sladerunner69

I had trouble breathing on it, as well as other symptoms. I believe it's responsible for many of the side effects from haidut's supplements. Ray told me that small amounts, for example to dissolve lisuride, taken orally, presumably with food, are likely safe. It seems he's against the transdermal route, and of course haidut cant recommend oral use of his lab chemicals, but people should be very cautious with transdermal dmso. I applaud haidut for increasing the concentratjon of his dmso supplements and making tocopherol/mct solutions available when possible.

What side effects are you speaking of specifically? The rash some people get from dmso or mental side effects?

milk_lover

I stopped putting things on my balls because they dry my skin.. Putting on wrists seems at least safer in light of Peat's email about DMSO.

Wagner83

"We propose that the mechanism by which DMSO induces cell death (Fig. 7) involves inhibition of mitochondrial respiration leading to decreased oxygen consumption within minutes of application. Moreover, elevation of cytosolic calcium and phosphatidylserine externalization occur."

"Our findings have shown that final concentrations of DMSO as low as 0.1% (v/v) are toxic in vivo (1, 2, 4, and 8% v/v stock; 5 μl injected volume) causing significant retinal apoptosis. This is different to what has been previously reported, and the widely accepted belief that DMSO is well tolerated at concentrations <10% (8, 16,–,19)."

"In the present study, we describe a new mechanism by which DMSO induces neuronal death at significantly lower concentrations than previous reported. Cell death is induced through AIF translocation to the nucleus and stimulation of a caspase-3 independent pathway of apoptosis, involving PARP activation. Our proposed pathway (Fig. 7) is initiated by inhibition of mitochondrial respiration with elevation of intracellular calcium concentration. This is followed by phosphatidylserine externalization on the cell membrane. Next, Bax oligomerization induces mitochondrial permeabilization, which in turn is followed by AIF translocation, PARP activation, and, finally, cell death."

"These results underline safety concerns of using low concentrations of DMSO as a solvent for in vivo administration of numerous molecules, which we show not to be safe. We believe that the scientific community should question the use of DMSO in biological assays, with particular relevance to delivery to neuronal cells. Finally, due to the broad number of drugs dissolved in DMSO, we believe these results have widespread implications, not only in the eye and in neuroscience, but also throughout the whole body. "

Unexpected low-dose toxicity of the universal solvent DMSO

It would be nice to have dmso-free version of more supplements me thinks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Unexpected low-dose toxicity of the universal solvent DMSO

It would be nice to have dmso-free version of more supplements me thinks!

We are testing a new solvent that may be able to replace the DMSO. But even that study used direct injections into the retina, so not sure how relevant it would be to topical use of DMSO elsewhere on the body in the low amounts that our supplements have. Peat said to a few people over email that 100mg - 200mg DMSO is not likely to hurt even very sensitive people and that pretty much the amount in a dose most of our supplements using DMSO.
Anyways, don't mean to start another discussion on this. We are looking into replacing the DMSO altogether.

Drareg

We are testing a new solvent that may be able to replace the DMSO. But even that study used direct injections into the retina, so not sure how relevant it would be to topical use of DMSO elsewhere on the body in the low amounts that our supplements have. Peat said to a few people over email that 100mg - 200mg DMSO is not likely to hurt even very sensitive people and that pretty much the amount in a dose most of our supplements using DMSO.
Anyways, don't mean to start another discussion on this. We are looking into replacing the DMSO altogether.

"Injections into the retina",yet blame the DMSO for EVERYTHING in the study conclusion.
What about kuinone in a diamant styled solution,it could be part of a new "idealabs pro" selection?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
"Injections into the retina",yet blame the DMSO for EVERYTHING in the study conclusion.
What about kuinone in a diamant styled solution,it could be part of a new "idealabs pro" selection?

I think Kuinone dissolved in the new solvent, mixed with ethanol should be fine on its own even without the adamantane to potentiate it. As long as it absorbs comparably to the version in DMSO a dose of a few mg vitamin K2 is actually quite hefty. Peat does not recommend doses above 15mg unless the person has cancer or some severe neurodegenerative conditions like ALS. He said he takes just a few mgs weekly on the skin.

Fractality

Will the DMSO replacement hold the same efficacy of DMSO?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Will the DMSO replacement hold the same efficacy of DMSO?

It will probably have the same effectiveness in term of skin absorption. But DMSO is also known to potentiate steroid effects after absorption and I don't know for sure if the new solvent has that effect. I already tried it for dissolving a Pansterone, and for me the effects are somewhere between the tocopherol version and the DMSO one. In other words, more powerful than the tocopherol version but a bit milder than the DMSO one. But just like the DMSO version, when applied to the skin I felt the effects with the first 60sec of application, so that is a plus since it won't mess people's clothes. It has no taste or odor, or aftertaste like DMSO. Oh, and there is no skin irritation or any known toxicity. The only "side effect" is that the new solvent, in combination with ethanol, may act as a mild skin exfoliant. I am hoping that is not too much of a concern for people.

Wagner83

Thanks man, you know I don't mean to say it shouldn't be used at all cost , but if I could avoid applying dmso on scrotum in particular I'd love it ! (thyroid, K2, pansterone, 11-kt etc..) I know other people have complained about dmso and I don't know if someone had to take medications what the effects of dmso on it would be, so having a dmso-free option for your supplements should be nice for your business and customers.
The only "side effect" is that the new solvent, in combination with ethanol, may act as a mild skin exfoliant. I am hoping that is not too much of a concern for people.
Major bonus , we'll be able to keep complaining ! YES! :nutkick

Diokine

From A Biophysical Approach to Altered Consciousness

Since DMSO has been used successfully for treating mental retardation, with removal of cataracts as a side effect, its effect of "structuring" water, or lowering its "activity" according to a Soviet study, and of promoting oxidation of glucose by quinone (my unpublished observation) suggests that it might improve the function of nerves and other cells by promoting the desired high energy state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals