Vitamin A, Retinol Or Retinyl?

Lilly

I have been supplementing with Nutrisorb A from Inter plexus ( retinol palmitate) with great results. I haven' used it in a long time since it's not available (I have contacted them and they said it will probably be ready for sale again from the beggining of the next year), so I am looking for another good vitamin A source. I have read here that Haidut has a good product Estroban that contains vitamin A and that health Natura also made one, both of then being retinyl palmitate. Is that correct? I was wondering on your thoughts on that form of vitamin A and why do you prefer it over retinol? I have always thought that retinol is way better form of vitamin A. The internet these days is full of retinyl supplements and it is very easy to find them as of retinol is nowhere to be found any more.

I think retinol is only inside the body... Haidut's has been palmitate for a while but as of late it has been retinyl acetate, unless he changed again.

Last edited:

Trambak

Haidut offers two versions. When adding his Retinyl to the basket at idealabsdc.com you can choose between:
Retinyl acetate (2,400 IU / drop in ethanol/water) and Retinyl palmitate (5,000 IU / drop in tocopherol/MCT). The palmitate is 5 dollars more expensive. I'm currently using his retinyl acetate.

OP
L

Lilly

It is marked on the packaging of Nutrisorb: Retinol as palmitate 2500 IU. So I guess it is already in that form and not only when it reaches the body.

OP
L

Lilly

Also I can see all these studies posted by Haidut about the beneficial effect of the vitamin A Retinol. So, not retinyl...

Maybe Haidut could shed some light on this? I am not that good in chemistry and biology:)

Well if they study it in the body it would likely be retinol but I imagine it would be a rather dangerous supplement :shock:

Lucenzo01

I have tried both. I need much higher doses of retinyl palmitate to get the results I got with pure retinol. But both are good and palmitic acid has benefits on its own. 1 unit of retinyl palmitate = 0.6 units of retinol. 1 unit of retinyl acetate = 0.8 units of retinol. You can find retinol on iherb, now foods and carlson sell it.

OP
L

Lilly

Can you paste links? I haven't found been able to find it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals