Body focused repetitive behavior

DeuceNAHalf

Hi everyone, first post here.

i was wondering if anyone here as had any success with reducing the symptoms of Body focused repetitive behaviors. I have trichotillomania which is a hair pulling disorder in a very specific part of my scalp, others have it other places on their body including eyebrows, eyelashes, and pubic areas. The best I can explain it is that it feels like one of the itches that you can’t scratch, but pulling the hair offers a moment of Instantaneous relief. I also bite my nails a lot. It doesn’t seem to be consistent. Sometimes I feel it when I’m feeling really good and sometimes when I feel really Bad. I use cyproheptadine and lisuride, I supplement prognenelone, progesterone, DHEA, and get my fair share of vitamins and eat pretty peaty. It gets worse whenever I am stressed, I pull when I have to take exams or am studying or in class, but it also seems to be exacerbated when I am relaxed and bored at night. It’s been an issue for years and I’m still confused about how it might work and what I can do about it. Thanks!

MaghettaMom

Some people have had success taking NAC (as well as taurine in some cases). My daughter has it and does pretty well on 1200 mg of NAC a day. She also uses a Keen, Habitaware bracelet to train herself to replace the behavior.