“The mixture of garlic and lemon sap is an effective homemade remedy to remove head lice and nits from the scalp and the body.”

“How do you get rid of lice super fast?

Use heat. Wash any items used or worn by the person in hot water, and dry them on high heat. Lice and nits die when exposed to temperatures higher than 130 F for more than 5 minutes. Wash anything that touched the person's skin or scalp, including jackets, hats, scarves, pillowcases, sheets, and headbands.”

“Will a hair dryer kill lice?

Heat Method:

There are recent studies that show that treatment of lice with heat can be quite effective in killing head lice. Products such as Lousebuster are very effective but even a home hairdryer can successfully treat lice.”

“How do you get rid of lice in 10 minutes?

Nix Cream Rinse® (permethrin based product)This medicine is put on hair that has been shampooed and towel dried. After 10 minutes, the medicine is rinsed off. Nix Creme Rinse® kills lice, but not the nits. It is the favored medicine because it may continue to kill newly hatched lice for a few days after treatment.”

“What does baking soda do to lice?

1698960584479.jpeg

Baking soda has a coarse texture that helps to trap the lice and nits, besides pacifying the incessant urge to scratch the head.Oct 8, 2022”

Thanks for your empathy! It really is horrible and humbling. I have begun putting apple cider vinegar in my hair as I thought that lemon might be more harmful. I'm surprised it makes it soft. I didn't think about the oils in the lemon. Thank you. I iwll try this for my hair.
It seems your vinegar treatment may not have been in vain….

“Does vinegar kill lice? Vinegar receives an “honorable mention,” because it has been touted as an aid in the removal of nits, but it doesn't kill adult lice. The acidic makeup of vinegar breaks down the glue-like substance that adheres the nits to the hair shaft.Aug 27, 2020”

S.Holmes

Hey. Did you use borax water on your rugs/bedding/sofas? That is what I have been doing but perhaps I should powder the carpets? ALso did you spray the base boards with borax? I was not sure what you meant by this. Thank you
Besides washing everything in borax I also sprinkle boric acid powder and sweep it around the floor and then under baseboards. i would sprinkle it in carpets too if needed as long as there are no children or pets in the area.

OP
S

Superhumaness

Look into Diatomaceous earth. It kills crawling insects. Used in gardening, pet care for fleas, pest control, and you can find food grade too.
And also bentonite clay packs for your hair. 🤷‍♂️
I have not been to a doctor in… over thirty years. I can’t come up with the last time.
That is why I was so blown away that a doctor couldn’t offer you any help! Then again I don’t know of a friend or loved one that has gone to a doctor and gotten any meaningful help so I’m not sure why this was a surprising to me.
Sorry to bother you. Good luck. And consider throwing away everything in your house and shaving!
Wow, that is awesome you've not be subjected to a doctors office for 30 years!! I go when desperate then remember why it is a waste of money/time/sanity.

You were no bother to me. I was grateful for your time. I just can't with my hair. I'm going to try bentonite clay and lemon. I have slept many nights covered in diatomaceous earth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals