lies that we’ve been fed for decades. No more chicken, rice, and broccoli dinners. No more kale smoothies after the gym. No more sprinkling chia seeds in your oatmeal in the morning. No more endless hours of cardio on the treadmill. No more taking every supplement under the sun to sleep.

All it takes is the willingness to unlearn conventional wisdom, prioritize essential nutrients, and embrace our ancestral history. This book will be your guide. And the result will be a new lifestyle that puts natural health above everything else.
"

Ritchie

Sure, if you want a recipe for extreme levels of stress hormones and survival mode bodily reactions. Completely at odds with where Peat stands on nutrition. Completely at odds with basic human physiology.

OP
F

FoodForeal

Sure, if you want a recipe for extreme levels of stress hormones and survival mode bodily reactions. Completely at odds with where Peat stands on nutrition. Completely at odds with basic human physiology.
I agree solely carne is stressful. It says "Similar to a Carnivore Diet". That's not even why I made the thread, I want to know if he is a reputable supplier with good products from anybody who has ordered from him before.

"High-quality animal foods are the foundation of it all. Similar to a Carnivore Diet, we prize grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and eggs, pasture-raised pork, wild-caught fish, raw grass-fed dairy, and high-quality wild plant foods prepared in the traditional way."

The ideal diet is pasture raised meat, raw pasture raised dairy and its derivatives, and organic fruit with some organic vegetables according to your liking.

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Frank Tufano no longer eats a carnivore diet because of chronic iron overload that he developed from eating a red meat based diet.

He has done videos where he talked about zinc-induced copper deficiency leading to pathological iron storage in the tissue.

He seems to have fixed that problem by frequent blood donations and copper supplementation. But it took him a pretty long time.

He now eats whole grains, vegetables, legumes, lean meats.. basically a mixed diet. (which is pretty identical to my diet haha)

He inspired me to get blood work done (Full Monty Iron Panel) and I indeed also have zinc-induced copper deficiency. Coming from the carnivore-background myself, I was eating on average 2 lbs of lean beef a day.

OP
F

FoodForeal

A little pasture raised muscle meat and organs, raw pasture raised dairy and its derivatives, and organic fruit. These are the staples, the foundation. Then I eat whatever else I want to. Because my body is such low inflammatory profile I can tell if something doesn't sit right and I just don't eat it again taking into account the context it was consumed in. Eventually I might try it again to give it a chance at a different time in a different body state and context. This allows my body and brain to form cravings if a certain food happens to fill a specific nutrient requirement because I am sampling the food space as widely as possible. The craving pops up when my body needs something specific and I satisfy it. Meat requirements tend to be small if you have access to as much organic fruit and raw pasture raised rotationally grazed dairy as you desire to consume.

Yes, frequently—every 1–3 months for over a decade now. My numbers look their best on a low-fat fruitarian diet and now a lacto-fruit diet (400+ g of carbs from skimmed goat milk, melon and grape juices, sukkari dates, freeze-dried mango, dragon fruit and custard apple, honey and Thai coconut water) and their worst on a traditional vegetarian diet abundant in grains and legumes and heavy meat diets (WAPF and both raw and cooked dairy-free carnivore).
One thing I think people don't appreciate is how little meat you'll crave on a dairy-fruit diet. I almost lost my meat craving when eating this way, with my only "meat" being shrimp at dinnertime, occasionally some chicken. Maybe twice a month beef, and I wasn't even really craving it, I just wanted to taste it again.
Yep, I skim my goat milk myself. I used to use a cream separator until I realized that the milk will separate on its own if left to sit in the fridge. It just takes a bit longer than raw cow’s milk—usually about 5 days for me. The farm I get my milk from refills my 1 liter ball jars so when I get them home, I stick a straw in them and when they’re done separating, I just drink from the bottom until I hit the cream line. Super simple and far cheaper than a cream separator. lol

That has been my experience, though, I’ve never been one to crave much meat and honestly never liked most forms of it except for crab and scallops so I’m not sure how it would be for those who love it. What surprises me is how little protein I need from milk to experience its benefits, particularly with maintaining my muscle mass. I’m currently having no more than a liter a day and still maintaining.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I haven’t tried his products. I know you can get grass fed beef organ supplements and natural handmade soap at a decent price from Life Giving Store though. As a repeat customer I do trust their quality.

OP
F

FoodForeal

I haven’t tried his products. I know you can get grass fed beef organ supplements and natural handmade soap at a decent price from Life Giving Store though. As a repeat customer I do trust their quality.
Thanks for the recommendation, will look into it. I want to make my own soap eventually and buy whole pasture raised cows organs and all so these sites will only be temporary until I find local options.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the recommendation, will look into it. I want to make my own soap eventually and buy whole pasture raised cows organs and all so these sites will only be temporary until I find local options.
You’re welcome. Yes, I feel the same. I have a local farm I’ve been getting my meat from for quite a while and like to make most of my own health and beauty products. I’ve never got around to making soap yet though. 4 bars from LGS lasts me about a year.

GreekDemiGod

Tufano is a nice guy, but he is doing exactly what Paul Saladino has done. They quite strict carnivore, and now they try to spin their animal/ancestral-based diet/ lifestyle, because they are profit financially from their products, programs, or consulting.

Jennifer

A little pasture raised muscle meat and organs, raw pasture raised dairy and its derivatives, and organic fruit. These are the staples, the foundation. Then I eat whatever else I want to. Because my body is such low inflammatory profile I can tell if something doesn't sit right and I just don't eat it again taking into account the context it was consumed in. Eventually I might try it again to give it a chance at a different time in a different body state and context. This allows my body and brain to form cravings if a certain food happens to fill a specific nutrient requirement because I am sampling the food space as widely as possible. The craving pops up when my body needs something specific and I satisfy it. Meat requirements tend to be small if you have access to as much organic fruit and raw pasture raised rotationally grazed dairy as you desire to consume.

Yes, that has been my experience, though, even as a little girl, I didn’t care much for meat. If a person craves a lot of meat despite getting enough protein from other sources, my guess is they need it.

Yep, I skim my goat milk myself. I used to use a cream separator until I realized that the milk will separate on its own if left to sit in the fridge. It just takes a bit longer than raw cow’s milk—usually about 5 days for me. The farm I get my milk from refills my 1 liter ball jars so when I get them home, I stick a straw in them and when they’re done separating, I just drink from the bottom until I hit the cream line. Super simple and far cheaper than a cream separator. lol

That has been my experience, though, I’ve never been one to crave much meat and honestly never liked most forms of it except for crab and scallops so I’m not sure how it would be for those who love it. What surprises me is how little protein I need from milk to experience its benefits, particularly with maintaining my muscle mass. I’m currently having no more than a liter a day and still maintaining.

I don’t know if it’s because I wasn’t under the kind of stress I’m under now when I wrote that, but I currently need at least 2 liters of milk to maintain my muscle mass. I’m also needing a lot more fat for my mental well-being. I stopped skimming my milk and I’m consuming lots of full-fat yogurt and cheese.

I think it’s wise of you to honor your cravings. I’ve never bought products from Frankie’s website, but I am familiar with it. There are lots of pasture-based farms and orchards where I live, as well as the seacoast, so I’m able to source most of my food locally, but I have bought from these companies before:

NanMitch

Wondering if anybody is familiar with or buys from frankie's website regularly and can vouch for the quality of his products.

"
The Ancestral Indigenous Diet is based upon the forgotten wisdom of our Carnivorous past. It teaches a traditional way of eating and nutrition principles that naturally allow us to achieve weight loss, longevity, overall health, and — most importantly — happiness.

High-quality animal foods are the foundation of it all. Similar to a Carnivore Diet, we prize grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and eggs, pasture-raised pork, wild-caught fish, raw grass-fed dairy, and high-quality wild plant foods prepared in the traditional way.

When you incorporate these foods and adopt native eating concepts, you will overcome all of the “health food” misconceptions and industry lies that we’ve been fed for decades. No more chicken, rice, and broccoli dinners. No more kale smoothies after the gym. No more sprinkling chia seeds in your oatmeal in the morning. No more endless hours of cardio on the treadmill. No more taking every supplement under the sun to sleep.

All it takes is the willingness to unlearn conventional wisdom, prioritize essential nutrients, and embrace our ancestral history. This book will be your guide. And the result will be a new lifestyle that puts natural health above everything else.
"
I love Dr. Peat’s response to these diets: “some people have an imaginary history of the world.” However, if it works for you, than that’s great.

animalcule

Tufano is a nice guy, but he is doing exactly what Paul Saladino has done. They quite strict carnivore, and now they try to spin their animal/ancestral-based diet/ lifestyle, because they are profit financially from their products, programs, or consulting.
Agreed, except to say that Tufano is also pretty narcissistic imo — he essentially claimed that his carnivore diet principles were being stolen and reused by other carnivore YouTubers, and that carnivore influencers who claimed conventional beef was fine were shills for Cargill. He thought doctors who were relaying info from the relevant research were stealing his ideas. It was nuts.

Carnivore is a terrible diet, Tufano learned this the hard way (after preaching it’s gospel for years) but he built his business around grass fed meat products so he can’t completely abandon those ideas.

Also, if I were a smidge more cynical I’d wonder if OP made this thread almost as an advertisement for Tufano’s business. It’s definitely not a Peaty diet.

OP
F

FoodForeal

Agreed, except to say that Tufano is also pretty narcissistic imo — he essentially claimed that his carnivore diet principles were being stolen and reused by other carnivore YouTubers, and that carnivore influencers who claimed conventional beef was fine were shills for Cargill. He thought doctors who were relaying info from the relevant research were stealing his ideas. It was nuts.

Carnivore is a terrible diet, Tufano learned this the hard way (after preaching it’s gospel for years) but he built his business around grass fed meat products so he can’t completely abandon those ideas.

Also, if I were a smidge more cynical I’d wonder if OP made this thread almost as an advertisement for Tufano’s business. It’s definitely not a Peaty diet.
I'm pretty new to this forum and I haven't watched many of Tufano's videos. I happened upon one of his videos when searching for grassfed vs grainfed cow videos:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILmZnbq6jr8

Even if grainfed cows were healthy to eat, they are unhealthy and I choose not to support those who raise or distribute grainfed cows because that would bring more suffering unhealthy cows into existence. It's good to advocate against grainfed, factory farmed, "conventional" beef because grainfed cows are unhealthy and they require monoculture agriculture which degrades the soil rather than regenerating it through rotational grazing and simultaneous manure fertilization.

I did have some intent to advertise since I haven't seen many online businesses that recognize the importance of pasture raised muscle meats and organ meats for the health of the animals and us, so I wanted to make sure people knew about it as an option in addition to finding out if anybody has bought from him before.

If we're going to eat animals they should live the best, healthiest lives they can because I think that makes us (we are what we eat) live the best, healthiest lives we can if we do choose to include them in our diet. They should be slaughtered in a way that they never know what's coming in the environment that they lived in for their whole lives:
View: https://youtu.be/7IQP5aXEXJo?t=237

This makes the animals happy and virtually no one should be less happy with pasture raised meats as I have described than they are with factory farmed meats, even vegans/vegetarians.

OP
F

FoodForeal

I don't fault someone for doing a carnivore diet especially if it is pasture raised. Muscle and organ meat is highly nutrient dense and has pretty much everything you could need as long as you include fat. Obviously eating only meat will cause problems eventually but it shows good intuition to go for a carnivore diet when we are so discouraged from meat eating by conventional wisdom.

Kvothe

I don't fault someone for doing a carnivore diet especially if it is pasture raised. Muscle and organ meat is highly nutrient dense and has pretty much everything you could need as long as you include fat. Obviously eating only meat will cause problems eventually but it shows good intuition to go for a carnivore diet when we are so discouraged from meat eating by conventional wisdom.

Nothing about popular carnivor diets is natural. If you want to make it somewhat akin to what people might have eaten in the past, you have to include eating small bones for calcium, thyroid glands for extra thyroid, and include fresh parts still containing glycogen. Eating mostly meat and fat, even if it is grass-fed or whatever is just a recipe for disaster.

OP
F

FoodForeal

Nothing about popular carnivor diets is natural. If you want to make it somewhat akin to what people might have eaten in the past, you have to include eating small bones for calcium, thyroid glands for extra thyroid, and include fresh parts still containing glycogen. Eating mostly meat and fat, even if it is grass-fed or whatever is just a recipe for disaster.
Yes. I'm just saying that recognizing meat as a nutrient rich pretty much nutritionally complete food is a good start. It will cause excesses at some point. Yes, you should try to eat the whole animal and like I said, ample dairy and fruit reduce your requirement for meat.

Last edited:
B

BRBsavinWorld

"

"
Back when i was carnivore, I used his site, I trust it’s quality but have since found cheaper, extreme quality, local products. So if you need an internet source, I think he’s great

OP
F

FoodForeal

Back when i was carnivore, I used his site, I trust it’s quality but have since found cheaper, extreme quality, local products. So if you need an internet source, I think he’s great
Thanks for the reply, yes I'm looking for temporary internet sources until I find local sources.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Thanks for the reply, yes I'm looking for temporary internet sources until I find local sources.
Of course. I bought some stuff from him a long time ago (forgot what), and it was definitely of the high quality foraged, grass fed products, that I get at the moment from a local guy. I really trust it.

He’s the first one who brought to my attention that well foraged animal products will have way more beneficial nutrient profiles

aniciete

I'm pretty new to this forum and I haven't watched many of Tufano's videos. I happened upon one of his videos when searching for grassfed vs grainfed cow videos:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILmZnbq6jr8

Even if grainfed cows were healthy to eat, they are unhealthy and I choose not to support those who raise or distribute grainfed cows because that would bring more suffering unhealthy cows into existence. It's good to advocate against grainfed, factory farmed, "conventional" beef because grainfed cows are unhealthy and they require monoculture agriculture which degrades the soil rather than regenerating it through rotational grazing and simultaneous manure fertilization.

I did have some intent to advertise since I haven't seen many online businesses that recognize the importance of pasture raised muscle meats and organ meats for the health of the animals and us, so I wanted to make sure people knew about it as an option in addition to finding out if anybody has bought from him before.

If we're going to eat animals they should live the best, healthiest lives they can because I think that makes us (we are what we eat) live the best, healthiest lives we can if we do choose to include them in our diet. They should be slaughtered in a way that they never know what's coming in the environment that they lived in for their whole lives:
View: https://youtu.be/7IQP5aXEXJo?t=237

This makes the animals happy and virtually no one should be less happy with pasture raised meats as I have described than they are with factory farmed meats, even vegans/vegetarians.

What do you think of grain fed milk vs 100% grass fed milk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals