Effects Alcohol Has On Me

Nstocks

Up until last year I'd never really touched alcohol, for no particular reason.

Since changing jobs with a lot of social events, I've found that alcohol (almost exclusively gin and lemonade) makes me think deeply about live and shortly after a few drinks and 'spacing out' I'm depressed. I didn't quite realise it was so apparent until remembering that last night a few people asked if I'm ok because I look like I'm either about to cry or top myself.

So we know alcohol is a depressant, but the question is, after just 3 drinks I'm super depressed and could it be serotonin issues, the same that cause my terrible digestion? From what little I know, serotonin is the 'happy' hormone, but it seems the idea on here is to reduce it?

Vinero

Yes. A large part of that can be beef. Skinless Turkey and Chicken breast are good too.

OP
N

Nstocks

I eat chicken breast daily and white fish. A bit of lactose free dairy and those are my main sources.

lampofred

You might be deficient in B vitamins, especially B6.

Vinero

There is a next level on this forum, whereby a radical new theory is forming. Vitamin A appears to be a toxin actually and a cause of auto-immune diseases. Long story short, many people who are on a low vitamin A diet have improved their liver function (among other things) and find that they can actually enjoy alcohol again. It appears that vitamin A is a burden to the liver.

Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

OP
N

Nstocks

I had a fairly basic blood test done last month, B12 was 313.0 pmol/L. No otherB vitamins were tested due to cost.

Runenight201

Not all alcohols are equal. Try drinking tequila, and I bet you’ll notice quite the excitory effect.

OP
N

Nstocks

Not all alcohols are equal. Try drinking tequila, and I bet you’ll notice quite the excitory effect.

I was just looking at other alcohols that make people happy and sure enough tequila came up!

Tequila sunrise it is!

OP
N

Nstocks

What causes the different effect, compared to let's say vodka or rum?

I can only speak for Tequila which is distilled or fermented differently to other spirits but I'm not sure how or if they effects the brain differently.

Vinero

I used to love drinking a few years ago. It made me feel so euphoric, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Nowadays I just get tired and irritable. I am trying to improve my liver function so that I can one day enjoy drinking again.
My diet at the time when drinking used to be awesome: white rice, bread, potatoes, beef, chicken and turkey, mushrooms, some cocoa.
Diet over the last few years when drinking became not so fun anymore: milk, cheese, eggs, carrots, orange juice and other fruits, shellfish, some leafy greens.

OP
N

Nstocks

You might be deficient in B vitamins, especially B6.

Possibly. Getting all B vitamins and Vitamins A will cost around £500 which is just not possible. Are these specific B vitamins I could test?

OP
N

Nstocks

I used to love drinking a few years ago. It made me feel so euphoric, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Nowadays I just get tired and irritable. I am trying to improve my liver function so that I can one day enjoy drinking again.
My diet at the time when drinking used to be awesome: white rice, bread, potatoes, beef, chicken and turkey, mushrooms, some cocoa.
Diet over the last few years when drinking became not so fun anymore: milk, cheese, eggs, carrots, orange juice and other fruits, shellfish, some leafy greens.

Eliminating starch has been helpful for my bloating, but still very constipated. My diet is very bland too and I'm giving wel lcooked baby button mushroom a go. The raw carrot salad didn't work for me.

lampofred

Possibly. Getting all B vitamins and Vitamins A will cost around £500 which is just not possible. Are these specific B vitamins I could test?

You could probably just eat some more liver (rich in B-vitamins) and take a B6 or general B-complex supplement and see if it helps. There's no risk in overdosing on B-vitamins for the most part because your body just pees out any excess, so there's probably no need to get a specific test.

Runenight201

What causes the different effect, compared to let's say vodka or rum?

I don’t know the biochemical reason why, but tequila with soda makes me happy, sharp, sociable, and energetic. Any other alcohol depresses. Anecdotally it’s common that people who drink tequila have wild nights, usually with much euphoria. It’s why a lot of people avoid it, because in excess it makes them do things they would not have done in a less excited state.

OP
N

Nstocks

I'm going to order some blood tests and given the cost I would appreciate input on the merit or worth of the comprehensive packages available.

Package 1: Body Transformation Blood Test from Ultimate Performance & Medichecks

Package 2: Advanced Well Man Check - Well Man Blood Test | Medichecks.com

One tests includes magnesium which I'm considering supplementing and the other does not. It's £29 extra. The more expensive package adds thyroid antibodies but I'm not specifically looking at thyroid testing.

Both only test for B12 and if I want all vitamins it's £280.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals