SwissTemples' approach to hair loss

Sheik

There's a guy who claims to have regrown hair on his temples using a combination of things that most of us have probably never heard of using for hair loss. UVB sunburns, castor oil, dermaneedling, lithium chloride, sulfasalazine, and other things. I'm still trying to figure out his regimen.

Here's a shot showing some progress. That ought to get a conversation going. I know a lot of us ended up here because of hair loss.

XS9J0aK.jpg

Here's his blog:
http://swisstemples.blogspot.com/2015/0 ... gress.html

Posthuman

Interesting. It seems his use of pge2 and wounding etc are not Peaty, but maybe necessary to induce growth - so could be used initially then dropped from the regime.

The prostaglandin blocking follows Danny Roddy's thinking, but the pro PGE2 etc goes against it. I wonder how Danny would counter this? Perhaps there's a Peat alternative to stimulate growth without the estrogenic effect?

Meanwhile the laser helmet guy has a full head of hair :cool:

mujuro

Forum Supporter
OMG's helmet seems to work the best, and he has good coverage over his scalp, but his hair quality is still bad. It looks dry and thin. Which to me says that he still has problems with hormones, metabolism, physiological stresses or whatever it is causing the bad hair quality.

it seems he is blocking PGE2 receptor and that is the biggest part of his regimen. i don't know if it's safe or not though.... this is what he says:

I suggest picking one of these solutions to fix the PGD2 problem:
Use a PTGDS inhibitor to break the conversion of PGH2 to PGD2. These are still somewhat exotic and expensive, thus not really feasible at the moment.
Block the receptor that PGD2 binds to. It's called the CRTH2 aka the GPR44 receptor. This is currently the best and cheapest solution.

johnwester130

mayweatherking said:
post 102751 it seems he is blocking PGE2 receptor and that is the biggest part of his regimen. i don't know if it's safe or not though.... this is what he says:

Use a PTGDS inhibitor to break the conversion of PGH2 to PGD2. These are still somewhat exotic and expensive, thus not really feasible at the moment.
Block the receptor that PGD2 binds to. It's called the CRTH2 aka the GPR44 receptor. This is currently the best and cheapest solution.

can it be done with diet

Last edited by a moderator:
johnwester130 said:
post 102752
mayweatherking said:
post 102751 it seems he is blocking PGE2 receptor and that is the biggest part of his regimen. i don't know if it's safe or not though.... this is what he says:

can it be done with diet

i don't know. i'm assuming the ray peat diet in general does what he is doing. although i still haven't controlled my hair loss... yet. the drug he is taking is absolutely horrible for sperm quality though. this is not good. check it out:

Earlier observations on infertility related to sulphasalazine treatment were extended and semen samples obtained from 28 patients with inflammatory bowel disease on treatment with sulphasalazine at 2-4 g per day. Semen was examined for changes in density, motility, and morphology before, during, and after withdrawal of sulphasalazine. Gross semen abnormalities were seen in 18 patients on this drug for more than two months. Semen quality improved after sulphasalazine had been withdrawn for more than two months and 10 pregnancies are reported after sulphasalazine withdrawal. Preliminary endocrine and acetylator phenotype studies do not elucidate the mechanism of this important new side-effect of this drug. The time course of the drug's effect on semen quality is consistent with the hypothesis that sulphasalazine or a metabolite, possibly sulphapyridine, is directly toxic to developing spermatozoa. These studies confirmed the preliminary report and suggest that prolonged treatment with sulphasalazine may universally depress semen quality and cause reversible infertility.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6114897

18 out of 28 patients had very bad sperm quality...

OP
S

Sheik

Idk, someone said OverMachoGrande had a hair transplant. I've also never seen any believable evidence that LLLT regrows hair. OMG sells laser helmets.

Swiss isn't selling anything. He is a bit too cocky in his theorizing, in my view, but the proof is in the pudding, and those pics look like the real deal.

CoolTweetPete

Such_Saturation said:
post 102654 Meanwhile the laser helmet guy has a full head of hair :cool:

Lol. I own one of his 300 diode helmets. It's a fantastic piece of equipment. :)

CoolTweetPete

Sheik said:
post 102800 Idk, someone said OverMachoGrande had a hair transplant. I've also never seen any believable evidence that LLLT regrows hair. OMG sells laser helmets.

Swiss isn't selling anything. He is a bit too cocky in his theorizing, in my view, but the proof is in the pudding, and those pics look like the real deal.

Danny Roddy has been quoted as saying he has never seen anything capable of restoring lost hair other than LLLT. He actually told me this himself in a Skype session also. I am in complete agreement as my device from OMG restored hair I lost years ago.

Danny has a friend who purchased one for his father because he was suffering from dementia. He said it helped with both the dementia, and restoring hair as well as pigment.

CoolTweetPete

Sheik said:
post 102996 Where's the evidence?

Dr. Peat talks about light being biologically active in many of his essays. Red light is able to stimulate cytochrome c oxidase activity (essentially stimulating mitochondrial respiration).

Here is a study Danny provided me, it discusses the effect on CCO.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3065857/

And here is an excerpt from an article he wrote.

--------------------------

Light, Energy, and Hair Loss

Cycles of light and darkness have a dramatic effect on hair growth. For example, 90% of hair follicles shift from the resting to growing phase during springtime only to fall out in winter months.[2] This phenomenon may be explained by light exposure, which as many have suspected, is biologically active.

Low-level light (or laser) therapy has shown to be effective in restoring hair growth in some individuals.[3] In a long-term (1-year) study in the treatment of men and women with "androgenetic alopecia", light wavelengths of 940nm directed at the scalp led to improvements in hair growth and quality.[4]

While it's often said that the mechanism of LLLT's effects on hair growth are unknown, wavelengths of 600-1000nm activate cytochrome c oxidase, an enzyme that occupies the last crucial step in the process of energy generation by way of oxidative phosphorylation.[5]

Perhaps by the same mechanism, cycles of light and darkness influence the "molting" hormone, prolactin.[6] Prolactin suppresses the thyroid gland,[7] inhibits "efficient" energy metabolism,[8] and is associated with pattern baldness.[9] Estrogen, which increases prolactin,[10,11] is also associated with baldness.[12]
----------------------------------

There is also a significant amount of evidence on my head. :P

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
OP
S

Sheik

CoolTweetPete said:

Do you have pics? Not to be a **** but I would never take somebody's word for it. I've been paying attention to this stuff for a long time, and never seen any pictures of regrowth from somebody who wasn't selling laser helmets. Just a lot of overly optimistic/hopeful men thinking that a few hairs have sprouted up on their temples. Basically a placebo effect.

CoolTweetPete

Sheik said:
CoolTweetPete said:

Do you have pics? Not to be a **** but I would never take somebody's word for it. I've been paying attention to this stuff for a long time, and never seen any pictures of regrowth from somebody who wasn't selling laser helmets. Just a lot of overly optimistic/hopeful men thinking that a few hairs have sprouted up on their temples. Basically a placebo effect.

Can't say I do. I was trying to fix my hair loss for over a year, and I had been disappointed by the results of various things ranging from strict ketogenic diet, to removal of my mercury amalgams, and all sorts of supplements. That is how I discovered Danny Roddy, and ultimately Ray Peat. I had all but given up before I found them so I didn't document it.

There are plenty of examples if you just Google LLLT hair loss though. And that study I linked to is highly descriptive of the mechanism behind it. Here's a guy who used it for five years. The results are astonishingly good.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/ ... thread/955

Also, LLLT devices can be far more sophisticated than the helmets you see OMG selling. There are large clinical versions like the Sunetics UL6060 which is FDA approved to treat hair loss. It's a $50,000 medical device. I'm sure you'll say they're not trustworthy because they manufacture them, but many many peoples subjective experiences that I've read say otherwise.

http://www.suneticslasers.com/#!laser-specs/c22x7

That all being said, my switch to Peat eating came in March of this year, and I began LLLT in May, so it could have been either one. I also started thyroid in July, so I must admit it's kind of a shot in the dark what did it for me. I strongly believe it was the helmet.

OP
S

Sheik

Swiss and others are saying that it won't regrow hair by itself, but it might stop or slow down loss. We still don't know.

Seti is really expensive and hard to get right now, so in that sense it's probably not the easiest way to reduce pgd2 at the moment.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals