Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

xetawaves

I don't intend to disparage Roddy or make fun of his appearance, but my observations are that he tends to resemble someone who has lowered E possibly too much. This is the whole chemical castration approach to preventing hair loss, but it comes at a price of being anti-androgen. For example, when I experimented with good doses of lysine or progesterone, my neck became very thin and my arms and legs reduced in size, despite maintaining a consistent diet and exercise program. This can also happen with high doses of aspirin or any number of things.

Were you weight training or just simply exercising?

xetawaves

Reducing stress is the key. I went several days with minimal shed, but yesterday was a very stressful day for me and today I'm shedding pretty bad.

On some days I wake up feeling tense and those are the days that my face is very oily and I shed. Could high cortisol be the cause of oily skin? My libido is also very high on these days.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Reducing stress is the key. I went several days with minimal shed, but yesterday was a very stressful day for me and today I'm shedding pretty bad.

On some days I wake up feeling tense and those are the days that my face is very oily and I shed. Could high cortisol be the cause of oily skin? My libido is also very high on these days.

Hey man.

How's it going??????

Any updates on prog?

I'm back on. Feeling good.

xetawaves

Hey man.

How's it going??????

Any updates on prog?

I'm back on. Feeling good.

I don't really expect it to regrow any hair. If it does, I assume it'll take close to a year before anything noticeable happens. I'm still gonna take progesterone regardless, because it has helped me in so many ways. I'm up to 30mg per day now. I've been told that if any loss in libido occurs, then the dosage needs to be upped. In regards to hair, I'm hoping it at least slows the progression of my mpb. Nothing has helped my hair loss so I'm just trying to stay realistic.

Progesterone

I don't really expect it to regrow any hair. If it does, I assume it'll take close to a year before anything noticeable happens. I'm still gonna take progesterone regardless, because it has helped me in so many ways. I'm up to 30mg per day now. I've been told that if any loss in libido occurs, then the dosage needs to be upped. In regards to hair, I'm hoping it at least slows the progression of my mpb. Nothing has helped my hair loss so I'm just trying to stay realistic.

Don't wanna say I told ya so.. but... told ya so. ;)

ZINC + calcium carbonate is apparently the fix if libido goes down on prog.

nbznj

cortisol, estrogen, prolactin, inflammatory foods plus androgens, calcification. Keep your Mg:Ca balance close to 1:1 or 1:2. Keep your Na:K balance close to 1:4. If your primitive brain that is your gut is in good health and your diet is great, it's time to move on and focus on what's going on in the brain. People who eat whatever the F and seem to have no symptoms are walking stress-free individuals. The issue is that when it catches up to them, they get wrecked 3 times worse. So, as dumb as it sounds, try being truly happy.

Also anecdotes of 600lbs people with good hair mean nothing, the dude must have 0 androgen at this point. Females nowadays probably live as trashy as men but have no androgens. That's why you're observing lifters that bald quicker. Is it the androgens? No, not only; it's the androgens AND clearly the inflammation. Lifters weren't healthy prior but now they start stressing over their workouts (that also stress their body) = hair loss. Lifters on steroids stress over their whole life because of intense body dysmorphia and are control freaks and train even harder. Testosterone doesn't lower cortisol so cortisol is high and androgens are even higher: hair loss ++++. Find me a TRT user who actually trains less and eats a Peat inspired diet and reads hippie stuff to reduce stress and cortisol - there's me but even then on Reddit, my opinions are highly unpopular. But my hair don't shed anymore.

Last edited:

xetawaves

cortisol, estrogen, prolactin, inflammatory foods plus androgens, calcification. Keep your Mg:Ca balance close to 1:1 or 1:2. Keep your Na:K balance close to 1:4. If your primitive brain that is your gut is in good health and your diet is great, it's time to move on and focus on what's going on in the brain. People who eat whatever the F and seem to have no symptoms are walking stress-free individuals. The issue is that when it catches up to them, they get wrecked 3 times worse. So, as dumb as it sounds, try being truly happy.

Also anecdotes of 600lbs people with good hair mean nothing, the dude must have 0 androgen at this point. Females nowadays probably live as trashy as men but have no androgens. That's why you're observing lifters that bald quicker. Is it the androgens? No, not only; it's the androgens AND clearly the inflammation. Lifters weren't healthy prior but now they start stressing over their workouts (that also stress their body) = hair loss. Lifters on steroids stress over their whole life because of intense body dysmorphia and are control freaks and train even harder. Testosterone doesn't lower cortisol so cortisol is high and androgens are even higher: hair loss ++++. Find me a TRT user who actually trains less and eats a Peat inspired diet and reads hippie stuff to reduce stress and cortisol - there's me but even then on Reddit, my opinions are highly unpopular. But my hair don't shed anymore.

what's your regimen?

nbznj

broad question...

- 210 mg/wk of testosterone with .25mg /wk of arimidex
- e2 should be around 20-30 pg/ml
- diet: liver, eggs, plants and starch through roots or fruits only. No grains unless it's all you can eat sushi "cheat" day. Low PUFAS, low Sodium high Potassium which is easy eating whole foods, moderate Ca so that Mg is in balance.
- training: Sheiko templates Monday Wednesday Friday, except that I never go above 70% (75% is ok for bench press)
- liver health is paramount, so I take a plant blend. LDL has to get in the 100-150 range naturally
- orange light devices / filter blue light
- stand up more, walk more
- understand the positive impact of great (and peaceful) social interactions on your general health
- do whatever make you stress less, some like yoga, some meditate, some do saunas
- nizoral is my shampoo of choice, a small nut 2-3x a week with lukewarm water
- supplements not mentioned: vitamin D, emu oil as a moisturizer (high in K2), magnesium oil which happens to be a decent deodorant. Got some taurine on hand I'll take till it runs out.

I believe hair health is a sure indicator of good health, and good health is a tough puzzle to reconstitute once you've been showing signs of depression.

xetawaves

anyone in here having any luck with progesterone? I don't think it's doing anything for my hair at all..

nbznj

bodybuilders from the 60s who used to be using low to no testosterone but would instead go for lots of dianabol (shoots estrogens up) and lots of deca-durabolin (a progesterone derivative) had incredible hair - and the infamous deca-d*ck. They probably had a great lifestyle with foods that weren't chock full of the industrial crap too. My point is, I believe progesterone should help to a degree just like any drug or supplement used as a band-aid. If it doesn't work then the issue is elsewhere.

xetawaves

bodybuilders from the 60s who used to be using low to no testosterone but would instead go for lots of dianabol (shoots estrogens up) and lots of deca-durabolin (a progesterone derivative) had incredible hair - and the infamous deca-d*ck. They probably had a great lifestyle with foods that weren't chock full of the industrial crap too. My point is, I believe progesterone should help to a degree just like any drug or supplement used as a band-aid. If it doesn't work then the issue is elsewhere.

do you have a suggested dose for prog? I've read conflicting ideas online and I'm not sure what to dose it at. I'm currently taking around 35mg a day.

My libido is very high today and I'm shedding pretty bad. It seems the two go hand in hand.

xetawaves

Here's an idea. Maybe some males create too much DHT. The DHT causes very high sebum levels on the scalp and this suffocates the follicles making them weaker and weaker until they go into a permanent resting phase. The root end of the hairs I shed from the top of my scalp are covered with a large chunk of dried, solid sebum. Progesterone helped me with excessive sebum for a while, but now it seems to be getting bad again.

Last edited:

xetawaves

just shared this elsewhere but read this: Men: Stop Thinking Your Hair Loss Is Due To High Testosterone

I'd suspect high estradiol in your case, maybe get (sensitive) e2 bloods done. Maybe your scalp DHT is high I don't know. Anyways my suggested dose for prog is 0, you have to treat the issue from its root cause.

I don't have any of the symptoms of high estradiol, but I'll make sure it's checked in my next labs. I also don't plan on stopping progesterone, it has helped me in several ways.

nbznj

I think I worded it poorly, and will go along with the article I shared - I'd say potentially a hormonal imbalance. Maybe your T/E ratio was/is a bit low. Maybe you've got inflammation/stress/other mood related symptoms going, and progesterone is hiding it. I don't know, it's hard to gauge over the internet.

And just like Travis told me in another thread, we have to care about prolactin. Although estrogen imbalance (or more so, androgen/estrogen imbalance) should lead to prolactin imbalance.

Progesterone

I don't have any of the symptoms of high estradiol, but I'll make sure it's checked in my next labs. I also don't plan on stopping progesterone, it has helped me in several ways.

You still using progesterone?
I am starting back again on 100mg/oral in capsule swallowed once a night.

I was using 20mg/night put on tongue but meh.....

xetawaves

You still using progesterone?
I am starting back again on 100mg/oral in capsule swallowed once a night.

I was using 20mg/night put on tongue but meh.....

I am. I’ve been taking 60mg a day topically for about a month and a half. I’ve considered upping it to 100mg. I’m still experiencing all the same benefits and don’t have any plans to stop taking it. As far as hair goes, I still think it’s too early to tell anything. Most people on finasteride don’t see any benefits or reduction in shed for several months. I assume they both work in a very similar way. My shedding hasn’t increased or decreased but my hair maybe seems a little bit thicker in certain areas.

Progesterone

I am. I’ve been taking 60mg a day topically for about a month and a half. I’ve considered upping it to 100mg. I’m still experiencing all the same benefits and don’t have any plans to stop taking it. As far as hair goes, I still think it’s too early to tell anything. Most people on finasteride don’t see any benefits or reduction in shed for several months. I assume they both work in a very similar way. My shedding hasn’t increased or decreased but my hair maybe seems a little bit thicker in certain areas.

Thanks for the update dude.

HealthNatura prog right?

I was doing 20mg dropped on tongue... but, going back to 100mg in capsule once per night.

I feel this much more.... and I think it was helping more with hair.

I am adding in swansonvitamins Bamboo Extract pills (70% organic silica) although perhaps I should hold off to see how the progesterone does on it's own...

xetawaves

Thanks for the update dude.

HealthNatura prog right?

I was doing 20mg dropped on tongue... but, going back to 100mg in capsule once per night.

I feel this much more.... and I think it was helping more with hair.

I am adding in swansonvitamins Bamboo Extract pills (70% organic silica) although perhaps I should hold off to see how the progesterone does on it's own...

Yea, healthnatura. Are there any differences in taking it orally vs topically? I think I remember reading somewhere that the body metabolizes more of it when used topically but I don't think there was any evidence.
I bought some diatomaceous earth and plan on adding it to my regimen soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals