Peaty supplements / diet increased my Prolactin and Estradiol. Why?

gaze

It's not fine, it's actually one of my biggest pains. I suffer from permanent bloating.
oh yea, then that means your under chronic serotonin, prolactin, estrogen, and bacteria which is blocking your liver production leading to low T and progesterone. Digestion should be flawless when your really healthy. Your headache is probably from some sort of pressure in the colon or bacteria in the small intestine. Of course, as you probably are already aware of digestion is just about the hardest thing to figure out, and I myself have plenty of issues with it.

stsfut

PRL of 11 is fine and honestly it fluctuates a lot. Especially if you jerked off like within last 12 hours, or hard exercise for that matter.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

oh yea, then that means your under chronic serotonin, prolactin, estrogen, and bacteria which is blocking your liver production leading to low T and progesterone. Digestion should be flawless when your really healthy. Your headache is probably from some sort of pressure in the colon or bacteria in the small intestine. Of course, as you probably are already aware of digestion is just about the hardest thing to figure out, and I myself have plenty of issues with it.
The bloating is messing me up big time. Might wanna do some diet experiments: meat & honey & fruits & juice, no dairy or starch.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

PRL of 11 is fine and honestly it fluctuates a lot. Especially if you jerked off like within last 12 hours, or hard exercise for that matter.
I did both of those.
Regardless of blood results, I just subjectivity feel bad.

gaze

The bloating is messing me up big time. Might wanna do some diet experiments: meat & honey & fruits & juice, no dairy or starch.
for me personally, honey is one of the worst foods I react too. Causes sneezing and digestive problems, I suspect its because im allergic to the pollen. For me, the best food I've ever found is Straus milk if your in California or in the west. Its unfortified and unhomogenized but lightly pasteurized. I can drink the peat recommendation of 2 quarts a day with no problem. At the end of the day its all about what foods you can handle personally though, but things like vitamin D help the digestion of all foods. I wouldn't try to hit a calorie quota, because that causes sluggishness. I would eat smaller meals and let it digest then once you get hungry eat again.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I will took some new blood tests in 2 weeks. I think I over-reacted over my results, they are statistically not far from my average. The blood was drawn at 9:30AM, and I lifted weights the day before. Also read how PMO can elevate Prolactin for up to 3 days, so that explains it.
Still, I have to strive for improvement, especially to my Test levels.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

UPDATE:
Took a fresh round of blood tests today, waiting for all results to come in.

LDL cholesterol: 118 mg/dL
I assume this is optimal. This would put my total cholesterol levels to around 200 mg/dL.(haven't tested HDL or total)

Prolactin: 8,22 ng/mL. Range (2,1 - 17,7) | Previous value: 10.02
This looks also optimal. I remember Danny Roddy saying that Prolactin under 9 is optimal.

Estradiol: 30 pg/mL. Lowered from 33 last time.
This could be lower, but none of the less, not a bad value.

Testosterone: 318 ng/dL. Previous value 308 ng/dL
Disappointing result. Nothing seems to bring my T up by significantly.

TSH: 2,0080 µUI/mL. Raised from 1,58 a month ago.
Not sure why my TSH raised, perhaps a random fluctuation. I started taking more T4 2 weeks ago.

FT4: 1,08 ng/dL | Range (0,89 - 1,76). Previous value: 1,34
Low range of normal. I started taking 50mcg of T4 1 week ago, hopefully this will increase my FT4

FT3: 3,41 pg/mL | Range (2,0 - 4,4)
Mid-range of normal.

The 2 problems that need fixing / optimizing are testosterone and thyroid. I have no clue what is keeping my T levels that low.

Thoughts on the FT4 and FT3 results.? I am currently on 10-15mcg of T3, been doing this for months. And more recently, I added 25mcg of T4 in the last few weeks.
1 week ago, I raised my T4 dose to 50mcg.

Vanset

UPDATE:
Took a fresh round of blood tests today, waiting for all results to come in.

LDL cholesterol: 118 mg/dL
I assume this is optimal. This would put my total cholesterol levels to around 200 mg/dL.(haven't tested HDL or total)

Prolactin: 8,22 ng/mL. Range (2,1 - 17,7) | Previous value: 10.02
This looks also optimal. I remember Danny Roddy saying that Prolactin under 9 is optimal.

Estradiol: 30 pg/mL. Lowered from 33 last time.
This could be lower, but none of the less, not a bad value.

Testosterone: 318 ng/dL. Previous value 308 ng/dL
Disappointing result. Nothing seems to bring my T up by significantly.

TSH: 2,0080 µUI/mL. Raised from 1,58 a month ago.
Not sure why my TSH raised, perhaps a random fluctuation. I started taking more T4 2 weeks ago.

FT4: 1,08 ng/dL | Range (0,89 - 1,76). Previous value: 1,34
Low range of normal. I started taking 50mcg of T4 1 week ago, hopefully this will increase my FT4

FT3: 3,41 pg/mL | Range (2,0 - 4,4)
Mid-range of normal.

The 2 problems that need fixing / optimizing are testosterone and thyroid. I have no clue what is keeping my T levels that low.

Thoughts on the FT4 and FT3 results.? I am currently on 10-15mcg of T3, been doing this for months. And more recently, I added 25mcg of T4 in the last few weeks.
1 week ago, I raised my T4 dose to 50mcg.
thyroid looks okay. on paper definitely doesn't warrant T levels of 300.

what do you eat nowadays?

have you ever tested your steroid hormones after consistent long term t4? not t3.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

thyroid looks okay. on paper definitely doesn't warrant T levels of 300.

what do you eat nowadays?

have you ever tested your steroid hormones after consistent long term t4? not t3.
No. I never took T4 consistently until now.

Rasaari

T is definitely very low, especially for your age. You could take blood tests for FSH, LH and possibly gnrh to see where the problem lies, whether it is testies underperforming, or something in your hpta-axis. Pansterone/k2/t3 on the balls to wake em up. HCG if the testies are really lousy. If it's your pituitary I would consider some kind of anti-estrogen, possibly exemestane, as your other anti-estrogen measures are not working. Your spine can be compromised too, but very rare. Cleaning up the intestines, continuing figuring the thyroid and having adequate vitamin D/A especially now in the winter. But the levels are so low I don't expect much from dietary measures.

OccamzRazer

Sleep has been bad lately, got to bed at 1am on average, and I woke up with a headache.
IMO this is the first thing to address. Everything else is of secondary importance.

Why not get to sleep by 10 every day for a month...and then re-test your T levels? Seems like a simple way to gauge improvements.

Last edited:
OP
G

GreekDemiGod

IMO this is the first thing to address. Everything else is of secondary importance.

Why not get to sleep by 10 every day for a month...and then re-test your T levels? Seems like a simple way to gauge improvements.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking.
The morning headaches were actually from overdoing T3.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

T is definitely very low, especially for your age. You could take blood tests for FSH, LH and possibly gnrh to see where the problem lies, whether it is testies underperforming, or something in your hpta-axis. Pansterone/k2/t3 on the balls to wake em up. HCG if the testies are really lousy. If it's your pituitary I would consider some kind of anti-estrogen, possibly exemestane, as your other anti-estrogen measures are not working. Your spine can be compromised too, but very rare. Cleaning up the intestines, continuing figuring the thyroid and having adequate vitamin D/A especially now in the winter. But the levels are so low I don't expect much from dietary measures.
2 years ago, I had tests for FSH and LH and they cane in the low normal range:

FSH 2.29 mUI/mL (range 1.5 - 12.4)
LH 3.96 mUI/mL (range 1.7 - 8.6

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

And another result from Monday's tests. My SHBG is surprisingly low. Has dropped from 2 years ago.
Last 2 results from 2019 were: 41 nmol/L(while on the Carnivore Diet) and 25 nmol/L(shortly after quitting Carnivore).

1642582061886.png

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

My rT3 result came back and it’s giving me a lot to think about. It’s in the upper normal range, at the top.

reverse T3 (rT3)
190,7 pg/mL (90 - 215 range)

Given this, you would say that doubling my T4 intake shouldn’t have been the right choice, but my temps have consistently improved now.
I wonder what’s keeping my rT3 that high. Will definitely have to test again in a month or so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals