TAURINE The Key To Restoring Metabolic Function?

FitnessMike

this morning took around 2grams and it really lowers stress hormones, it's prominent in my case as i still run on them heavily, its unplesant but maye its good long term for for hypothyrodism?

equipoise

this morning took around 2grams and it really lowers stress hormones, it's prominent in my case as i still run on them heavily, its unplesant but maye its good long term for for hypothyrodism?
It's better to be a bit tired than amp the already fragile nervous system

FitnessMike

It's better to be a bit tired than amp the already fragile nervous system
Thanks this kind of answer i wanted to hear lol, the only argument i would have is that it probably could lower already suboptimal cortisol right?

JamesGatz

I like Taurine - I don't supplement it that much but it saves my liver when my liver is feeling overwhelmed - usually this happens when I drink too much full fat milk or eat too much full fat cheese - my skin develops a yellow tint and I feel very bad - Taurine saves me from this situation

FitnessMike

I like Taurine - I don't supplement it that much but it saves my liver when my liver is feeling overwhelmed - usually this happens when I drink too much full fat milk or eat too much full fat cheese - my skin develops a yellow tint and I feel very bad - Taurine saves me from this situation
When i was using it a few months ago i could feel it was benefiting me re glycogen and stress reduction i believe, but eventually, it caused me super wide, i was taking too much probably, i started again today 800mg with breakfast, maybe it'll work better now as I'm taking some thyroid and having coffees. No idea why it was causing insomnia tho.

Amazoniac

- Loss of Ability To Self-Heal Malaria upon Taurine Transporter Deletion

Abstract said:
Deletion of the taurine transporter gene (taut) results in lowered levels of taurine, the most abundant amino acid in mammals. Here, we show that taut−/− mice have lost their ability to self-heal blood-stage infections with Plasmodium chabaudi malaria. All taut−/− mice succumb to infections during crisis, while about 90% of the control taut+/+ mice survive. The latter retain unchanged taurine levels even at peak parasitemia. Deletion of taut, however, results in the lowering of circulating taurine levels from 540 to 264 μmol/liter, and infections cause additional lowering to 192 μmol/liter. Peak parasitemia levels in taut−/− mice are approximately 60% higher than those in taut+/+ mice, an elevation that is associated with increased systemic tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α) and interleukin-1β (IL-1β) levels, as well as with liver injuries. The latter manifest as increased systemic ammonia levels, a perturbed capacity to entrap injected particles, and increased expression of genes encoding TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6, inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), NF-κB, and vitamin D receptor (VDR). Autopsy reveals multiorgan failure as the cause of death for malaria-infected taut−/− mice. Our data indicate that taut-controlled taurine homeostasis is essential for resistance to P. chabaudi malaria. Taurine deficiency due to taut deletion, however, impairs the eryptosis of P. chabaudi-parasitized erythrocytes and expedites increases in systemic TNF-α, IL-1β, and ammonia levels, presumably contributing to multiorgan failure in P. chabaudi-infected taut−/− mice.

GreekDemiGod

I've been taking Taurine powder, up to 5g daily oral dose for a couple of weeks. Was hoping to achieve some hair regrowth with it, so far it hasn't happened.

P

Peatness

Causes of Taurine Deficiency

• Many people don’t regularly produce high levels of an enzyme needed to produce taurine, called cysteinsulfinic decarboxylase. If you’re low on this enzyme, you will have to depend on dietary sources (i.e. eggs, fish, and meat) to increase your taurine levels.
  • Food sources that contain monosodium glutamate (MSG)—a food additive that is used to intensify the flavor of processed foods—can degrade taurine and lead to a taurine deficiency. Food labeling regulations don’t require MSG to be labeled, which means that it can even be hidden in the foods you eat.
  • Your body may not make enough taurine due to a deficiency in cysteine and methionine—amino acids that make taurine in your body. A deficiency in zinc, vitamin A, and pyridoxal-5-phosphate (an active form of vitamin B6) may also contribute to a taurine deficiency.
  • Candida (a fungal infection caused by yeast) produces an amino acid called beta-alanine. This competes with taurine for reabsorption in the kidney and can result in taurine loss through your urine.

-Luke-

I've been taking Taurine powder, up to 5g daily oral dose for a couple of weeks. Was hoping to achieve some hair regrowth with it, so far it hasn't happened.
Have you noticed other changes, more calmness for example?

ElenaB

I quit because it worked while I was taking it, and I was hoping I didn't need it any more, but the other day I drank some milk and I got a terrible migraine and bloating within 12 hours, so I went back on lysine. I just like how I feel on it better, even though at first it seemed to make me tire easily, I have NO depression when i'm on it, NO bloating, and 2 months later I can be active now without getting too tired (though there is a limit).
Hi Nate, still figuring a lot out and I'm curious if you are able to explain the connection between your reaction to milk and lysine and why lysine helps with that...or point me toward an article or another post that explains this, thank you!

ElenaB

I forget if you have tried Diamant.
If you put some on your temples and jugular veins area and go for a walk. Remind yourself to spread your vision out as far peripherally as possible, don't look down, smile. Check out how beautiful everything is.
What is Diamant? any source websites? googled it and now just more confused. thanks!

FitnessMike

Around 4-5 grams taurine a day caused me serious sleep problems after a few days of use. Like not being able to sleep until 5am

1-2 grams seem to be ok.

It is quite androgenic also.
I wonder what the mechanism that causes insomnia is, could it increase methylation?

Last edited:

moa

i took (again) taurine 2g, and after 2 days i woke up with gallbladder pain that lasted all day, then next day i had a not well formed and irritating bowel movement.

i don't remember having that in the past when taking taurine even at 2g per day, i think is just when you stop taking it to slow in the beginning.

I think the was too much bile, i think it's careful to start with less than 1g every 2 days with fiber, and then increase slowly after a few days.

Sapien

I recommend getting taurine from food (scallops and/or clams are a great source), as Peat has cautioned from taking amino acid supplements,Since most are derived from gmo mold organisms and Peat says they cannot fully remove the mold particles

Mossy

Around 4-5 grams taurine a day caused me serious sleep problems after a few days of use. Like not being able to sleep until 5am

1-2 grams seem to be ok.

It is quite androgenic also.

I wonder what the mechanism that causes insomnia is, could it increase methylation?
I was going through my notes on taurine and thought you'd find this comment from @REOSIRENS on this exact topic interesting:

"Taurine causes insomnia because it lowers blood sugar levels sometimes causing hypoglycemia ... If you are deficient of Glycine/Magnesium and Beta Alanine so then you will experience insomnia... Take taurine with magnesium and you will not have these problems

PS: taurine lowers copper as well"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals