Question

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Yes, but I'm saying that a higher dose (or using a topical product that gives you a much higher concentration in the blood) would not overstimulate NMDA and it would modulate GABA via the progesterone conversion. So the effects are paradoxical. Having said that, I can see why you would be reluctant to try it given your bad experience with it.

You're absolutely correct, and I thought about using a little more to elicit that progesterone Effect.

EIRE24

Frank, have you had your 24 hour cortisol checked? With your history of addiction, I'm willing to be it's sky high.
Have you tried cyproheptadine? I have been using it for a couple weeks now and it's pretty great for mental issues.
Isn't there other ways to lower cortisol mainly by using food?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

FED7D12A-6C9A-4658-B6FD-E2DF5DC40904.png

I take this product occasionally, 1 per day in the AM. It’s decent, helps with depression. 2 a day is rarely needed, it’s strong.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think a lot of those herbs are supposed to improve DHEA to Cortisol ratio, and HPA axis response. Paired with coffee though, at 2 capsules daily, it’s very stimulating.

tara

Have you ever been open to a good 12 step program?
If you don't have other effective IRL support around regularly that will support you to quit the addiction, I'd put a plug in for finding a local 12 step support group too (eg AA).
If you get in imminent danger again, ring lifeline or whatever they have where you are.

You want to get out and walk around.
Replacement behaviors.
and that.
Sunshine, movement, something interesting to do.

Get the alcohol out of your house so you won't be tempted next time the urge takes you when you are at home.

Check cronometer to see what you are missing. Make sure you are covering minerals and vitamins generously with your food, or maybe some supplements if needed. Liver, oysters if you can or other seafood, fruit and veges, protein, ...

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

If you don't have other effective IRL support around regularly that will support you to quit the addiction, I'd put a plug in for finding a local 12 step support group too (eg AA).
If you get in imminent danger again, ring lifeline or whatever they have where you are.

and that.
Sunshine, movement, something interesting to do.

Get the alcohol out of your house so you won't be tempted next time the urge takes you when you are at home.

Check cronometer to see what you are missing. Make sure you are covering minerals and vitamins generously with your food, or maybe some supplements if needed. Liver, oysters if you can or other seafood, fruit and veges, protein, ...

Thanks, yeah, alcohol never lasts in my house. Lol. Binge drinking is the issue, AA is geared towards complete abstinence, idk.

tara

Thanks, yeah, alcohol never lasts in my house. Lol. Binge drinking is the issue, AA is geared towards complete abstinence, idk.
If you can quit the binge drinking and have a drink out from time to time socially (but not 3 or 6) without it setting you off into another binge, then you might get away with just not having it in your house?
But if one drink tends to lead to too many, then abstinence may be the way out, and that's what AA is apparently good at supporting.

It's unlikely that the alcohol is doing you or your health and life any good, so even if it feels hard (that's where support from other people encouraging you might be helpful), you could consider trying a stretch without it - you never know, you might get to like it. :)

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

If you can quit the binge drinking and have a drink out from time to time socially (but not 3 or 6) without it setting you off into another binge, then you might get away with just not having it in your house?
But if one drink tends to lead to too many, then abstinence may be the way out, and that's what AA is apparently good at supporting.

It's unlikely that the alcohol is doing you or your health and life any good, so even if it feels hard (that's where support from other people encouraging you might be helpful), you could consider trying a stretch without it - you never know, you might get to like it. :)

Oh your absolute right, and can’t argue with that logic. It’s harming me, I want to stop resorting to it when socially anxious. Well it starts that way, lol. There’s a saying in AA, one is too many, and a thousand is never enough. Thanks Tara

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

One thing I should mention, I’ve always had a dysthymic disposition as far as childhood. If I were to say specifically, cyclothymic fits me well. I don’t get manic, just okay. Then I’m depressed out of nowhere. Chronic mood disorder for sure. It was intense for my ex wife to witness, she’d say it was a nauseating roller coaster with me. So I guess my point is, having something like this, feeds on drinking, and vice versa. I have a very solitary nature on top of that, it’s a mixed blessing. Gross.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

LUH 3417

I have this problem with chronic marijuana use since it's the only thing that helps me sleep. I find eating liver very helpful. It really gets me out of doom and gloom.

Also microdosing psilocybin helps me get out of ruts like nothing else. I grind a bag of dried shrooms in a coffee grinder and fill a gelatin capsule every 4 days. So far it's worked like nothing else to keep me moving. I don't know the exact dosage because my scale is inaccurate but think each capsule is about .4g.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I have this problem with chronic marijuana use since it's the only thing that helps me sleep. I find eating liver very helpful. It really gets me out of doom and gloom.

Also microdosing psilocybin helps me get out of ruts like nothing else. I grind a bag of dried shrooms in a coffee grinder and fill a gelatin capsule every 4 days. So far it's worked like nothing else to keep me moving. I don't know the exact dosage because my scale is inaccurate but think each capsule is about .4g.

Hey would it be tough knowing how much psilocybin that strain of shrooms yields ? Have you tried anything else for sleep? Magnesium, Taurine, Glycine, Valerian, Kava, Progesterone, oral GABA, Zinc, Niacinamide? Just weed ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals