Peaty supplements / diet increased my Prolactin and Estradiol. Why?

GreekDemiGod

I am writing this post in order to get a better understanding, not to criticize.
I did some minimal blood test this morning cause I paid 'out of pocket'

Total Testosterone
-
no dramatic increase in T levels, despite pro-androgenic diet (high-carb, sufficient SFA, sufficient protein, low-ish PUFA)
- my levels actually decreased
- poor sleep in the past few months may have contributed.
- on-and-off supplementation of Pregnenolone + DHEA (in the form of Pansterone from Idealabs) & Androsterone more recently did not result in increased T levels
- no positive androgenic effects of the Peat lifestyle despite stress reduction methods and supplements (Aspirin, Cypro on and off

Prolactin
-
increased despite taking Lisuride for the past 2-3 weeks.
- Went from 8 to 11.

Estradiol
- another cluster**** of a result
- went from 21 to 33. WTF?

TSH
- the only positive result
- Went from 2.8 to 2.1. Likely T3 supplementation having a positive effect

Notes
In the past few months, I've been bulking. Gained some muscle, but also gained some midsection fat, and the chest became puffier (sign of increased prolactin)? Could the Estrogen increase be explained by the increase in bodyfat?
It's not like I went overboard, I am 16% BF, I'd say.

bioclinica.png

MidBicep

Geez dude if you're gonna down the hormone supplementation rabbit hole aside from thyroid, just pin some T instead of woman hormones lol

Jayvee

I’m sure Cypro made my prolactin and estrogen rebound up (that probably makes no sense but it was one of the only things I did differently at the time of taking it).

Also anything that increases T too much seems to do it. I am PFS though so my 5ar enzyme isn’t firing in full effect. I’m constantly battling with Prolactin but Gelatine and P5P have improved that more than anything and they are both peat friendly (not sure on the P5P).

I’m far from expert on this but that’s what’s been helping me fight prolactin.

keytothecity

Dhea and preg supplements are trash indeed
More belly fat is caused by higher E, not P
Training + bad sleep bad for t
Winter

mostlylurking

- no dramatic increase in T levels, despite pro-androgenic diet (high-carb, sufficient SFA, sufficient protein, low-ish PUFA)
But what does that mean? Low-ish PUFA? High-carb?? "Sufficient protein"??? You have not revealed anything. Whazza "pro-androgenic diet"?? What does that mean? EXACTLY? What are you eating????

Mauritio

Prolactin
-
- Went from 8 to 11.
That part surprised me the most . Lisuride should actually crash prolactin. I recall somebody else on this forum saying that lisuride couldn't remove prolactin symptoms ,but bromocriptine could ...

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

That part surprised me the most . Lisuride should actually crash prolactin. I recall somebody else on this forum saying that lisuride couldn't remove prolactin symptoms ,but bromocriptine could ...
Perhaps it was even higher, and taking Lisuride has brought it down a bit? Can't know for sure. The other supps. I was using for longer time.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Another thing I will have to confess is that my 'Nofap game' has been really weak. But it's not like it was much different a year ago when I had lower prolactin.

haidut

Forum Supporter
on-and-off supplementation of Pregnenolone + DHEA (in the form of Pansterone from Idealabs) & Androsterone

Androsterone is suppressive and it raises DHT but may lower testosterone, depending on how much you take. All steroids that are strong androgens have this property, natural or synthetic alike. Pregnenolnoe+DHEA on its own was reported to increase T levels. Did you measure DHT levels on any of the tests?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Androsterone is suppressive and it raises DHT but may lower testosterone, depending on how much you take. All steroids that are strong androgens have this property, natural or synthetic alike. Pregnenolnoe+DHEA on its own was reported to increase T levels. Did you measure DHT levels on any of the tests?
I was aware of that.
Have not measured DHT levels unfortunately, though I've felt subjectively symptoms of higher DHT (noticeably deeper voice, increase in beard growth and density.
I have used Pan on its own for a few months before that, but did not test, so cannot speculate whether it did increase my T at that time.

My T levels have been in the range of 300 - 450 ng/dL for the past 2 years. This was before I was taking any kind of hormones.
Haven't had much success in bringing it up significantly. Was hoping and still hoping that thyroid supplementation would result in a sharp increase in T. Other than low thyroid, have no clue what is keeping my T levels that low.

I am wondering in someone with high T levels, say 900 ng/dL, how much would Andro lower it.

CLASH

I am writing this post in order to get a better understanding, not to criticize.
I did some minimal blood test this morning cause I paid 'out of pocket'

Total Testosterone
-
no dramatic increase in T levels, despite pro-androgenic diet (high-carb, sufficient SFA, sufficient protein, low-ish PUFA)
- my levels actually decreased
- poor sleep in the past few months may have contributed.
- on-and-off supplementation of Pregnenolone + DHEA (in the form of Pansterone from Idealabs) & Androsterone more recently did not result in increased T levels
- no positive androgenic effects of the Peat lifestyle despite stress reduction methods and supplements (Aspirin, Cypro on and off

Prolactin
-
- Went from 8 to 11.

Estradiol
- another cluster**** of a result
- went from 21 to 33. WTF?

TSH
- the only positive result
- Went from 2.8 to 2.1. Likely T3 supplementation having a positive effect

Notes
In the past few months, I've been bulking. Gained some muscle, but also gained some midsection fat, and the chest became puffier (sign of increased prolactin)? Could the Estrogen increase be explained by the increase in bodyfat?
It's not like I went overboard, I am 16% BF, I'd say.

View attachment 21158

Whats your diet look like?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Whats your diet look like?
I'll be honest, it has not been the most ideal and nutrient-rich. I relied too much on crutches, and was hoping for supplements & hormones to lift me up.
I relied too much on white sugar, Coke, protein bars or powders. I've also eaten not so often as I should have optimal nutrient-rich foods like red meat. I sometimes had cheat days too.

All kinds of Fruits, fruit juice (often pasteurized), hard cheese, eggs when I crave them, white rice, boiled potatoes, peas, Coke, pasteurized / UHT milk, raw carrots a few times a week.

Sleep has been bad lately, got to bed at 1am on average, and I woke up with a headache.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

There have been a few threads of Cypro increasing Prolactin. I have no idea how elevated prolactin manifests, but did not experience significant benefits from Cypro (no digestive improvements), so it's safe to say that I won't touch it again for a while.

gaze

Nope.
PTH was optimal in 2019 when last tested.
interesting. I've always been under the assumption that the vitamin D - calcium -TSH -PTH pathway is most associated with prolactin, but of course there's a lot of things that can affect it. Ray would probably throw the blame on potatoes or rice, but if your digestion is fine I doubt that's it. Or if your not drinking enough milk. The salt -aldosterone- magnesium pathway is also involved I think

CLASH

I'll be honest, it has not been the most ideal and nutrient-rich. I relied too much on crutches, and was hoping for supplements & hormones to lift me up.
I relied too much on white sugar, Coke, protein bars or powders. I've also eaten not so often as I should have optimal nutrient-rich foods like red meat. I sometimes had cheat days too.

All kinds of Fruits, fruit juice (often pasteurized), hard cheese, eggs when I crave them, white rice, boiled potatoes, peas, Coke, pasteurized / UHT milk, raw carrots a few times a week.

Sleep has been bad lately, got to bed at 1am on average, and I woke up with a headache.

In my experience, lots of dairy foods, with the exception of butter, and lots of starches made me feel and behave as if I had low androgens (they also make me bloated and slow down my digestion quite a bit). Also, granulated sugar caused issues for me overtime.

What I have done best on is meat, fish, cooked vegetables, whole fruits, dried fruits, fruit juice, saturated/monounsaturated fat sources (butter, beef tallow, cocoa butter, coconut oil [lately I have just been using coconut oil and beef tallow])

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals