DMSO Potentiates The Effects Of Steroids Inside The Cell

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Me too. Do you guys have had your Prolactin checked? Mine was quite high with 243,6 mIU/L. Will try again when it's much lower than that. My DHEA-S was midrange btw.

Have you had a pituitary MRI scan? A porlactin above 100 is usually due to prolactinoma, which typically needs some kind of a dopamine agonist to reduce to normal levels.

Makrosky

Maybe you are young and already produce enough of it?

Did you check this thread Safety Of Long-term Use Of DMSO As A Solvent ? Lots of back and forth discussion about its safety.
Me too. Do you guys have had your Prolactin checked? Mine was quite high with 243,6 mIU/L. Will try again when it's much lower than that. My DHEA-S was midrange btw.
You checked it on blood ?

And... do you think it's unwise to use DHEA if your prolactin is up ? Why is so ?

moriwatzi

yeah, i have regular blood work done. I can't speak for anyone else but me, but given that haidut says PRL is a good indicator of overall estrogen burden, and DHEA's tendency to get aromatized when estrogen is elevated, I would think it is probably unwise.

moriwatzi

Have you had a pituitary MRI scan? A porlactin above 100 is usually due to prolactinoma, which typically needs some kind of a dopamine agonist to reduce to normal levels.

It is mIU/L not ng/ml. But doing the conversion now I see it should be around 11,46 ng / ml. Which is far from high by any standards EXCEPT my lab:

prl.JPG

I even started a topical Lisuride product to get it down... Now I think I was barking up the wrong tree. Will use little transdermal T and see where it gets me, because cortisol wasn't high on the blood test and feels low going by symptoms (bad reactions to Niacinamide, B6, Cascara, DHT; good reactions from few mg of hydrocortisone cream).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It is mIU/L not ng/ml. But doing the conversion now I see it should be around 11,46 ng / ml. Which is far from high by any standards EXCEPT my lab:

View attachment 4764

I even started a topical Lisuride product to get it down... Now I think I was barking up the wrong tree. Will use little transdermal T and see where it gets me.

OK, thanks for clarifying.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you think of a reason my lab would use this kind of reference range?

Compliance reasons or desire to standardize data so it can shared more easily. Could be a new rule, my lab still uses the metric measurements.

Thoushant

is there a mechanism I'm missing, maybe realted to NR or something?
The study sounds very specific to fibroblasts, cortisol and DSMO, I can't see how this applies to other cells and other hormones

Wagner83

is there a mechanism I'm missing, maybe realted to NR or something?
The study sounds very specific to fibroblasts, cortisol and DSMO, I can't see how this applies to other cells and other hormones
THE INFLUENCE OF DIMETHYL SULFOXIDE ON FIBROBLASTIC PROLIFERATION

I'm not sure I understand it right but from what I get the fibroblasts proliferation is seen in a tissue cultue and it's a response to effective steroids hormones penetration, a sort of "proof" the steroids penetrated well. They did not use cortisol only .

Thoushant

I'm finding different studies, from E2 not having an effect on fibroblasts, to DHT either suppressing or promoting, and aldosterone promoting Cardiac fibroblasts proliferation, so not all hormones have same function on fibroblast proliferation. But it's different cell lines and animals, so I don't know how it applies to humans.

The hormones used in the study are as far as I can see, all cortisol, or synthetically related.

Wagner83

Ok but the point of digging up that study was that dmso potentiates the penetration and efficiency of steroid hormones like cortisol in a tissue culture, whether dht or E2 have an effect on fibroblasts proliferation is not relevant afaik.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok but the point of digging up that study was that dmso potentiates the penetration and efficiency of steroid hormones like cortisol in a tissue culture, whether dht or E2 have an effect on fibroblasts proliferation is not relevant afaik.

This. Thanks for clarifying it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm finding different studies, from E2 not having an effect on fibroblasts, to DHT either suppressing or promoting, and aldosterone promoting Cardiac fibroblasts proliferation, so not all hormones have same function on fibroblast proliferation. But it's different cell lines and animals, so I don't know how it applies to humans.

The hormones used in the study are as far as I can see, all cortisol, or synthetically related.

The point of the study was penetration and potentiation, which DMSO does. Yes, this study was with cortisol but I posted another study showing steroids dissolved with DMSO had basically the same effects as subcutaneously injected steroids, which is the gold standard for steroid bioavailability. And that study used steroids other than cortisol. So, the combination of this study and the one below point to DMSO enhancing penetration and steroid effects. Ideally, I would like to see the same done for DHEA, pregnenolone, etc but the vast majority of animal studies already use DMSO as solvent as it is the standard solvent for steroids in clinical research. So, we have enough data on that even though there is not much comparison lately with other carries/solvents as DMSO seems to have established itself as the undisputed leader.
Enhanced Bioavailability And Tissue Effects Of Steroids Dissolved In Dmso

Matestube

@haidut just got a few bottles of your products in ethanol/sfa.
Would adding DMSO to them yield any significant level of ethanol in the blood ?

Santosh

@haidut would making a solution of 90% ethanol / 10% DMSO result in dangerous alcohol blood levels ?

Or does the alcohol evaporate before reaching circulation ?

brightside

@haidut would making a solution of 90% ethanol / 10% DMSO result in dangerous alcohol blood levels ?

Or does the alcohol evaporate before reaching circulation ?
If I understand this correctly, a potentially lethal BAC (.4%) would be equal to about 20mL.
5000mL * .004 = 20

That means if you use 1mL of solution, and if you absorb the entirety of that ethanol, you would have a BAC of .012% to .016% ( approx. .6-.8mL of ethanol in your solution, with the remaining being the DMSO and your solute)
With one drink(15mL of ethanol) you can hit from .04% (100lb male) to .02% (200lb male) BAC, so I would imagine that using ethanol would be relatively safe.
You are bypassing the liver with topical administration, but on the other hand you are using a dramatically lower amount >1mL vs 15mL, and complete absorption is not guaranteed.

I don't know if that would be OK with the tissues at your application site.

Does this seem right?

Diogo

Interesting!

Might be a silly question but does it also potentiate the effects of our own hormones, when consumed on it´s own, orally?

I´ve been looking for it but can´t find anything...

Did you only find evidence for the skin application?

@haidut