Has Anyone Getting Different Effects From Topical Progesterone, Depending On Where You Apply?

nikoniss

Hi there,
first and foremost, my intention to use topical progesterone is to reduce DHT. Most of the time I do 20mg, using progesterone liposomal cream from Now Foods.

When I apply the cream to the usual recommended sites such as inner elbow, forearms etc I feel a boost in testosterone, i.e feeling horny all the time, rock hard erection, can masturbate more than a couple of times a day, which is the exact opposite effect im after.

However, when I apply it to scrotum, I get low libido, can go a week without sexual urge (i know this may sound silly, but its actually what im after, maybe not this long, but before was bothering me enough), and I remember even getting itchy nipples if I applied the full dose 20mg.

Has anyone seen others experienced this same different effects when applied to your body and scrotum? Why, and do you guys think there is a medical implication behind it?

Vinero

first and foremost, my intention to use topical progesterone is to reduce DHT
Progesterone doesn't lower DHT.
Oral Progesterone Increases Testosterone And DHT
Progesterone Is Androgenic

When I apply the cream to the usual recommended sites such as inner elbow, forearms etc I feel a boost in testosterone, i.e feeling horny all the time, rock hard erection, can masturbate more than a couple of times a day, which is the exact opposite effect im after.
That's what you want!

However, when I apply it to scrotum, I get low libido, can go a week without sexual urge (i know this may sound silly, but its actually what im after, maybe not this long, but before was bothering me enough), and I remember even getting itchy nipples if I applied the full dose 20mg.
That seems like an estrogenic effect, maybe the supplement damaged your testicular environment. Ray doesn't recommend putting anything (especially oily) on the testicles.

Last edited:

Glassy

Yeah applying progesterone to your scrote will result in the progesterone being used differently. That’s where your Leydig cells live and is where most of your androgens are produced. You are giving them precursors to produce other hormones and the progesterone has affects as well. You might actually be experiencing a reduction in estrogen production which is what is reducing your libido somewhat. I associate that “need” to fap with high estrogen but oddly it doesn’t seem to negatively affect sexual desire or performance when the need is gone. I’d drop the dose by at least half if you’re going to dose regularly in that region and embrace your androgens.

M

member 6316

Doesent matter where you apply it. this is just placebo in effect.

Steene

Your hypersexual state is definitely high estrogen. Stop putting anything to your scrotum it only does more harm than good. You don’t want to lower your DHT you have to lower your estrogen as mentioned before. DHT gives you a good sexual drive and performance WITHOUT the need to masturbate like a maniac.

Substances which will help you to achieve that are:

Aspirin 375 mg two times a day
Vitamine E 400 IU
Zinc Picoliante 25 mg
White Mushrooms cooked

Mossy

Your hypersexual state is definitely high estrogen. Stop putting anything to your scrotum it only does more harm than good. You don’t want to lower your DHT you have to lower your estrogen as mentioned before. DHT gives you a good sexual drive and performance WITHOUT the need to masturbate like a maniac.

Substances which will help you to achieve that are:

Aspirin 375 mg two times a day
Vitamine E 400 IU
Zinc Picoliante 25 mg
White Mushrooms cooked
Hi Steene,

My experience with Aspirin and Vitamin E is that I'll get blood thinning, engorged veins on my temples. Do you personally counter that thinning effect with K2? Or, is this not an issue for you?

Steene

Hi Steene,

My experience with Aspirin and Vitamin E is that I'll get blood thinning, engorged veins on my temples. Do you personally counter that thinning effect with K2? Or, is this not an issue for you?

I don't have any problem with blood thinning, but I take at least 2mg K2 Mk4. K2+Aspirin in the morning E+Aspirin in the evening.

Mossy

I don't have any problem with blood thinning, but I take at least 2mg K2 Mk4. K2+Aspirin in the morning E+Aspirin in the evening.
Ok, then the K2 must be countering that and making it a non-issue for you. I used to not take the E along with K2, but Haidut says that a lower dose is ok, as in his Estroban. So, now I'm trying them together; because like the blood thinning of E and aspirin, I feel like K2 has its own negative effect. I guess I can't call it a clotting effect, because from all that I read, it's K1 that is clotting.

Anyway, I better stop derailing this thread from the progesterone theme.

opethfeldt

I get a more androgenic response from low dose prog on my forearns than I do with oral use. It's even visually apparent. My beard reddens when I take prog orally but doesn't change from it's usually dark brown when used topically. I'm using Progestene, so absorption likely isn't a factor.

baccheion

I get a more androgenic response from low dose prog on my forearns than I do with oral use. It's even visually apparent. My beard reddens when I take prog orally but doesn't change from it's usually dark brown when used topically. I'm using Progestene, so absorption likely isn't a factor.
Reddens = lower copper? Glutathione switches production from eumelanin (dark brown) to pheomelanin (yellow-red) and is often increased by progesterone.