Question

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Interestingly, when I used heroin in my teens, I never drank. I also, rarely see primarily opiate addicts with drinking habits. Usually, it’s poly drug abuse or something. And alcohol never helped heroin withdrawals, never.

Peatful

@Frankdee20
You have so much to offer someone.
Have you ever been open to a good 12 step program?

EIRE24

Oh ***t, let me be clear that I don’t use heroin or any illicit drugs prescription or not. I needed a Catchy opener, and I appreciate the feedback from everyone. So yeah, FRANK DRINKS ALOT BUT DOESNT USE HEROIN LOL
Ok, thats actually what I initially thought but wanted to clear things up. I think a lot of people not just us two use alcohol as a coping mechanism and it clearly isnt the worst of them!

EIRE24

Interestingly, when I used heroin in my teens, I never drank. I also, rarely see primarily opiate addicts with drinking habits. Usually, it’s poly drug abuse or something. And alcohol never helped heroin withdrawals, never.
Well I know in my situation, one always leads to the other. And no, i've never smoked weed or done heroin but cocaine is a pretty widespread drug now a days and knocks about clubs and bars etc. I actually think it is an energy issue and alcohol and whatever else is just a thing used in place to make up for the deficit in energy

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I actually think it is an energy issue and alcohol and whatever else is just a thing used in place to make up for the deficit in energy
Ditto that.

EIRE24

Ditto that.
Also though, the kind of head space and freedom getting drunk gives you meaning you dont have to think much about anything is another reason for it. Probelms need to be sorted and the alcohol wont have that hold anymore

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

4879786F-2FC5-4D0B-8B2B-925593D57153.jpeg This is a good thread

milk_lover

@Frankdee20 I am glad you are ok by now. I would stop using pregnenolone for now as someone has mentioned earlier. I don't react that well to pregnenolone by itself. If there is little DHEA, I don't get anxiety or any bad thing from pregnenolone. The combination of them both is the best imo.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

@Frankdee20 I am glad you are ok by now. I would stop using pregnenolone for now as someone has mentioned earlier. I don't react that well to pregnenolone by itself. If there is little DHEA, I don't get anxiety or any bad thing from pregnenolone. The combination of them both is the best imo.

Yeah, I caught on to that, DHEA must be shutting off some anxiety inducing, conversion mechanism.

milk_lover

Yeah, I caught on to that, DHEA must be shutting off some anxiety inducing, conversion mechanism.
I think of DHEA as the little brother who is wiser than his big brother, pregnenolone. Incase the big brother acts wildly, the little brother calms him down and guides him to the right path (path of steroid conversions).

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think of DHEA as the little brother who is wiser than his big brother, pregnenolone. Incase the big brother acts wildly, the little brother calms him down and guides him to the right path (path of steroid conversions).

Yeah no doubt, I learned yesterday that topical DHEA is strongly androgenic. Less likely to convert to Estrogen than oral or sublingual. Also, my experience with sublingual Pregnenalone is always stimulating. The occasions when I get relaxed from Pregnenalone is via oral route. Sometimes, it can make me so depersonalized though. Idk.

milk_lover

Yeah no doubt, I learned yesterday that topical DHEA is strongly androgenic. Less likely to convert to Estrogen than oral or sublingual. Also, my experience with sublingual Pregnenalone is always stimulating. The occasions when I get relaxed from Pregnenalone is via oral route. Sometimes, it can make me so depersonalized though. Idk.
Where do you apply the topical DHEA?

Dhair

Frank, have you had your 24 hour cortisol checked? With your history of addiction, I'm willing to be it's sky high.
Have you tried cyproheptadine? I have been using it for a couple weeks now and it's pretty great for mental issues.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Where do you apply the topical DHEA?

Haven’t used any type of DHEA yet. As I was looking into using it, for combined effect, I came across that information. Haidut posted a link, supporting that finding.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Frank, have you had your 24 hour cortisol checked? With your history of addiction, I'm willing to be it's sky high.
Have you tried cyproheptadine? I have been using it for a couple weeks now and it's pretty great for mental issues.

Not in a long time, decades, 24 hour or otherwise. So, you talking about 3 or 4 separate draws on a given day ? Saliva or blood ? Which is better or more accurate ?

Dhair

Not in a long time, decades, 24 hour or otherwise. So, you talking about 3 or 4 separate draws on a given day ? Saliva or blood ? Which is better or more accurate ?
I think haidut recommended to someone that both AM and PM blood draws are the most accurate, if it's possible for you to do that. So it would be 2 blood draws total, but I think in your case it would be worth doing. Maybe even get a full panel done.
Also, regarding your experience with pregnenolone, I'm not surprised that 10mg orally makes you anxious. Most preg is not very good quality, and a much higher dose would be needed to calm the HPA. Topical seems to work better for most people as well. However, if you have confirmed high cortisol, I think cyproheptadine would be the way to go.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

I think haidut recommended to someone that both AM and PM blood draws are the most accurate, if it's possible for you to do that. So it would be 2 blood draws total, but I think in your case it would be worth doing. Maybe even get a full panel done.
Also, regarding your experience with pregnenolone, I'm not surprised that 10mg orally makes you anxious. Most preg is not very good quality, and a much higher dose would be needed to calm the HPA. Topical seems to work better for most people as well. However, if you have confirmed high cortisol, I think cyproheptadine would be the way to go.

Yeah but that experience was solely using the sublingual route. I guess it remains as Pregnenalone Sulfate in the blood. Which is stimulating via NMDA activation and GABA antagonism.

Dhair

Yeah but that experience was solely using the sublingual route. I guess it remains as Pregnenalone Sulfate in the blood. Which is stimulating via NMDA activation and GABA antagonism.
Yes, but I'm saying that a higher dose (or using a topical product that gives you a much higher concentration in the blood) would not overstimulate NMDA and it would modulate GABA via the progesterone conversion. So the effects are paradoxical. Having said that, I can see why you would be reluctant to try it given your bad experience with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals