Prolactin Results !

Sajid

Just got tested for prolactin and testosterone , just to check how things are going with my body. As I have heard prolactin is the true marker to show estrogenic activity in the tissues and relates with serotonin if I am right. So I have got the results for prolactin for now, testosterone will follow. What levels should a male have , and hows mine according to that ?

Prolactin - 12.87 ng/ml ( 2.1 to 17.7 )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181230-230415.jpg
    Screenshot_20181230-230415.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 150

A.R

Ive also just got prolactin tested, and the reference range for adult males was between 3 and 14.7.

I’m not a doctor, but your levels are a bit high, showing your body is under some sort of stress.

What were you’re t levels?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Mine showed up at 14, though it has been at 18 in the past
You should read @Luckytype’s posts. His was about the same as yours IIRC and he was able to bring it down with mostly diet, lifestyle and metabolism support. I don’t think he had to take dopaminergic drugs for lowering prolactin although admittedly I probably haven’t read everything he’s written about his experience.

Luckytype

Prolactin is a good indicator of estrogen presence. It can be used as a proxy indicator of estrogen and serotonin. Big things to consider are your food intakes, the amount of light you get each day, sleep patterns, and since they also travel commonly, cortisol.

Phoenix

Low Free T3 directly correlates to prolactin increase, I've observed, during the past 18 months on T3 replacement.

A.R

Low Free T3 directly correlates to prolactin increase, I've observed, during the past 18 months on T3 replacement.
So how should we counter this problem then in your opinion?

Amazigh

I'm not a guy, but I had mine near the upper threshold of the "normal" reference range that they print on the results and my estrogen:progesterone ratio was 2:10 instead of the ideal 1:10. I was having symptoms of high prolactin including cyclic breast pain and mid cycle bleeding, and Lisuride really helped with that, so it seems to be similar with as with some other markers that even if it's within "normal" it could still be problematic.

A.R

I'm not a guy, but I had mine near the upper threshold of the "normal" reference range that they print on the results and my estrogen:progesterone ratio was 2:10 instead of the ideal 1:10. I was having symptoms of high prolactin including cyclic breast pain and mid cycle bleeding, and Lisuride really helped with that, so it seems to be similar with as with some other markers that even if it's within "normal" it could still be problematic.
What dose Lisuride did you take, and was it oral or topical? I tried Lisuride, but I got shakiness from it (high adrenaline symptoms) I used tablet form

Amazigh

What dose Lisuride did you take, and was it oral or topical? I tried Lisuride, but I got shakiness from it (high adrenaline symptoms) I used tablet form

I used 4 drops of the IdeaLabs Lisuride topically. I didn't have any side effects such as what you mentioned.

Risingfire

I believe Ray has said it's much more effective transdermally

Mauritio

Are you sure about that?
The only thing I know heading that direction is that T3 increases estrogen turnover which is no problem if you do not have sluggish liver . If that was the case estrogen levels were to rise up IIRC and since they correlate both really strongly it could lead to higher prolactin levels in the end.
So @A.R to answer your question , I think working on the liver might take care of that.
Anyone got any other suggestions?
I also had increased estrogen "symptoms" when I started T3 (microdoses) but they went away after a few doses .

A.R

Are you sure about that?
The only thing I know heading that direction is that T3 increases estrogen turnover which is no problem if you do not have sluggish liver . If that was the case estrogen levels were to rise up IIRC and since they correlate both really strongly it could lead to higher prolactin levels in the end.
So @A.R to answer your question , I think working on the liver might take care of that.
Anyone got any other suggestions?
I also had increased estrogen "symptoms" when I started T3 (microdoses) but they went away after a few doses .
Sluggish liver being the cause sounds a very reasonable explanation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals