Questions About Anti-inflammatory Diet

Please be gentle. I am just starting to get into an anti-inflammatory diet.

I have been injured by the Pfizer vaccine. I have nerve problems that I believe are either autoimmune or inflammatory in nature.

I have to transition slowly -- adding new things one at a time -- because some 'good' foods have actually made the problem worse. (Spinach and canned beans made the problem worse).

I have a few questions:

1. If I end up eating 9 foods that are anti-inflammatory but then I eat one really bad food, how serious is that one bad food? Can one bad food ruin your entire progress? Do I need 100% of my foods to be good or can I have just like one a day that is bad?

2. Are protein drinks with zero sugar considered processed foods and therefore bad?

3. I do not like dark chocolate. Is there anyway to get some chocolate in that isn't bad? I am kind of addicted to chocolate.

4. How good or bad are canned goods: canned peas, canned pineapple, and a jar of olives for instance. Are these at least better than a candy bar? What about grape juice with no added sugar?

5. Here is a list of whole foods that I love. Are all of these considered top notch? Fresh whole mushrooms, strawberries, bananas, garlic, onions, potatoes, carrots, and oranges.

6. Is red wine worth going out and buying or, since it is alcohol, should I avoid it?

7. Should I go and buy boneless chicken breasts or should I avoid meat?

8. Are Quaker Oats (just the barrel of oats and not the little sugar added packets) good?

THANK YOU!

Here are my 2 cents.

1. Choose foods you feel harms you least
2. Protein triggers mtor and mtor is somethjing oposite to anti-inflamatory. I would say you need to lower your protein to be in your best anti-inflamatory state.
3. Choose products that does not contains a lot of suggars and useless additives and still fits you.
4. It depends, stay away from sugars tho like grape juice and canned fruits.
5. Swap potatoes to other veggies.
6. It depends on dose. Alcohol is bad tho red wine is good for digestion for most people.
7. Meat is fine, tho for max anti-inflamatory state you need to boost AMPK. So fast mimicking diet could fit here.
8. For most people those are not bad, but again - it depends what it does to you.

I have been injured by the Pfizer vaccine. I have nerve problems that I believe are either autoimmune or inflammatory in nature.

I have to transition slowly -- adding new things one at a time -- because some 'good' foods have actually made the problem worse. (Spinach and canned beans made the problem worse).

I have a few questions:

1. If I end up eating 9 foods that are anti-inflammatory but then I eat one really bad food, how serious is that one bad food? Can one bad food ruin your entire progress? Do I need 100% of my foods to be good or can I have just like one a day that is bad?

2. Are protein drinks with zero sugar considered processed foods and therefore bad?

3. I do not like dark chocolate. Is there anyway to get some chocolate in that isn't bad? I am kind of addicted to chocolate.

4. How good or bad are canned goods: canned peas, canned pineapple, and a jar of olives for instance. Are these at least better than a candy bar? What about grape juice with no added sugar?

5. Here is a list of whole foods that I love. Are all of these considered top notch? Fresh whole mushrooms, strawberries, bananas, garlic, onions, potatoes, carrots, and oranges.

6. Is red wine worth going out and buying or, since it is alcohol, should I avoid it?

7. Should I go and buy boneless chicken breasts or should I avoid meat?

8. Are Quaker Oats (just the barrel of oats and not the little sugar added packets) good?

THANK YOU!

If you are vaccine injured you may want to consider a low histamine diet (which is also anti-inflammatory). Dr. Beth O'hara at Mastcell360 has good but advanced info on this type of diet. A low histamine diet is even more restrictive and can be more therapeutic than a paleo diet or gluten-free diet, at lowering inflammation.

1. Eat as best as you can. If you improve the quality of your diet by 90% but not perfectly, you may be able to significantly reduce your inflammation.

2. I would say most protein drinks are probably made out of milk or soy, and aren't the best. Try to avoid packaged foods, if possible.

3. If you crave chocolate, you may be low on magnesium. Consider

4. Canned goods are high histamine. Pineapple is extra high histamine: don't eat it. Any of these are better than a candy bar.

5. Carrots are the least inflammatory on this list. Bananas and organes are OK in moderation (a piece of fruit per day).

6. Alcohol is inflammatory and red wine tends to be high histamine. Avoid alcohol.

7. Boneless chicken breast is "OK" - but frozen turkey burgers are a better choice.

8. Oats are not the best choice, moderately inflammatory for many people.

Instead of trying to pick from a list of favorite foods, which will have lots of culprits, it may be easier to go on a very narrow diet for a while.

Here is a sample lower histamine 'vaccine recovery diet' that, while not perfect, is less likely to set off your immune system

White rice
Eggs
Frozen turkey burgers
broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts or asparagus
Romaine lettuce
Olive oil (as much as you want)
salt & pepper

snacks: pistachio or macadamia nuts, honey, green apple,

P

Peatness

We don’t hear much about the potatoes juice protein these days. It might help. Rinse has a step by step guide of how to make it. You could also just boil and drink

Sorry you are injured.

What about a frozen turkey burger makes it a priority for me to buy? Thank you.

Meat grows bacteria on it the longer it sits around in the fridge (or room temperature). These bacteria excrete histamine. Excess histamine can cause an already 'flared up' immune system to stay flared up or not cool down, causing inflammation in histamine intolerant or sensitive people.

"Fresh" meat like chicken breasts or ground turkey in containers have been siting around for days or weeks, growing bacteria.

Pretty much all (commercial) beef is deliberately "aged" which sends histamine levels through the roof.

When you freeze meat, it stops bacteria proliferation and histamine buildup.

Frozen turkey has a higher chance that it was frozen shortly after slaughter (no guarantees, but higher chance). I suppose frozen chicken products are fine too. I just suggest turkey burgers because they are convenient to thaw each day, cook and portion.

If you want guaranteed low histamine meat it is harder to get - you have to order from a special farm and get it shipped in dry ice or you can get fish "frozen on the boat", etc.

Or you can get very fresh meat from a local farm or speciality butcher - cook it and freeze it that day, then thaw it each day to eat from.

I think that is a lot of effort and expense and think turkey burgers are a good compromise for a very basic / beginner lower histamine, anti-inflammatory diet.

Canned beans are high lectins + high histamine.

Spinach is high oxalates + high histamine.

The list of foods I recommended above are lower in histamine, lectins, oxalates, gluten, fructose / sugar... all major & common inflammatory "culprits."