Effects Alcohol Has On Me

DaveFoster

Up until last year I'd never really touched alcohol, for no particular reason.

Since changing jobs with a lot of social events, I've found that alcohol (almost exclusively gin and lemonade) makes me think deeply about live and shortly after a few drinks and 'spacing out' I'm depressed. I didn't quite realise it was so apparent until remembering that last night a few people asked if I'm ok because I look like I'm either about to cry or top myself.

So we know alcohol is a depressant, but the question is, after just 3 drinks I'm super depressed and could it be serotonin issues, the same that cause my terrible digestion? From what little I know, serotonin is the 'happy' hormone, but it seems the idea on here is to reduce it?
One gentleman that I personally talked to began taking thyroid and higher dosages of aspirin. He no longer had any craving for alcohol, and he found that his depression and anxiety vanished.

OP
N

Nstocks

Alcohol is, or what I want it to be is part of a social setting to relax and/or have higher energy to enjoy life a bit more. I rarely drink and could quite easily go without it most of the time as it has on occasion made me very sad which is possible building upon whatever issues I have? It could just be low Vit B that alcohol plays upon..

Alcohol is, or what I want it to be is part of a social setting to relax and/or have higher energy to enjoy life a bit more. I rarely drink and could quite easily go without it most of the time as it has on occasion made me very sad which is possible building upon whatever issues I have? It could just be low Vit B that alcohol plays upon..

Getting enough Thiamine does 2 things for me in this regard.

1. I reduced urge to drink. Easy to go many days not drinking.

2. When I do drink, the buzz is no longer manic or depressive, it is just mellow, in a way it is less fun, but drinking past the buzzed stage never really is fun anyway - so something about the way it smooths out my response to alcohol also makes me a more moderate drinker. Simply because there is less fun to be had, I think this is a good thing, alcohol should just be moderately fun, bigger kicks should come from other things.

Dobbler

I havent drinked for 6 years, and while i dont really crave the alcohol itself, i crave the social aspect of drinking because i have never experienced it, as sad as it sounds, and im under 25 yo. I think for many people the alcohol craving might actually be the social bonding and bar environment. When do you see bunch of guys and girls sit down and have good time WITHOUT any alcohol? Not very often. Alcohol also lowers the threshold to talk to other people and makes you bond more easily. I assume it's very awkward going to bar and drinking redbull while others are drunk as hell. Or going out with people and being the only one not drinking, you're immediately the outcast of the group.

OP
N

Nstocks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals