Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Luckytype

Btw what you suggested I’m already working on, which was fixing thyroid and raising androgens. If there was more to that you can remind me. I don’t recall you stating a nutrition protocol. @Luckytype

I am not going to state a specific protocol because again I have no idea what your specific requirements are. All i can share is what works for me.

Arrade

Sorry dude, hairloss is coinciding with a bad time in my life. Not trying to be dramatic. Yes you have taken a good amount of time to help me.
I am not going to state a specific protocol because again I have no idea what your specific requirements are. All i can share is what works for me.
ok. A lot of the protocols I see here are very limited, like only eating white rice with sugar and no meat because it’s inflammatory. I eat pretty wisely in a macro nutrient profile sense

Luckytype

Sorry dude, hairloss is coinciding with a bad time in my life. Not trying to be dramatic. Yes you have taken a good amount of time to help me.

All good man.

It sucks, its miserable and anger producing and frustrating. Many guys are here for this and just from conversations im realizing a lot of people arent there calorically, nutritionally, or metabolically. Theres no way a supplement is going to push you over into "good" territory if other things arent lined up. The body just doesnt work like that.

I tend to say the same things, zoom out and think long term. And then Im always asking the same questions regarding food, stress, metabolism and nutrition.

Luckytype

ok. A lot of the protocols I see here are very limited, like only eating white rice with sugar and no meat because it’s inflammatory. I eat pretty wisely in a macro nutrient profile sense
Post your cronometer for two days. How many calories do you get each day?

Luckytype

Not sure. I guess I can try it.
Man I abhor counting calories and food logging.
Do you want a chance at getting your hair back or are you not willing to take 12 seconds out of each meal to thumb tap a phone so you can actually know what youre consuming?

Arrade

Do you want a chance at getting your hair back or are you not willing to take 12 seconds out of each meal to thumb tap a phone so you can actually know what youre consuming?
I’ll start working on it

Arrade

In terms of gut cleaning I take a tbsp of coconut oil with every meal. I know it’s suggested baking soda a couple times a day. Is this everything? Thanks

Luckytype

I had better successes with the commonly suggested carrot salad. I would use carrot, coconut oil and charcoal.

You can do bamboo shoots, i just dont have those locally. I also use well cooked mushrooms with salt and cheese like 3 times a week.

I like swallow the charcoal with juice. I shred a carrot and squeeze and rinse under water, add coconut oil and salt. Then i just eat the carrot right after.

Ive also mixed charcoal with coconut oil and that worked too, just a little harder to get down quickly.

I found that charcoal by itself slowed my transit time by a bit but the carrot bulk kept it on time.

Arrade

I had better successes with the commonly suggested carrot salad. I would use carrot, coconut oil and charcoal.

You can do bamboo shoots, i just dont have those locally. I also use well cooked mushrooms with salt and cheese like 3 times a week.

I like swallow the charcoal with juice. I shred a carrot and squeeze and rinse under water, add coconut oil and salt. Then i just eat the carrot right after.

Ive also mixed charcoal with coconut oil and that worked too, just a little harder to get down quickly.

I found that charcoal by itself slowed my transit time by a bit but the carrot bulk kept it on time.
Cool. I’ll probably start that next week.
I’ll also start with the cronometer and checking my temps.
I’m a bit worried because I have “retrograde Alopecia” but I’m hoping it’s the same principle.

Progesterone

I am leaning towards breaking the bank and trialing real oral, micronized progesterone.

I think this could potentially be VERY important and why legit oral prog works and topical may not:

A micronized form of natural progesterone is available that is readily absorbed and reaches peak serum concentrations from 1 to 4 hours after administration.

Topical is metabolized literally right away.

Quality of life and costs associated with micronized progesterone and medroxyprogesterone acetate in hormone replacement therapy for nonhysterectom... - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Because natural progesterone is poorly absorbed and rapidly metabolized, synthetic derivatives of progesterone, such as medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA), are used in combination with estrogen in hormone replacement therapy. A micronized form of natural progesterone is available that is readily absorbed and reaches peak serum concentrations from 1 to 4 hours after administration.

OBJECTIVE:
The purpose of this study was to compare the quality of life (QOL), menopausal symptoms, and costs associated with a natural micronized progesterone (MP) formulation versus MPA as add-on therapy to estrogen in hormone replacement for post-menopausal women.

METHODS:
This prospective, multicenter, randomized, fixed-dose, open-label, parallel-group study enrolled postmenopausal, otherwise healthy, nonhysterectomized women 45 to 65 years of age who had been amenorrheic for > or =6 months and exhibited symptoms of estrogen deficiency. All women received 0.625 mg conjugated equine estrogens on days 1 to 25 of a 30-day cycle; on days 12 to 25, women were randomized to receive either MP 200 mg or MPA 5 mg; patients were followed for 9 months. QOL, the primary end point, was measured at baseline and months 3, 6, and 9 using the 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36), the Nottingham Health Profile (NHP), and the condition-specific Women's Health Questionnaire (WHQ). Bleeding pattern, compliance, menopausal symptoms, and cost were evaluated as secondary end points. Costs (in 1997 Canadian dollars) were assessed from the societal perspective and included costs of study medication, hormone therapy monitoring, concomitant medication, outpatient resources, out-of-pocket expenses, and patient and caregiver time loss.

RESULTS:
A total of 182 women were enrolled; 89 received MP and 93 received MPA. Improvements in climacteric symptoms were observed from baseline to month 9 for both treatments. Mean scores on all domains of the SF-36 at month 9 were greater than scores at baseline in both treatment groups but the increases were not statistically significant. All domains within the NHP and WHQ improved significantly over this period for both groups (P < or = 0.008). Only patients receiving MP showed specific improvements in the menstrual problems and cognitive domains of the WHQ. The difference in average 9-month cost per patient was not statistically significant, at Can 367 dollars +/- 120 dollars and Can 360 dollars +/- 369 dollars for patients receiving MP and MPA, respectively.

CONCLUSIONS:
MP is a clinically effective, well-tolerated, and cost-comparable alternative to MPA.

Pharmacokinetics
Absorption
It is well absorbed when administered orally, rectally or vaginally. When given orally, the micronized progesterone is absorbed through the digestive tract. The rise in progesterone starts from the first hour and the highest plasma levels are observed 1 - 3 hours after intake.

Rectal or vaginal administration or 100 - 400 mg produces concentrations in the luteal range which are maximal within 1 - 8 hours and then decline over 24 hours. Vaginal application results in avoidance of first-pass metabolism in the gastrointestinal tract and liver, and in sustained plasma concentrations. Vaginally administered progesterone disappears more rapidly from the circulation than the intramuscular route.

Distribution
Progesterone has a distribution phase half-life of between 3 - 6 minutes, followed by an elimination phase half-life of 19 - 95 minutes. The apparent volume of distribution is 17 - 29 L. Progesterone is taken up by fat, from which it is slowly released. Circulating progesterone is extensively bound to plasma proteins, especially albumin and corticosteroid binding globulin. Progesterone is approximately 96 - 99% bound to serum proteins, primarily to serum albumin (50 - 54%) and transcortin (43 - 48%). Only small amounts are associated with erythrocytes or platelets. Concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid are about 10% of those in the plasma.

Metabolism
Progesterone is metabolized primarily in the liver by reduction of the A-ring, hydroxylation and conjugation largely to pregnanediols and pregnanolones. The principal metabolite is pregnanediol; other metabolites, notably 20 alpha-dihydroprogesterone, which is present in small concentrations in plasma, and 5 alpha-pregnane-3, 20-dione, have weak progestational activity. Pregnanediols and pregnanolones are conjugated in the liver to glucuronide and sulphate metabolites. Progesterone metabolites which are excreted in the bile may be deconjugated and may be further metabolized in the gut via reduction, dehydroxylation and epimerization.

Excretion
Progesterone undergoes extensive biotransformation, mainly in the liver (approximately 66%) and its tissues such as kidneys, brain, uterus and skin. The metabolites of progesterone are conjugated in the liver with glucuronic acid and excreted primarily in the urine between 19 and 40% of a dose of labeled progesterone appears in the urine within 24 hours. A smaller quantity (8 - 17%) is excreted in the faeces and there is extensive enterohepatic circulation of metabolites. Metabolites of progesterone are mainly excreted in the urine as glucuronide conjugates.

Last edited:

Arrade

Anybody want in on this discord chat?
We’re discussing making Choi, Brotzu etc and we have 70 people

Progesterone

Okay guys... with the price of Oral Progesterone... I've decided I will go to a local walk-in clinic and just get a prescription for Oral Progesterone.

I will also be able to get a good brand name one.

:)

Let's see how this goes... lol

xetawaves

Barely saw any hairs in the shower this morning. Only saw a few hairs when I dried my hair with a towel. Also did a sink test while at work and only a few fell. Temps seem to be gradually rising, but I can tell it's gonna take some time to get them where they need to be. Finasteride doesn't stop shedding in a lot of people until around 6 months from what I've read. I've been on this dose of progesterone for around 6 months.

@Luckytype should I avoid aspirin since it lowers temps? I take a couple everyday. Also, I know this might sound like a dumb question, but what are some of the best things I can do to increase thyroid function? What has worked best for you? Roddy says to just mainly avoid PUFAS and to take things to control inflammation like aspirin. I'm afraid to try thyroid. I don't wanna risk making my hair thinner than it already is. I plan on getting some labs done soon and I'll go from there in regards to supplementation.

Arrade

Barely saw any hairs in the shower this morning. Only saw a few hairs when I dried my hair with a towel. Also did a sink test while at work and only a few fell. Temps seem to be gradually rising, but I can tell it's gonna take some time to get them where they need to be. Finasteride doesn't stop shedding in a lot of people until around 6 months from what I've read. I've been on this dose of progesterone for around 6 months.

@Luckytype should I avoid aspirin since it lowers temps? I take a couple everyday. Also, I know this might sound like a dumb question, but what are some of the best things I can do to increase thyroid function? What has worked best for you? Roddy says to just mainly avoid PUFAS and to take things to control inflammation like aspirin. I'm afraid to try thyroid. I don't wanna risk making my hair thinner than it already is. I plan on getting some labs done soon and I'll go from there in regards to supplementation.
Could you do me a favor and list all the things that reduce inflammation?
I know that might be a tall order

Arrade

Could you do me a favor and list all the things that reduce inflammation?
I know that might be a tall order
Never mind, kind of a lazy question. Think I’ll start taking aspirin however.
I’m even seeing nicotine as an anti-inflammatory

Luckytype

Thats good to hear, every better day here and there is a good thing. Progesterone does support thyroid function and supports cortisol production which is a major stress buffer. If you feel good on it, thats great.

Stay diligent on nutrition and calories, keeping on with sunlight. Im really behind the idea of mineral flux and fat solubles. I feel crappy after eating pufa but if you read my posts instinctively even before my health took a dive I preferred to use sat fats. I think a healthy body can deal with a little, chronic exposure and consumption is bad. All this stuff should seem reasonable.

As far as aspirin, I just dont know. I only use maybe 81mg or 162mg at a time and I tend to do it randomly maybe once or twice a week. Or ill use it for a headache with a coffee. Ive had it do nothing for temps, but once in a while I will wake up drenched from a nap. If you think it helps, see if you can get the same effects from less dosing, maybe 81 or like a quarter of your 325mg tabs.

Not a dumb question at all, to increase the call for thyroid, you want to be creating C02, so walking with really controlled breathing is good, you want to continue with sunlight as it is an uncoupler. Keeping liver clean or getting it healthy helps with body cleaning and conversion and creation. You want to make sure when the call is made for thyroid to be the "gas pedal" that it is, that your nutritional reserves are there supporting the millions of processes that take place when thyroid is present. Thats why food is so ultra important especially versus an isolated supplement. Thats why people have bad reactions from thyroid sometimes too - gas pedal with no control over throttle position means out of control.

The big thing is keeping in your head what our bodies see as a "stress" - as a small set of examples are things like uncontrolled or low blood sugar, long periods of intense exercise, crappy food irritating the piss out of our GI tracts, falling body temps etc etc. Basically we are trying to teach the body that its OK to save the stress responses for real stress, not minor ones.

Keep in mind ive been at this for 2 years, I just slowly added in a supplemental t3, like 3mcg total per day right now spread out.

The big thing is trusting that for months your nutrition is on point, if its not then I would certainly think twice about thyroid. If you have been great about it(really, use cronometer) and you start deliberately slow you should be able to tell by how "present" you are and your temps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals