Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

You think vitamin A is the answer for dry skin? What would be the reason for me getting more acne and worse skin from vitamin A rather than it actually helping me?

What brand?

Amazoniac

Review:
I don't have any miraculous experience to share.
I just want to comment that the product is excellent. It is just what I was looking for to have at hand: a simple, high-quality and pure vitamin A.
The smell is pleasant and I noticed that when I'm (probably) lower on vitamin A, it appears more pleasurable; the opposite also occurs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there a mistake in first statement or I just I don't get this?

Yes, the first statement is incorrect. What I meant to say that 1 IU of retinyl acetate is equivalent to 0.87 IU retinol, and 1 IU retinyl palmitate is equivalent to 0.5 IU retinol. So, retinyl acetate has higher retinol equivalency compared to retinyl palmitate per IU of each chemical.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Review:
I don't have any miraculous experience to share.
I just want to comment that the product is excellent. It is just what I was looking for to have at hand: a simple, high-quality and pure vitamin A.
The smell is pleasant and I noticed that when I'm (probably) lower on vitamin A, it appears more pleasurable; the opposite also occurs.

Thank you! I am not expecting or selling miracles, this review is great - i.e. realistic and reasonable.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've used both estroban and nutrisorb. Also have eaten liver regularly

:oldman: that's odd mate. For extra stubborn pimples I used to apply Retinil right on the spot.

EIRE24

:oldman: that's odd mate. For extra stubborn pimples I used to apply Retinil right on the spot.
I've never tried doses over 20'000 IU's. I think my acne could have to do with a messed up gut? The vitamin A definitely doesn't help as well as everyone on here says it should?

I've never tried doses over 20'000 IU's. I think my acne could have to do with a messed up gut? The vitamin A definitely doesn't help as well as everyone on here says it should?

I guarantee you it does... eat it with enough fat and try it on your face if it's in ethanol.

Try it on my face? So you're telling me to increase my fat and then supplement more vitamin A? That is the answer?

No I mean if it's in MCT like Nutrisorb or Health Natura you must eat it with lots of fat. It it's in ethanol, I'd still eat it with fat to be sure, but also the ethanol product is awesome for direct application on the pimple. It mimicks a very high intake of vitamin A and also dries the pimple slightly, washes away some sebum to make the skin breathe, and disinfects it.

EIRE24

No I mean if it's in MCT like Nutrisorb or Health Natura you must eat it with lots of fat. It it's in ethanol, I'd still eat it with fat to be sure, but also the ethanol product is awesome for direct application on the pimple. It mimicks a very high intake of vitamin A and also dries the pimple slightly, washes away some sebum to make the skin breathe, and disinfects it.
I do run a low fat diet so maybe I'm not eating enough of it for the A to be working? I have noticed that whenever I drink alcohol like vodka and Coke which is all I ever drink my acne gets slightly better but nothing like my skin used to be pre peating. I wonder if it's an issue that I have messed up my gut lining? I would take an anti biotic to see if it helps but I'm afraid that it'll just mess me up further

EIRE24

@haidut

Is it safe to take the vitamin A in isolation of the other fat soluble vitamins? Would it be better to dose the A high and then take the other fat solubles to balance it all out?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Is it safe to take the vitamin A in isolation of the other fat soluble vitamins? Would it be better to dose the A high and then take the other fat solubles to balance it all out?

I think it is safest when combined with the other fat-solubles, especially vitamin E. It can be taken on its own in higher doses but the side effects are much worse when taken on its own. However, human studies did not show actual toxicity even from 200,000 IU taken for 6-12 months.

milk_lover

Retinil makes vitamin D supplementation very easy and smooth without bad mood/irritability. I think vitamin K2 is required with D, maybe vitamin A is required too. That is, for me, D/K2 is less effective than D/K2/A.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Retinil makes vitamin D supplementation very easy and smooth without bad mood/irritability. I think vitamin K2 is required with D, maybe vitamin A is required too. That is, for me, D/K2 is less effective than D/K2/A.

Yes, both A and D need each other as A can balance off the hypercalcemic effects of vitamin D. Vitamin K is needed to make sure the calcium that is absorbed thanks to vitamin D goes to the bone and not the soft tissues. It is the vitamin E that should not be taken together with K in large doses but in the small doses found in EstroBan it is OK.

EIRE24

Is this supplement suppose to be in the form of a white milky like substance? I thought it would be the same sort of colour as other vitamin A liquid supplements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals