Progesterone increases libido?

andrewlee224

I would have thought the opposite - sometimes I'm taking it to improve sleep and general health, but I kind of accept that it may reduce testosterone and libido. But actually whenever I take it I have a stronger libido and erections. What could be the mechanism behind this?

Beastmode

I would have thought the opposite - sometimes I'm taking it to improve sleep and general health, but I kind of accept that it may reduce testosterone and libido. But actually whenever I take it I have a stronger libido and erections. What could be the mechanism behind this?
It lowers estrogren. Whenever I feel a bit more "stressed" and food and activity alone aren't lowering it like usual, progest-e is helpful with some additional sugar while taking it. If it's what my really needed, I notice a stronger libido and erection quality.

Consider the difference between a stronger libido that comes from "lusting" more vs a more calm energy that is "ready to go."

OP
A

andrewlee224

It lowers estrogren. Whenever I feel a bit more "stressed" and food and activity alone aren't lowering it like usual, progest-e is helpful with some additional sugar while taking it. If it's what my really needed, I notice a stronger libido and erection quality.

Consider the difference between a stronger libido that comes from "lusting" more vs a more calm energy that is "ready to go."
That makes sense. I suspect I have both high T (confirmed by labs) and high E (didn't have it checked but I suspect it by symptoms). So I guess in that situation Progesterone is quite beneficial even for a male.

equipoise

In lower doses Progesterone is really anabolic, plus it's the ***t for skin/hair health, digestion and endotoxin antagonism...Really good stuff. If you wanna make it even more potent you can always take it with DHEA - see CortiNon from IdeaLabs

Patty

Am interested in this. I have Projest e. How do you use, orally? If yes how many drops?

shine

When I use 3-6 mg of progesterone on my navel before sleep I wake up with really strong morning wood that won't go away for quite some time.

OP
A

andrewlee224

In lower doses Progesterone is really anabolic, plus it's the ***t for skin/hair health, digestion and endotoxin antagonism...Really good stuff. If you wanna make it even more potent you can always take it with DHEA - see CortiNon from IdeaLabs
Thanks! That's exactly my experience.. whenever I put PanSterone (Preg + DHEA) on stomach

OP
A

andrewlee224

I also use a few drops of Progestene on stomach. Haven’t tried to ingest it

shine

I also use a few drops of Progestene on stomach. Haven’t tried to ingest it

Check out the thread "The skin as a steroidogenic organ" by Mauritio.
The skin contains the enzymes needed to convert progesterone into testosterone.
So besides progesterone lowering estrogens effects, an increase in testosterone could also be the mechanism.

That makes sense. I suspect I have both high T (confirmed by labs) and high E (didn't have it checked but I suspect it by symptoms). So I guess in that situation Progesterone is quite beneficial even for a male.

that's my situation and it is highly useful.

Nebula

Check out the thread "The skin as a steroidogenic organ" by Mauritio.
The skin contains the enzymes needed to convert progesterone into testosterone.
So besides progesterone lowering estrogens effects, an increase in testosterone could also be the mechanism.
Which solvent and product are you using? Maybe a formula that saturates the skin longer is better for ensuring the skin enzymes metabolize it and not some other tissue that will liberate estrogen.

lexis

How many here believe in this theory about feminine women?

The lesser you are involved with finance and wealth, the more feminine you are

shine

Which solvent and product are you using? Maybe a formula that saturates the skin longer is better for ensuring the skin enzymes metabolize it and not some other tissue that will liberate estrogen.

I'm using a product that contains MCTs, vitamin E, ethanol and progesterone.

Yeah, that's very likely. Do you have something in mind that could slow the absorption?

The next thing I am going to try is putting lanolin on a skin area and then apply some pansterone or progesterone on it. Pansterone increases steroidogenic activity and having more cholesterol locally available via lanolin could lead to higher amounts of steroids being produced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals