Cyproheptadine Doubled My Prolactin In 3-4 Months

aquaman

After using Cypro in 0.5mg-1mg doses about 3-4 times a week over 3-4 months, my Prolactin doubled from 12.5 to 26 ng/ml!

Was using it mainly for sleep but also thought it would reduce Prolactin, not increase it!

It's the only new supplement/chemical I have used over this period except Pyrucet, but I don't think it's the Pyrucet which has had a good impact on blood sugar regulation. I've just seen in the cypro thread that some studies shows it raises Prolactin...argh. May try Metergoline, but may also stop using chemicals and just stick with proper nutrition. Shows how it can be a crap-shoot.

I've lost about 10 pounds over that time, so not had issues with weight gain like some report.

Hans

Forum Supporter
After using Cypro in 0.5mg-1mg doses about 3-4 times a week over 3-4 months, my Prolactin doubled from 12.5 to 26 ng/ml!

Was using it mainly for sleep but also thought it would reduce Prolactin, not increase it!

It's the only new supplement/chemical I have used over this period except Pyrucet, but I don't think it's the Pyrucet which has had a good impact on blood sugar regulation. I've just seen in the cypro thread that some studies shows it raises Prolactin...argh. May try Metergoline, but may also stop using chemicals and just stick with proper nutrition. Shows how it can be a crap-shoot.

I've lost about 10 pounds over that time, so not had issues with weight gain like some report.
You might have had already low dopamine. To lower prolactin I would rather use adamantane (dopamine booster), vitamin E and tribulus.

Also, make sure your vit D and calcium is good.

OP
A

aquaman

@aquaman regardless of the number of prolactin, how did you feel while taking it?

Slowly got much worse, hence why I tested again. I was sleeping better with the Cypro, but was often sluggish the next day and by month 4, was really feeling slowed down in general. Wish I had not taken it!

OP
A

aquaman

You might have had already low dopamine. To lower prolactin I would rather use adamantane (dopamine booster), vitamin E and tribulus.

Thanks - will look more into dopamine stuff

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Thanks for posting this.

This would make sense as to why I feel also feel like SHI* acutely on Cypro, but then feel amazing 3-4 days later.

How do you feel now after stopping? I wonder if you get the incredible surge of energy and libido 3-4 days after quitting like me!

Hey my man as someone who once had high prolactin my suggestion is to try and get it down with non chemicals, so vitamin e and vitamin b6 and see if they are effective, e2 and prolactin are directly linked so if estriadiol is high so therefore will be prolactin, vitamin e can knock down e2 and prolactin also. I ended up taking bromo i bought from someone on this forum, taking metergoline, lisuride and another dopamine agonist, and wish i would of never done this, I believe it caused my brain to misfire in certain ways and kind of screwed me up. I think it was more from taking all these different chemicals then anything, lisuride did bring my prolactin down however. I think lisuride is the safest one , and the bromocriptine the one that caused the most haywiredness for me.

Interesting you say this, because my Prolactin is very low, but my E2 is very high.

Wow, sounds like you also went through a tough time!! So Lisuride was the kindest to you?

Do you actually use vitamin E supplements or strive to get from food?

Yeah out of all of them it seemed to be the most mild, but id cautious with that class of dopamine agonists, bromo, lisuride, and metergoline just due to the anture of them, thats one of two experiments i wish i would never done the other one being 7g of aspirin for a week. My prolactin was at 35 i think at the time and i felt awwful and was super desperate so i tried everything.

Yeah supplement that, take mixed tocopherols at 400 ius every few days now, it gives me a sense of calmness and gets rid of this feeling that feels like its always on in my brain, an incessant feeling that runs my mind in an annyoning but small overdrive an ocd like energy

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Yeah out of all of them it seemed to be the most mild, but id cautious with that class of dopamine agonists, bromo, lisuride, and metergoline just due to the anture of them, thats one of two experiments i wish i would never done the other one being 7g of aspirin for a week. My prolactin was at 35 i think at the time and i felt awwful and was super desperate so i tried everything.

Yeah supplement that, take mixed tocopherols at 400 ius every few days now, it gives me a sense of calmness and gets rid of this feeling that feels like its always on in my brain, an incessant feeling that runs my mind in an annyoning but small overdrive an ocd like energy

Wow thanks for sharing man.

I think mixed tocopherols would be a good thing to explore. Thanks. Do you use it in the evening?

Yeah man if its the right thing for your body theyre pretty amazing, it creates a deep groundedness in the body as well, like ultra calm, or that has been my experience and yeah before bed usually

Kram

Hey my man as someone who once had high prolactin my suggestion is to try and get it down with non chemicals, so vitamin e and vitamin b6 and see if they are effective, e2 and prolactin are directly linked so if estriadiol is high so therefore will be prolactin, vitamin e can knock down e2 and prolactin also. I ended up taking bromo i bought from someone on this forum, taking metergoline, lisuride and another dopamine agonist, and wish i would of never done this, I believe it caused my brain to misfire in certain ways and kind of screwed me up. I think it was more from taking all these different chemicals then anything, lisuride did bring my prolactin down however. I think lisuride is the safest one , and the bromocriptine the one that caused the most haywiredness for me.
Did you take bromo, lisuride, metergoline and the dopamine agonist all at the same time??

Did you take bromo, lisuride, metergoline and the dopamine agonist all at the same time??

I took Bromo first and then got metergoline and then lisuride, i took them basically back to back to back, i took metegoline and bromociptine together and lisuride independently, i think the source of my bromo was iffy at best it was from a national serum institue of india

OP
A

aquaman

Thanks for the Vit E and B6 suggestion.

My estrogen was moderately high before when my prolactin was 12.5, and it stayed the same at prolactin of 26, so prolactin seems to have risen independently of estrogen while taking Cypro.

I see what you mean about the various dopamine agonists, I tried Bromo a while ago and felt terrible just after a couple of doses.

OP
A

aquaman

Thanks for posting this.

This would make sense as to why I feel also feel like SHI* acutely on Cypro, but then feel amazing 3-4 days later.

How do you feel now after stopping? I wonder if you get the incredible surge of energy and libido 3-4 days after quitting like me!

Still sluggish, but improving, and not had a surge of energy or libido after 1 week of stopping.

Peater

Thanks for this. I have been taking modest doses (2mg) before bed for a long time as it is seen as a good pharmaceutical. I will cut it out and see how I feel.

Kram

I took Bromo first and then got metergoline and then lisuride, i took them basically back to back to back, i took metegoline and bromociptine together and lisuride independently, i think the source of my bromo was iffy at best it was from a national serum institue of india
Gotcha. Interestingly, I tried bromo three times the past 6 months (one day only) and each time I felt really bad on it also. I started metergoline and lisuride the past week and haven't had any bad reactions but tbd if they help lowering prolactin and serotonin.

Kingpinguin

Cyphroheptadine is an dopamine D3 inhibitor in similair doses as its serotonin reducing doses. Only 0,5mg should be used to lower serotonin and keep dopamine untouched. Once you go above 1 mg and specially 2 mg dopamine stars to get supressed. I’d imagine use over weeks will slowly raise prolactin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals