Cyproheptadine Doubled My Prolactin In 3-4 Months

Kingpinguin

How long would expect it to take levels to return to baseline?

Depends on 100 of factors. Age, diet, genetics, sleep, stress...etc list goes on. You can only speculate. My answer could be anywhere from weeks to months. What matters is not the prolactin number. What matters is how you feel. And taking active steps to feeling good will quicken the healing process.

Peater

Depends on 100 of factors. Age, diet, genetics, sleep, stress...etc list goes on. You can only speculate. My answer could be anywhere from weeks to months. What matters is not the prolactin number. What matters is how you feel. And taking active steps to feeling good will quicken the healing process.

The only sensible answer I guess. Apparently lisuride is helpful

Sheik

Cypro gave me a lot of relief but made me miserable at the same time.... maybe partly because I wasn't eating.

managing

I am personally beginning to think that the dosages of this might be way off. I've been experimenting with microdoses of ketotifen (very, very closely related to cyproheptadine). 10 mcg has an effect and I am taking no more than 100mcg per day spread out. I intend to turn to cyproheptadine soon with the same experiment.

Even half a tablet (500mcg) of either of these makes me feel just strangely out of sorts if I take it once, let alone continue. But on ~100mcg of ketotifen I feel as good or better than I have in a long time.

After I complete the same experiment with cyproheptadine, I will post more in depth about my experience. But if anybody is having the experience of good/bad with cypro, try microdosing.

OP
A

aquaman

I am personally beginning to think that the dosages of this might be way off. I've been experimenting with microdoses of ketotifen (very, very closely related to cyproheptadine). 10 mcg has an effect and I am taking no more than 100mcg per day spread out. I intend to turn to cyproheptadine soon with the same experiment.

Even half a tablet (500mcg) of either of these makes me feel just strangely out of sorts if I take it once, let alone continue. But on ~100mcg of ketotifen I feel as good or better than I have in a long time.

After I complete the same experiment with cyproheptadine, I will post more in depth about my experience. But if anybody is having the experience of good/bad with cypro, try microdosing.

Very interesting.. keep us posted!

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

I want to try microdosing Cypro. Thanks for sharing.

jyb

Micro-dosing cypro seems like a nice idea. I agree that the "normal" dose (0.5 or 1g) has limited use in practice due to side effects.

Do keep us posted.

milkboi

A combination of Microdosing cypro at 4pm, followed by an amazing sleep, to wake up to L-Phenylalanine + with its cofactors + Vitamin E + Cistanche, sounds like Dopamine heaven...

What would the cofactors be?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
After using Cypro in 0.5mg-1mg doses about 3-4 times a week over 3-4 months, my Prolactin doubled from 12.5 to 26 ng/ml!

Was using it mainly for sleep but also thought it would reduce Prolactin, not increase it!

It's the only new supplement/chemical I have used over this period except Pyrucet, but I don't think it's the Pyrucet which has had a good impact on blood sugar regulation. I've just seen in the cypro thread that some studies shows it raises Prolactin...argh. May try Metergoline, but may also stop using chemicals and just stick with proper nutrition. Shows how it can be a crap-shoot.

I've lost about 10 pounds over that time, so not had issues with weight gain like some report.

Curious to know if you had worsening of hair during this period?

DennisX

If you have a pituitary microadenoma your prolactin will be super high. Cabergoline is usually prescribed for this. However cabergoline is a 5ht2b agonist and taken over time will give you fibrosis of the heart value. Cypro is a 5ht2b antagonist and should be taken with cabergolin to prevent fibrosis

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals